Get behind the team or get out.

Good post. To be honest I never thought the Knicks had a chance to win this series. Miami is in complete beastmode. Lebron can smell that throphy and he is like a train with no brakes right now. The champions this year will be either miami, OKC or the Spurs. No other team has a remote chance.

All I can say is that the Knicks have tried, but trying is not enough against a team with 2 top 5 players in the world and 1 on the top 20. The team is injured as hell, and the Heat are playing like bullies against all these sore bones.

Lets reload next year, make some roster moves and become better. I am a die heart Knicks fan, but honestly we were no better than a top 10 team this year.

So yeah.... Lets stop the bitching.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
support the team but I dont see a problem with not supporting players who arent team players.

Exactly. Being a fan of NYK does not imply that you have to like everything about this team. I don't mind losing as long as I know that we are improving and moving in the right direction.

BTW, how is a newbie lecturing us about how to be a proper Knicks fan? WTF.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Exactly. Being a fan of NYK does not imply that you have to like everything about this team. I don't mind losing as long as I know that we are improving and moving in the right direction.

BTW, how is a newbie lecturing us about how to be a proper Knicks fan? WTF.

The newbie is lecturing the board because it needs it. Fresh eyes can see KO.COM is bogus. We have all off-season after locker clean out to argue about anything and everything. But in the middle of the playoff run everyone is concerned about how much our best player "sucks" and is "quitter" and how the the "best" player on our hated rival is so great????? On the hated HEAT yet???? So I guess Zo, PJ Brown, and Hardaway are awesome and better than Allen Houston, Ewing, Spree, and Starks??? This is the HEAT here folks.... The team our Benedict Arnold Pat Riley defected to coach and be President of the team. The HATED HEAT!!!! Bron chose them over us so I hate Bron. I hate their coach and his stupid haircut. I hate their LOGO. Hate, hate, hate, hate folks. When you mention Indiana or Miami, i turn into Tyrone Biggums. I remember the Sunday AM. match ups with us vs the Pacers and Miami with Bill walton and Snapper Jones. I remember Tuesday Nights on TNT with Hubie Brown. I remember the fight. I remember Reggie Miller's flopping around worse than Lebron, him taunting Spike after hitting the 3's, and I wonder why he is commentating our playoff games now. I remember when the KNICKS were RELEVANT. Most of all, I remember when our stars were known for being WARRIORS, not for eating VASALINE and punching FIRE-EXTINGUISHERS.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
The newbie is lecturing the board because it needs it. Fresh eyes can see KO.COM is bogus. We have all off-season after locker clean out to argue about anything and everything. But in the middle of the playoff run everyone is concerned about how much our best player "sucks" and is "quitter" and how the the "best" player on our hated rival is so great????? On the hated HEAT yet???? So I guess Zo, PJ Brown, and Hardaway are awesome and better than Allen Houston, Ewing, Spree, and Starks??? This is the HEAT here folks.... The team our Benedict Arnold Pat Riley defected to coach and be President of the team. The HATED HEAT!!!! Bron chose them over us so I hate Bron. I hate their coach and his stupid haircut. I hate their LOGO. Hate, hate, hate, hate folks. When you mention Indiana or Miami, i turn into Tyrone Biggums. I remember the Sunday AM. match ups with us vs the Pacers and Miami with Bill walton and Snapper Jones. I remember Tuesday Nights on TNT with Hubie Brown. I remember the fight. I remember Reggie Miller's flopping around worse than Lebron, him taunting Spike after hitting the 3's, and I wonder why he is commentating our playoff games now. I remember when the KNICKS were RELEVANT. Most of all, I remember when our stars were known for being WARRIORS, not for eating VASALINE and punching FIRE-EXTINGUISHERS.

A breath of fresh air is invigorating. A smell of mephitic odor is not. Is this site becoming Orwellian? WTF is with the thought police?

I like to see unfettered support for New York Knicks. I also like to read criticisms about New York Knicks. If the newbie felt he only wanted to see the good, more power to him.

Just don't tell the board how to post, newbie or not.

BTW, no true Knicks fan will ever side with the hated Miami Heat. I witnessed the JVG ankle-tackle and I celebrated Allan Houston's last second shot that stayed on the rim for an eternity. They were the warriors. This team is NOT.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I love fans who think other fans shouldnt criticize playerss, coaches, etc. Thats our right as fans. We pay for these guys salaries by buying Jerseys, Hats, shirts, Tickets, etc. Please stop acting like your a bigger fan then others. I may not agree with some Knick fans assesment of the team, but they have every right to voice their opinion. Thats why were here.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I love fans who think other fans shouldnt criticize playerss, coaches, etc. Thats our right as fans. We pay for these guys salaries by buying Jerseys, Hats, shirts, Tickets, etc. Please stop acting like your a bigger fan then others. I may not agree with some Knick fans assesment of the team, but they have every right to voice their opinion. Thats why were here.

I personally dont have a problem with criticism, just went it lacks substance

Its Melo's fault we aint win a game in the playoffs

Oh really how

He's our leader

So he should do it by himself

He makes 20million dollars, hell yeah

what about the rest of the team

He has to get them involved

He passes them the ball and they miss

Then he gotta take over

He tries to but he's getting double and triple teamed every time and cant find a rhythm

Then he gotta move the ball and stop iso'ing

Do you want him to shoot or pass

you get whats I'm sayin these are the stupid arguments we have on here and its getting annoying

blame Woodson for not making adjustments, blame STAT for deestroying his hand, blame Dolan for not keeping a core together

BUT I will not blame any player who's out there fighting for the team and the fans, as much adversity we faced in this series none of our guys gave up, the problem is we brought knives to a gun fight but I still see my guys stabbin away

#Knickstape..........you either bleed O&B and ride for the 15 men who put the jersey on or you dont.

I know we're not going to like every decision that our players make, but they are our players and as such we should want them to the best they can be, I dont see that around here

Den318

Benchwarmer
Let's blame it on everyone else except Lamelo.

He shot 35% with 12 turnovers and 6 assists for the 3 games.
That is superstar Michael Jordan numbers!!!!!!!!!!! If not for his super human number in the playoff, the Knicks would have lose by 50 pts every game!! Let all hail Lamelo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Let's blame it on everyone else except Lamelo.

He shot 35% with 12 turnovers and 6 assists for the 3 games.
That is superstar Michael Jordan numbers!!!!!!!!!!! If not for his super human number in the playoff, the Knicks would have lose by 50 pts every game!! Let all hail Lamelo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a team effort, you guys claim Melo sucks blah blah but want him to win by himself, see thats the bull **** we're talking about

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I assume you didn't watch the series or at least didn't pay attention to what's happening on the court. It's funny how you call Melo/JR taking more than 50% of all shots "team work" while rest of the crew could only hope to get to shoot the ball when Melo/JR were out. There has been no team work so far, it's been pure iso-and-chuck fest by JR/Melo.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I assume you didn't watch the series or at least didn't pay attention to what's happening on the court. It's funny how you call Melo/JR taking more than 50% of all shots "team work" while rest of the crew could only hope to get to shoot the ball when Melo/JR were out. There has been no team work so far, it's been pure iso-and-chuck fest by JR/Melo.

If you know me you know I watched the series

anyway

Novak cant get shots off.......Melo's fault

Landry they want him to shoot..........Melo's fault

Bibby and Davis are the PG's they should shoot that much anyway.....Melo's fault

Chandler shoots just enough.......Melo's fault

STAT wont work off the ball to get more FGA's...........Melo's fault

JR is a scorer what do you want him to do not shoot........Melo's fault

Its all Melo's fault you guys win

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This is how you melosexuals always act - make everyone who disagrees seem ridiculous so you feel better about your own statements.

But in fact none of your arguments make sense. Because even people with very little basketball knowledge understand that if a player gets doubled or tripled on every possession then an other remains unguaraded. Spoelstra knows that Carmelo is hell of a shooter, moreover, pretty much everyone around this league knows it. But apparently he also knows that Carmelo is such a stubborn player he will continue forcing shots even if he's crowded by black jerseys. Woody created plays that make use of Carmelo's strengths and that is an obvious choice as I said in an other thread, because Anthony is our franchise player and one of the best offensive players on the planet. But what Woodson and Carmelo fail to understand is that when our franchise player tries to find a way to shoot through all those black jerseys surrounding him, Novak, Fields or Davis are simply standing around completely unguarded. Don't get me wrong, if Melo's shots would fall I wouldn't have any problem with him shooting that much. But it seems they don't and it's about time to take advantage of Carmelo being doubled or tripled and find open guys instead of forcing more shots. And by "open guys" I don't necessarily mean JR, who's the dumbest chucker this city has evern seen. And believe me, when Miami realizes Novak made his discount double check once again they'd free Carmelo and guard Steve which again creates more opportunities for Anthony who wouldn't be doubled any longer. But, to sum it all up, if Carmelo can do it all by himself making all those shots - great, but if he can't, move the ****ing ball.

CA7

Scoring Champ
That's what I'm saying he's passing the ball to the open man, they wont leave Novak open, you cant pass it to Chandler too far away from the basket, Landry cant do anything, Baron and Bibby are easy to guard and JR while erratic is at least being aggressive

See the problem with most of you is, you're starving for a win which is understandable but the fact that you blame 1 muthafukckckcing player is straight garbage

Dont give me that teams win games **** then blame 1 player for a loss

You gotta come with better arguments than that to make sense, the only reason a casual would blame Melo is because he's the star and they dont any better

but you know better and should the problems we've had this series lie deeper than just one player

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
So what if I'm anti melo/amare. So what? I want the knicks to go places, and these two are not gonna take ny there. The more hate these two get the more it shows how much ppl care about the team.

Here :gony:. U happy now?

Ra-ra-ra- GO KNICKS!

CA7

Scoring Champ
So what if I'm anti melo/amare. So what? I want the knicks to go places, and these two are not gonna take ny there. The more hate these two get the more it shows how much ppl care about the team.

Here :gony:. U happy now?

Ra-ra-ra- GO KNICKS!

I'm done :gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
You are not done yet. He will be defending your hero Lamelo again and again.

no really I'm done, why keep arguing with people who are not understanding what you're saying

I'm not gonna argue with people who

-say things like Lamelo, Melosexual or whatever the hell else you keep repeating

-say things like Melo sucks, punk bitch, over rated, fat and all that nonsense

if we're gonna debate I'm going to debate with guys who have at least some sense and will conduct themselves like adults

I'm 22, with a kid and a girlfriend, I work and go to school and I come on this site because I love the Knicks and Carmelo is my favorite player........I'm not gonna stress myself out by feeding you attention so like I said I'm done

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm not gonna argue with people who

-say things like Lamelo, Melosexual or whatever the hell else you keep repeating

Fair enough, too. It's plainly retarded. Melosexual :eek:hboy: .

You do a good job of defending your favorite player, and are never unfair or insulting. Though I've had my issues with him, I've only ever had the one occasion where a Melo supporter has abused me, and I destroyed him. :lol: Can't remember who it was now?

You can't blame Melo for being the only offensive option capable of creating for themselves from the arc, mid range, low post and sub sequentially being closed out by the league's best defense. Miami has too much D, and too much offensive firepower once they get the ball for a team missing 3 starters in the Knicks.

Though he's been probably less impressive than I'd assumed considering those factors, and I'm not happy with what he's accomplished (hasn't accomplished), it is unfair to judge him given the circumstances. Losing is frustrating, and it sucks. It sucks dinosaur ****.

But to blame Melo for what has happened to this team is not fair. I'd never run that as an excuse. And the game plan we've been attempting to throw at Miami offensively has been lame, nonetheless.

Tell you what though, in supporting him in the midst of all his detractors, if Melo comes in to next season and isn't prepared or improved, I'll slander him thoroughly and often. That would be what I consider fair in terms of targeting an individual with blame

This year, after all the bull****, I still can only afford him a 6/10 for effort from our first game 'til now. Not acceptable for a MAX contract. Stoudemire gets a 5.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;233939 said:
Fair enough, too. It's plainly retarded. Melosexual :eek:hboy: .

You do a good job of defending your favorite player, and are never unfair or insulting. Though I've had my issues with him, I've only ever had the one occasion where a Melo supporter has abused me, and I destroyed him. :lol: Can't remember who it was now?

You can't blame Melo for being the only offensive option capable of creating for themselves from the arc, mid range, low post and sub sequentially being closed out by the league's best defense. Miami has too much D, and too much offensive firepower once they get the ball for a team missing 3 starters in the Knicks.

Though he's been probably less impressive than I'd assumed considering those factors, and I'm not happy with what he's accomplished (hasn't accomplished), it is unfair to judge him given the circumstances. Losing is frustrating, and it sucks. It sucks dinosaur ****.

But to blame Melo for what has happened to this team is not fair. I'd never run that as an excuse. And the game plan we've been attempting to throw at Miami offensively has been lame, nonetheless.

Tell you what though, in supporting him in the midst of all his detractors, if Melo comes in to next season and isn't prepared or improved, I'll slander him thoroughly and often. That would be what I consider fair in terms of targeting an individual with blame

This year, after all the bull****, I still can only afford him a 6/10 for effort from our first game 'til now. Not acceptable for a MAX contract. Stoudemire gets a 5.

I agree especially with the bolded part, if Melo doesn't use this and work his ass off for more than an hour a day then I cant be mad at guys blasting him, best part is he'll be with Team USA and they will hopefully make fun of him again for not making it out of the 1st round

I see videos of LBJ, KD, CP3 and Kobe working out and going hard all summer, Melo works out but the wrong way, in the weight room he's fine but on the court I never see him take game shots when he's working on his shot, I gotta see more which is why I'll give him the this summer and the start of next season and see where his game and more importantly his head is at