pat

Starter
I personally dont have a problem with criticism, just went it lacks substance

Its Melo's fault we aint win a game in the playoffs

Oh really how

He's our leader

So he should do it by himself

He makes 20million dollars, hell yeah

You don't get it. The problem is not that he should do it on his own. The problem is that he is trying to or the system is geared towards that and he is not able to do it. He his messing up our on-court chemistry (I cannot say anything about off court, but bad off-court chemistry usually ensues) and the only chance we had (all role players hitting on all cylinders) cannot materialise. The only player not affected is JR Smith who has the same kind of limited basketball iq as Melo and Woodson. iso, iso, iso.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You don't get it. The problem is not that he should do it on his own. The problem is that he is trying to or the system is geared towards that and he is not able to do it. He his messing up our on-court chemistry (I cannot say anything about off court, but bad off-court chemistry usually ensues) and the only chance we had (all role players hitting on all cylinders) cannot materialise. The only player not affected is JR Smith who has the same kind of limited basketball iq as Melo and Woodson. iso, iso, iso.

The fact that other guys aren't stepping up isn't his fault, we run plays for Novak they deny him the ball, Amar'e is out so we cant go to him, Tyson is limited, Baron is doing the best he can as is Bibby but they cant take over the game, Landry is doing nothin valuable, Melo is being triple teamed passing out of it but we're not converting, he's being hounded for 15 seconds gets the ball, has to make a decision so he goes up and tries to score cant get to the line because he gets no calls

Its bigger than Melo is iso'ing its the fact that nothing is going well for us as a team, we can pass the ball around the arc all we want the key to beating the Heat is working inside out, penetration(we lack a PG who can handle their athleticism), post play(they double Melo) and working the ball to the outside shooters(Novak is being denied)

That right there is the problem, but low basketball iq people wont see that, they'll just blame the best player but hey what do I know thats just my opinion :gony:

This forum is rapidly becoming the biggest joke, everyone bitching and trolls coming out with clear 'anti melo' and 'anti stat' agenda's. Yes, I understand we are a mess at the moment but the reason i come here is to discuss the team we should all love.

Consider this before going onto bitch and suggesting more trades.

1. This team has not had one proper offseason together. Add to this a new coach, shortened season, the fact that the whole starting lineup including Lin only played 7 games together.

2. We are playing against the best team in the league, period. When the Heat turn it on, they win, it's as simple as that. They have been playing brilliantly, last time i checked 80% of our STARTING lineup wasn't 100% (Lin out, Shump out, Amare out, Chandler sick with flu). So many people bashing Woodson already when he was the saviour only 2 months ago. Novak was in our starting lineup for gods sake, and people bash him because he can't beat a completely healthy Heat. Add to this that B-Diddy or Jeffries aren't 100%.

3. Everyone is so quick to beat up on Melo when he was beasting the league barely a week ago. Before you bring up the 'he is a first round exit rubbish', look at the teams he played. Each time he was knocked out in the first round he played the team that went on to win the finals or rep the west. He is getting doubled by the Heat every time he touches the ball and no one is helping him.

Do I believe Stat and Melo are on overpaid contracts, undoubtedly. But people need to take things into perspective and give this team time. I repeat we had 7, yes seven games together as a fully healthy team and went 6-1. So give this team a full offseason together with minor adjustments under Woodson and we are realistically a 50-55 win team good for the 3rd seed in the East.

Yes it does start by our stars becoming more accountable. I find it humiliating when Stat comes out and says things like 'Im going hunting for Lebron this season', and doesn't back it up. Our stars need to prove they are keen this offseason. Personally i'd love for Melo to hit the weights and lower his bodyfat % and improve his overall conditioning in the offseason. STAT needs to stop going to fashion shows and work on some post moves and his defence.

Sorry it probably sounds like im on my period but if i wanted to put up with Knick hating trolls i'd go to insidehoops or some other rubbish site. So if your not behind this team, get out cause we don't ****ing need you.

tumblr_le4l6xALj91qf8a7xo1_500.jpg

pat

Starter
The fact that other guys aren't stepping up isn't his fault, we run plays for Novak they deny him the ball, Amar'e is out so we cant go to him, Tyson is limited, Baron is doing the best he can as is Bibby but they cant take over the game, Landry is doing nothin valuable, Melo is being triple teamed passing out of it but we're not converting, he's being hounded for 15 seconds gets the ball, has to make a decision so he goes up and tries to score cant get to the line because he gets no calls

Its bigger than Melo is iso'ing its the fact that nothing is going well for us as a team, we can pass the ball around the arc all we want the key to beating the Heat is working inside out, penetration(we lack a PG who can handle their athleticism), post play(they double Melo) and working the ball to the outside shooters(Novak is being denied)

That right there is the problem, but low basketball iq people wont see that, they'll just blame the best player but hey what do I know thats just my opinion :gony:

Why is all that? Either you triple team Melo or you deny the others the ball. Both at the same time is impossible. The reason why the Heat are able to create that impression is that we have poor floor spacing and that starts with Melo getting the ball in mid range, at the elbow. This way you don't force them to create an obvious weak side on which you get Novak open in the corner or a back door cut opportunity for Fields. Our game is designed for Melo (and JR Smith), therefore the bucket stops with them once things are not working. I can see that this very hurtful if your a fan of a particular player.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Why is all that? Either you triple team Melo or you deny the others the ball. Both at the same time is impossible. The reason why the Heat are able to create that impression is that we have poor floor spacing and that starts with Melo getting the ball in mid range, at the elbow. This way you don't force them to create an obvious weak side on which you get Novak open in the corner or a back door cut opportunity for Fields. Our game is designed for Melo (and JR Smith), therefore the bucket stops with them once things are not working. I can see that this very hurtful if your a fan of a particular player.

I think my point was proven, when you move without the ball when Melo is being double he usually makes the right choice, going 1 on 5 with you guys standing around makes it tough to score but when guys move around and make their man play them Melo operates better............thats all I was saying

jimkcchief88

All Star

Money post and last sentence tells it all. I keep saying i don't post here much because KO.COM will cause your basketball IQ to drop. That hot 41 MELO layed on them today should shut the haters up, but I know it won't. That was a glimpse into the KNICKS bright future people.

miked1958

Rotation player
Everyone on the board stands behind the team has for most of have been Knick fans for 20 years.....when they completly sucked we never stopped being fans....but to see a guy like Melo openly admit he quit should everyone be quiet.........When we see a guy like stat not play defense and take himself out of 2 consecutive playoff series should we be quiet, when woodson leaves Novak in and got him one shot should we say nothing........dude we love the Knicks but to sit quiet and fall into the abyss again is too harsh......

Let's see I am 54 and have been watching the Knicks since I was about 8. Prob even younger cause my dad said he had me in a highchair in front of TVwtching games. But from what I can actually remember we are talking 45 years or so of being a fan. My post count may not reflect it but have been watching these guys for a long long time.

miked1958

Rotation player
And yes I watched live when Willis came out of the tunnel in Game 7. And yes was screaming when the game started and he hit the two shots. Swish. SICK moment in NYK History and to see it Live was something I will never forget?..

So here you go..........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84v5cazK8lc

Last edited:

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
At least we showed some pride out there. Melo finally earned his max contract in ONE game out of the entire series.

pat

Starter
I think my point was proven, when you move without the ball when Melo is being double he usually makes the right choice, going 1 on 5 with you guys standing around makes it tough to score but when guys move around and make their man play them Melo operates better............thats all I was saying

Did you actually read my post?