Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Jerry Sloan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Don't count out Jeff Van Gundy. He hinted he would be interested but wouldn't say so, since Woodson was in the job. John Calipari was not included because he has said he was not interested.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If we win today and give a good fight the rest of the series Woodson stays

If not Phil comes if he has roster control, picks his players basically

If not JVG maybe

in order

1. Jackson
2. Woodson
3. JVG
4. Top Assistant From Chicago/San Antonio

Woodson will be the coach, unless Jackson decides he wants another huge payday to secure his children's children future.

Jeff Van Gundy: No chance, he wont ever work for Dolan again.

Jerry Sloan: I don't think he enjoys beeing in the limelight, otherwise he wouldn't have coached the Jazz for 2 generations when he had very good offers from big market teams. I also can't imagine he'd agree to work for a franchise as badly run as the Knicks.

Phil Jackson: Like I said, only if he fancies the $ 40 million or whatever we'd pay him. Other than that, forget about it. Jackson knows that our roster and cap situation will never allow us to challenge for achampionship in the next 3-4 years. Jackson doesn't need the annual first round sweep, unlike most Knick fans it seems - who still think everything is good with this owner....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think Phil Jackson is the only man who can reign in Stoudemire and Anthony's ?ber egos. If he can do that, get him here yesterday.

petescud

Starter
I remember watching Phil Jackson play for the Knicks. He was funny as ****, and the most spastic basketball player to date. Picture a goofy oaf. That was Phil. Now onto coaching. Phil wouldn't come back here unless he was handed 100Mil. I see Woodson getting this gig. Honestly, i don't think any of the others will do much better a job with our line up. We need a veteran player who will hold these guys accountable for losing

quiggle

Starter
some of you didn't learn your lession with Larry Brown. the only thing that will happen if they bring in Phil is higher ticket prices.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Inside the playoff huddles

Popovich (really on top of his game)
Brooks (great at motivation)
Speolstra (specific instructions)
Woodson (too small of sample size but what he said didnt amount to anything)
SVG (very emotional)
Thibs (intense on D)
Doug Colins (smelling the upset and specific on instructions)
Larry Brown (stressing his gameplan)
George Karl (good coach)

http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/05/04/201200503_insidetrax_mia_nyk_gm3.nba

(Once in NBA.tv, click below for other huddles)

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Woodson, IMO next season he can put as in a right position to make a long playoff run. He deserves a chance.

skisloper

Starter
Woodson, IMO next season he can put as in a right position to make a long playoff run. He deserves a chance.

U cannot ignore his track record....Solid seasons, very good Atlanta team that got swept by Orlando....Not sure he gets the NBA Championship we are looking for.

Gotta give woody the edge...he knows the team and hardly had a chance to play them full roster...due to injuries. The team likes him...the brass likes him...and the fans appreciats what he done with a broken team in a short time. Phil and Jeff already said they weren't interested in coaching (early in the year) ...so why fix what appears to be working. The Bandwagon just doesn't consist of fans...but coaches too.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Jerry Sloan previously expressed interest in coaching the Knicks and is reportedly "very bored" in retirement.

I think we got our man...Sloan can rent a fishing boat or go play golf if he's suddenly bored. Woody deserves a full season. He's impressed me so far. Just imagine if our team was at full strength. Still having injuries and we still scrapped to the end. Gotta give him a chance.

Paul1355

All Star
Don't count out Jeff Van Gundy. He hinted he would be interested but wouldn't say so, since Woodson was in the job. John Calipari was not included because he has said he was not interested.

Woodson deserves it

If not him it should be Phil Jackson but I have a bad feeling about another big time head coach coming to NY....it has failed to often...(Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown)

Metool

Rookie
Woodson obviously. When he took over we went from bad to borderline 'elite', what more can you ask from the man? And it's not like he did it without injuries or anything either... Without the man we woundn't even have been a playoff team this year.. :gony: