G4: Do or Die (emergency Thread?)

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm not trying to hate or take anything away from Amare's game and I know his hand is messed up but 20 points and 10 boards should be an average game for a player of his caliber. In the playoffs he should be doing even a little more. A stat line like 28 and 14 would be considered a great game for him in the playoffs.
With our frontcourt overloaded with talent it's impossible for Amare to go 28/14. Looking at the best PFs around who reached the playoffs, 1st round averages:

Bosh: 14.0/7.3
Griffin: 18.7/6.7
Garnett: 17.0/10.5
Boozer: 14.8/8.3
Ibaka: 11.0/6.8
Gasol: 13.8/8.5
---------------------
STAT: 15.7/7.3

pat

Starter
Without trying to be the party pooper in here, I have to say that although yesterday's game was exciting, it is still a good example of what is wrong with our team. We barely won against a Miami Heat team which was underachieving while our two superstars had uber-performances (taking into consideration stat's hand). We had glimpses of ball movement, but overall our offense was stagnant and overly iso heavy again. Fields started out well but rotted on the bench until he had gone completely cold. I am as happy as the next man about this playoff W, however it was too close a shave considering the amount of things that right.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Carmelo put on a MVP type performance, that was the best game I've seen in years. Felt so good to finally get that playoff win, it woulda been a big disappointment getting swept again.

Gotta give Stat his props too, he played hard. It makes me sick that Bosh has surpassed Stat, we all know who the better player should be. Hopefully Stat works hard this offseason and regains his status as a top PF in the league

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
i was thinking it was because when he was getting suffocated melo didnt come over to help... or maybe cause melo took a contested 3 and he was open? i dunno lol

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I've literally just watched the game. Amazing. I could give up heroin no problems because I held out on searching the result.

Finally got calls going our way. Melo HUGE. STAT very good! I was a bit taken aback by how he played. Now about their consistency.......:lol:

Bring on game 5!

Peter

Benchwarmer
LOL nah, some people (jimkcchief) need to come out and attack others (me)...even though I am well documented in this thread giving him props for how he played today.

Melo had a great game. It's one game, and if he does it consistently the rest of the playoffs and next year, I will happily eat crow.

That is the problem. He usually plays some teamball under pressure from fans and media. This happened before. After that , he still go back to his iso, need to remind to do the teamwork.

Benchwarmer
Wow, those final minutes of the game were as good as sex! :mrgreen: ;)

You go KNICKS!!
desismileys_2725.gif

tumblr_m37b1fe7Ll1qi5zelo1_1280.jpg

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
It was a good game. Best game by far this series. Every other game were blow outs. But Melo came up big and Amare actually played good too. Miami definitely should have and could have won despite their crappy play. I think Miami comes out firing and will end the series next game bc they don't want to extend the series..at all and they're Miami. But I hope the game will be as good as game 4 was.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
It was a good game. Best game by far this series. Every other game were blow outs. But Melo came up big and Amare actually played good too. Miami definitely should have and could have won despite their crappy play. I think Miami comes out firing and will end the series next game bc they don't want to extend the series..at all and they're Miami. But I hope the game will be as good as game 4 was.
I hope so too, I want the Heat to earn it, not have us come out like usual and give them the game.

Best of luck buddy :beer:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I hope so too, I want the Heat to earn it, not have us come out like usual and give them the game.

Best of luck buddy :beer:
Yeah neither do I. I thought the Knicks would do much better than what they were. I honestly don't want a walk in the park for miami bc everyone knows how lackadaisical and complacent they can get. If they have a team in their butts the entire time, they'll have no choice but to play hard.

Best of Luck to you guys as well!

KingCharles34

All Star
Some women do...i could give u some links to prove my point. Or u could just go to any of the following sites...

spankwire
tubegalore
redtube
tube8
xhamster
DrTuber
NuVid
TubeWolf
Vid2C
BravoTube

and so on...

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
It looks like Amare aggravated his back...... The Heat offensive rebounds and lack of defensive rotation is the telltale sign.

Stick a fork in the Knicks...... They're done.