Jeremy Lin officially OUT for the series!

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
damn. not even 5-10 min? ok forget the 5-10 min. how about just being in uniform? MIKE BIBBY FTW

he better start eating his Wheaties.

p0nder

Starter
Lin was ruled out for the 1st round right after his surgery. I don't know why people thought he might be back earlier. Stuff gets floated out there and goes in all kinds of tangents. 6 week time table + he said he had a set back in his first time on the court before game 1.

Not his "fault" other then electing to get the surgery asap and extend his playing career and quality of life.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Lin was ruled out for the 1st round right after his surgery. I don't know why people thought he might be back earlier. Stuff gets floated out there and goes in all kinds of tangents. 6 week time table + he said he had a set back in his first time on the court before game 1.

Not his "fault" other then electing to get the surgery asap and extend his playing career and quality of life.

The Great Yellow Hope

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

I had Microscopic meniscus surgery and I was good as new within 2-3 weeks. I know everyone's different but this is almost 5-6 weeks if I'm not mistaken. I just don't understand why they waited a week and a half to perform the surgery, if they would have done it right away he could have been back for game 3.

iSaYughh

Starter
I had Microscopic meniscus surgery and I was good as new within 2-3 weeks. I know everyone's different but this is almost 5-6 weeks if I'm not mistaken. I just don't understand why they waited a week and a half to perform the surgery, if they would have done it right away he could have been back for game 3.

Every tear is different.

Every recovery is different.

Jeremy Lin is an NBA starter, in the playoffs vs MIA.

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't really expect him to play but he should at least suit up in a uni and drop that Hugo Boss outfit at game 5.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
144094.jpg

LOL!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Last edited:

Benchwarmer
Treatments and drugs

By Mayo Clinic staffInitial treatment
Treatment for a torn meniscus often begins conservatively. Your doctor may recommend:
  • Rest. Avoid activities that aggravate your knee pain, especially any activity that might cause you to twist your knee. You might want to use crutches to take pressure off your knee and promote healing.
  • Ice. Ice can reduce knee pain and swelling. Use a cold pack, a bag of frozen vegetables or a towel filled with ice cubes for about 15 minutes at a time. Do this every four to six hours the first day or two, and then as often as needed.
  • Medication. Over-the-counter pain relievers also can help ease knee pain.
Therapy
Physical therapy can help you strengthen the muscles around your knee and in your legs to help stabilize and support the knee joint. Arch supports or other shoe inserts can help to distribute force more evenly around your knee or decrease stress on certain areas of your knee.
Surgery
If your knee remains painful, stiff or locked, your doctor may recommend surgery. It's sometimes possible to repair a torn meniscus. In other cases, the meniscus is trimmed. Surgery may be done through an arthroscope.
During arthroscopic surgery, your doctor inserts an instrument called an arthroscope through a tiny incision near your knee. The arthroscope contains a light and a small camera, which projects an enlarged image of the inside of your knee onto a monitor. Surgical instruments can be inserted through the arthroscope or through additional small incisions in your knee.
Recovery time following arthroscopic surgery tends to be much faster than it is for open-knee procedures. You can often go home the same day. Full recovery may take weeks or months, however, and you will need to do exercises to optimize knee strength and stability.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Did Lin Have a Setback?

This turn of events makes me wonder if Lin had incurred a setback during the rehab....... For a while, it seemed like he might play in Game 4, now it's certain that he wouldn't be able to play the entire series..........

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I agree with some posters. It was originally said that he will be out no earlier than 6 weeks. That's already after the first round. Besides, there's no way we're beating Miami so why rush and risk it?