You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

orangeblobman

Rotation player
That's what you gotta do.

Look, these guys, perennial bums.

Let's build a team for once. Build it around our Point. Put some team-minded players together.

Get rid of the street ballers.

That's the word.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Thanks Dan.

Bottom line: Street Ballers are a dime-a-dozen.

You got Lin. You have Fields.

Those are team ballers.

Let's put a team together for once, for G-d's sake.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
So wait... you want to Build around a guy coming off a knee injury, in which we have no clue if his explosiveness will return to form.

funny-dog-pictures-lol-pee.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/woodson_says_lin_absolutely_will_3K07yDER9eDvsSyUkmywjM

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/woodson_says_lin_absolutely_will_3K07yDER9eDvsSyUkmywjM

^^^ READ

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
It's better to build around Lin than Rucker Park ballers.

Dime-a-dozen.
Dude lol, it took us years to get to where we are today, Stat nor Melo is getting traded anytime soon. your talking about basically REBUILDING all over again, then finding the pieces to fit around LIN who is not even a proven franchise player yet. Let the kid develop and polish his talent. Melo, Amare & chandler are all coming off the books 2014/2015. By then this should be LINS TEAM and we can build off him... if he is still here. No point in starting over right now...

Last edited:

elcol

Rotation player
Please take the time to consider what you are about to be posting, and put some thought into it as well.

Sage

Rotation player
Man we should make a "**** Knicks fans say" drinking game, we'd be smashed every day.

"TRADE AMAR'E AND MELO!" *Drinks a shot*
"GUT THE TEAM!" *Drinks a shot*
"WE NEED TO REBUILD!" *Drinks a shot*

Would definitely make it more fun to see these threads.

oshi

Benchwarmer
Yo guys I'm pretty sure he's not serious and just trolling. Any building around Fields at this point is laughable. I liked the chemistry Lin and Fields had but until Fields can prove he can shoot better he isn't worth much

iSaYughh

Starter
Sadly, I think there's a lot of truth to this thread.

If we are talking about actually winning a championship.

Just being purely logical.....barring Steve Nash signing for a vet min, it would probably make sense to trade both Melo and Amare (assuming Melo helps us unload Amare).

MIA only getting better, same for OKC. Grizzlies and Clippers, too.

We would need

*Melo to, after like a decade in the league, to assume full potential and a Paul Pierce, post-KG transformation.

*Amare to randomly not look like he's on the decline, and also co-exist perfectly with Melo, which has never actually happened.

*Lin to rather quickly become an all-star'ish talent, who also would need to co-exist with Melo.

*Shumpert to recover perfectly, and evolve fairly quickly into an all-nba defender and adequate starter from a scoring perspective.

*and then we would need to get lucky and survive beating better team as the ones listed above.

I've been a fan of Dolan's other franchise for a while.....I won't root or support the Knicks any less, nor hope and believe "yes we can"....but I'm also at a point where occasionally, when a thread like this pops up, I feel the need to vent the cold, hard truth. If actually winning championships are our concern.

edit -- as a fan, what i said disgusts me and i'd feel gutted if it happened; but if i was a gm, i'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat and feel confident about it.

KingCharles34

All Star
Hilarious thread, 5 stars for the humor

And everybody know i agree about Amare

We have to ask ourselves do we honestly think we can build a championship team around STat and Melo? I personally dont think so

How about around Melo, Chandler, and possibly Lin? Maybe, with the right 2 guard, PF, and bench. But Lins injury has everybody suspicious, we'll have to see how he comes back

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
He either doesn't know anything about basketball, or is a troll. Or both.

I think it takes both to post something that smart.

I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I still can't believe he said to get rid of Amare AND Melo. I just can't wrap my head around it. Just wonder where some peoples IQ are these days.
iSaYughh has his valid point. Knicks is not a chip contender and their window is 3 years. With all the kinks in the team and salary cap to worry about, I dont see how we can become contender anytime soon.

The Heat is a contender already and their window is also 3 years. For the next 3 years, Idk how Knicks can compete against Heat's big 3.

I really envy OKC. They are a contender for chip this year and set for the next 4-5 years with long contracts for all their young key players.

If Knicks want to look beyond 3 years, I would gut the team and get as many high future drafts as possible for the next year or two and built the team around our young talents in Shump and Lin, and/or possible Tyson. This is just another possibility we are exploring.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

please stop with the dumb ass threads

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Lin aint that good so please stop with build around Lin ****, he's good for our team but if the Knicks ever built around him, we'd be even worse, all we need is 2 way role players, not one dimensional ****s, also our stars(STAT and Melo) need to get their **** together

please stop with the dumb ass threads

Agreed. I'm not sold on Lin being a franchise player.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You guys realize Melo and Amar'e aren't doing **** for us?

This is like when we were rationalizing the Francis-Marbury Seasons.

It's messed up, what we have, but we have to go through it again.

I wish Dolan would leave the team alone like he does the rangers.