You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
My curiosity is this, we all know Dolan will try to keep the roster in tact, especially retaining his fat cows in Lin and Melo.

What would Cuban do with this roster? Legit question and all opinions are welcome.

CA7

Scoring Champ
My curiosity is this, we all know Dolan will try to keep the roster in tact, especially retaining his fat cows in Lin and Melo.

What would Cuban do with this roster? Legit question and all opinions are welcome.

Get a vet point guard to run the team, like he did when he traded Devin Harris for Jason Kidd

STAT's best years came when, playing with Steve Nash

Melo's best years came when, playing with Chauncey Billups

Tyson won a ring and became a legit threat when, playing with Jason Kidd and Chris Paul

The answer lies right there, we need a legit proven vet a the 1 spot, Cuban understanding that goes and gets him a point guard by any means

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Didn't we already try to build a team... ?

Remember Gallinari, Felton, Wilson C, Mosgov...

We already tried building a team, and it seems impossible. Dolan & Co want everything Now and not tomorrow.
We're stuck with what we got, we have to live with it.

Building around Lin

Jeremy Lin was not that good. Hence, the reason why you should not build around him. The stretch of games he had were nice, but he is not the long term answer at the point Guard position.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Lin brought life back into the garden. Carmelo is the superstar we have been in need of, but without a true point guard this team will always be just a bunch of pieces that can not work together. JR Smith is our Bench player that is a versatile player giving a spark when Melo is NOT on the floor. But again we need that point guard to control JR from chucking every attempt he feels he needs to be the one shooting. JR seems to play better when Melo is struggling and vice versa.

Think Jeremy has some abilities where he could become a really good role player as Bench point guard running with JR & Landry giving us a great bench team. His skills and awareness are like that of Fields and could get better with more playing time.

Do we find a veteran point guard to run our starting offense, maybe we already have him in Mike Woodson's guy in Mike Bibby. Short term answer but he knows the system better then most and will be able to mentor Lin on and off the court. Could also draft a PG to find that one two punch for the future of this team.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Are you out of your freaking mind?

"Jeremy Lin could be a really good bench point guard"??

Who wrote that? A jerk, that's who.

Unbelievable.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I really like Lin just like how I like Shumpert. Props for being courageous but to create a thread like this, you just opened yourself up for ridicule. Lin already has haters and people wanting to destroy him for whatever reason. I hope his fans don't make it worse. I would like to see him play for more years to come. I would like to see Lin, Novak and Shumpert have a successful career.

skisloper

Starter
Jeremy Lin brought life back into the garden. Carmelo is the superstar we have been in need of, but without a true point guard this team will always be just a bunch of pieces that can not work together. JR Smith is our Bench player that is a versatile player giving a spark when Melo is NOT on the floor. But again we need that point guard to control JR from chucking every attempt he feels he needs to be the one shooting. JR seems to play better when Melo is struggling and vice versa.

Think Jeremy has some abilities where he could become a really good role player as Bench point guard running with JR & Landry giving us a great bench team. His skills and awareness are like that of Fields and could get better with more playing time.

Do we find a veteran point guard to run our starting offense, maybe we already have him in Mike Woodson's guy in Mike Bibby. Short term answer but he knows the system better then most and will be able to mentor Lin on and off the court. Could also draft a PG to find that one two punch for the future of this team.

Why do u think the coach can control JR ? Lets get players that a coach does not need to control......Stop living in the " wll this guy would be great if he shot less " or " this guy would be great without melo on the floor :...lets have players that make other players better.....
yOU GUYS ARE LIKE dOLAN'S KIDS.

pat

Starter
Regardless of Lin being the guy to build around or not, you have to answer the following question: Are we on the right ladder with Carmelo & Stat? Does that ladder stretch all the way to a championship. Obviously the posters on here differ concerning the answer. I believe it might be a ladder reaching far, but not far enough. Therefore it is better to climb down again and look for a new one. Others obviously beg to differ. Not sure whether Lin is the answer to our prayers though.

Last edited:

Benchwarmer
Are you out of your freaking mind?

"Jeremy Lin could be a really good bench point guard"??

Who wrote that? A jerk, that's who.

Unbelievable.
I started watching basketball and the Knicks because of Jeremy Lin.
Now I watch it because I am a fan.

I'm sorry to say this and you can just ignore, and I really, truly
don't mean to be offensive because it's usually not in my nature to do so,
BUT, some of your "offensive" posts are making Lin fans look bad!
:|

YuvalNYC

Rotation player

An admittedly Bandwagon Fan... nice ;)

CA7

Scoring Champ
We have a top 3 SF, top 7 PF and top 5 C and you wanna build around a top 20 PG, he is a top 20 also dont argue, there are 19 PG's I'd take right now

no particular order
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
George Hill
Tony Parker
John Wall
Jeff Teague
Ramon Sessions
Ty Lawson
Mike Conley
Ricky Rubio
Brandon Jennings
Jrue Holiday

All better than Lin

I think Lin is very good but we have to be real about this situation. Our best player thrives under Woodson, let him grow as a more complete player this summer, let Lin grow, let STAT and JR grow up and we'll be fine as a team

skisloper

Starter
We have a top 3 SF, top 7 PF and top 5 C and you wanna build around a top 20 PG, he is a top 20 also dont argue, there are 19 PG's I'd take right now

no particular order
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
George Hill
Tony Parker
John Wall
Jeff Teague
Ramon Sessions
Ty Lawson
Mike Conley
Ricky Rubio
Brandon Jennings
Jrue Holiday

All better than Lin

I think Lin is very good but we have to be real about this situation. Our best player thrives under Woodson, let him grow as a more complete player this summer, let Lin grow, let STAT and JR grow up and we'll be fine as a team

JR is not changing.......
Agree with your list except Teague, Billups , sessions and walker...no knock on Lin but thats a sweet list.......

please dont tell "IF" Jr does this and "if " coach gcan reign him in...
JR is who he is and thats not a team guy.
We need players that make other players better.

CA7

Scoring Champ
JR is not changing.......
Agree with your list except Teague, Billups , sessions and walker...no knock on Lin but thats a sweet list.......

please dont tell "IF" Jr does this and "if " coach gcan reign him in...
JR is who he is and thats not a team guy.
We need players that make other players better.

JR was fine when we had depth and I understand he had poor performances during the Heat series but we had no one else who could do anything vs their D

I dont get why we're judging him off of one series, JR is fine especially at 2.5mil 20mpg, instant offense off the bench

Also Teague, Billups, Sessions and Walker are all better than Lin in my eyes

Teague is growing more and more, Billups is still a good PG when healthy, Sessions has been under rated for eve and Walker is stuck in Charlotte

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I know CA7 didn't just call Melo a top 3 SF and Amar'e a top 7 PF.

I know I didn't just read that.

Maybe I fell asleep drunk in a whorehouse and this is a bad dream.

And you're soft like the teddy bear in your avatar.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I know CA7 didn't just call Melo a top 3 SF and Amar'e a top 7 PF.

I know I didn't just read that.

Maybe I fell asleep drunk in a whorehouse and this is a bad dream.

And you're soft like the teddy bear in your avatar.

James
Durant
Anthony

top 3 SF's period

Love
Aldridge
Griffin- over rated as ****
Nowitski
Gasol
Randolph
Stoudemire

top 7 PF's

stop hatin on them so hard you look and sound so stupid and you're not funny just keep on over rating and hyping up Jeremy Lin like you're here to do and stay off of my ****

skisloper

Starter
JR was fine when we had depth and I understand he had poor performances during the Heat series but we had no one else who could do anything vs their D

I dont get why we're judging him off of one series, JR is fine especially at 2.5mil 20mpg, instant offense off the bench

Also Teague, Billups, Sessions and Walker are all better than Lin in my eyes

Teague is growing more and more, Billups is still a good PG when healthy, Sessions has been under rated for eve and Walker is stuck in Charlotte

The way LIN looked when he was thriving I would not rush to judgement to put those guys ahead of him....

I am not judging JR on one series.....his foolish tweets during the season, his tweet right after the playoffs about NY, his stupid fouls when guys are shooting 3 pointers or the 24 second clock is running out......
I did not mind his shooting since Woodson gives him the greenlight....but for him to have 0 REBOUNDS, O ASSISTS, O STEALS AND O BLOCKS SHOWS you what kind of character as a player he has....The only good thing is if he stays for 2.5 million he will be playing for a contract,,,,,

I just hated the way Woodson crucified Fields yet Smith was allowed to do no wrong......

STAT was top 7 ...he is not anymore....
and Melo maybe