Smith leaning toward staying with Knicks (will opt-in)

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Heck, even Fields is a better fit. Look at what he did in game 4 before he got buried on the bench. If you have got Melo and Stat on your team you don't need too much firepower on your two spot. Also the "spreading the floor" argument does not apply as JR didn't convert on a regular basis all season long. At this point I take Fields rebounding as a compensation for Stats weakness in that department any day. Also wait for Lin's return next season. It'll work wonders for Fields.

Couldn't agree with you any more. We loaded up on firepower instead of roll players with "winning" "team first" mentality. Stat, Fields, Melo, Shump, Chandler. Everyone else can bounce for all I care. How many 3s Novak hit in the playoffs? We could keep Lin but I rather Nash. He's happy without scoring. Lin tends to go nut.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
stay or go doesn't matter...

But if he stays he can not play point anymore because he gets frivolous with taking too many shots, need a true pg to control the offense and maybe with an entire off season we can modify his game... He has attributes that could help this team and free up Melo for more productive shots...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Agreed. I like smith, he's alwas been one of my favorite players. I also bust ass with him in 2k. But he's not a winner, he doesn't have that team first brotherly feel to him when I watch. I want a guy with the passion like Reggie Evans believe or it not. (watching him play right now)

Word. This sums up how i feel regarding J to the R.

To me, he's not a winning player.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I wished we could have signed Kenyon Martin instead of J.R.
JR is the reason we won a couple games down the stretch he hit alot of timely baskets for us, we would of seen douglas or Fields taking some of those shots and Missing probably costing us some games. I wouldn't mind having Kenyon either though oh well. Season over

skisloper

Starter
Smith is 10,000 times better than Fields, despite his bad field goal percentage.

I doubt we can get a better second string SG than him for $2,5 so it would be a good thing to bring him back next season.

Why is he better,,,,,
Rebounding Fields is better
Defense Fields is better
Team Player Fields is better...
Dumb Mistakes JR is better

Yes JR is a better scorer ONLY when he is hot....

dude did you not watch JR just simply destroy us in games....wake up

skisloper

Starter
Yeah I agree, for 2.5 he is definitely worth keeping without question. His playoff performance was extremely disappointing to say the least, but there arent many 2 guards with his talent coming off the bench for 2.5.

Personally I hope he opts in.

Besides scoring when he is hot...what is his talent ?

skisloper

Starter
JR is the reason we won a couple games down the stretch he hit alot of timely baskets for us, we would of seen douglas or Fields taking some of those shots and Missing probably costing us some games. I wouldn't mind having Kenyon either though oh well. Season over

And JR Is the reason we lost the pacer game after being up 18....
JR sucked in the playoffs...
and last game against the HEAT he had 0000000 rebounds/assists/steals/ in 36 minutes,,,

when will you guys ever learn we need winners...we need role players...we do not need players that blow hot and cold....why is that so hard to digest...

" JR would be great if Woodson Reign 's him in " Thats BS.......JR IS WHO he is and he idoes not make our Knicks team better...
and Woodson asking him to learn the point in his exit interview makes me think that Woodson is a moron.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
And JR Is the reason we lost the pacer game after being up 18....
JR sucked in the playoffs...
and last game against the HEAT he had 0000000 rebounds/assists/steals/ in 36 minutes,,,

when will you guys ever learn we need winners...we need role players...we do not need players that blow hot and cold....why is that so hard to digest...

" JR would be great if Woodson Reign 's him in " Thats BS.......JR IS WHO he is and he idoes not make our Knicks team better...
and Woodson asking him to learn the point in his exit interview makes me think that Woodson is a moron.
Indeed he did suck in the playoffs, how ever we went with what we felt we needed and JR smith coming off the bench is exactly what we needed. There's a reason we didn't go hard after Kenyon Martin, we could of easily went all in for him. We needed more SCORING off the bench and thats what we got everyone knows JR either shoots you in the game or shoots you out. It's not a coincidence we "ALL OF A SUDDEN HAD A DEEP BENCH AFTER JR CAME HERE".

Your complaining about his playoff production, yet i guarantee you it would of been 10x worse for us without JR, unless your betting your money Fields, or Novak was going to exactly get some shots off against the heat, maybe martin could of showed you his offensive talents we never new about? if im not mistaken JR was a key down the stretch sparing us timely buckets leading us to our first playoff victory in how long?

If JR opts in thats a PLUS for us, regarding the little amount he'd be coming here for.

You actually NEED a guy like JR on your team, to take pressure off guys like "Melo" or "Amare"

You say we need "role players" well these roll players you speak of don't come cheap nor will they magically fall in your lap. Unfortunately we have 2 (SUPERSTARS) sucking up cap-space so you get what you can get your JJ Bareas, Nick collinsons ,Jason terrys, shawn marions, korvers and all these roll players you speak of dont come cheap you need cap space for this stuff which we dont have. a Roll player for the knicks is a dam johnny flynn, jared jeffries, Toney douglas, something you can actually afford like i said if you can get a guy like JR cheap if he opts in thats a PLUS

God i hope we score on Nash or the Union wins the linsanity rule for the bird rights because, if not dont expect MUCH of a roaster Shakeup Say hello to Fields, (NOVAK) if your lucky and whatever crap were scraping up for vet min, once the **** hits the fan and your forced to watch our players scrambling east and west because nobody can beat their man off the dribble maybe some of you would appreciate what JR brung to the table. Dont count on shump either dudes going to be out couple months.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Indeed he did suck in the playoffs, how ever we went with what we felt we needed and JR smith coming off the bench is exactly what we needed. There's a reason we didn't go hard after Kenyon Martin, we could of easily went all in for him. We needed more SCORING off the bench and thats what we got everyone knows JR either shoots you in the game or shoots you out. It's not a coincidence we "ALL OF A SUDDEN HAD A DEEP BENCH AFTER JR CAME HERE".

Your complaining about his playoff production, yet i guarantee you it would of been 10x worse for us without JR, unless your betting your money Fields, or Novak was going to exactly get some shots off against the heat, maybe martin could of showed you his offensive talents we never new about? if im not mistaken JR was a key down the stretch sparing us timely buckets leading us to our first playoff victory in how long?

If JR opts in thats a PLUS for us, regarding the little amount he'd be coming here for.

You actually NEED a guy like JR on your team, to take pressure off guys like "Melo" or "Amare"

God i hope we score on Nash or the Union wins the linsanity rule for the bird rights because, if not dont expect MUCH of a roaster Shakeup Say hello to Fields, (NOVAK) if your lucky and whatever crap were scraping up for vet min, once the **** hits the fan and your forced to watch our players scrambling east and west because nobody can beat their man off the dribble maybe some of you would appreciate what JR brung to the table. Dont count on shump either dudes going to be out couple months.

So I am clear.....
JR:s job was to play 36 minutes.
Launch up 16 hots and make 3.
zero rebounds
zero steals
zero blocks
zero assists
miss assignments on defense.

and you are telling me Landry Fields playing those 36 minutes would have been worse ?

JR shot 67 times in the first 64 times in the first 4 games and did not get to the foul line more then once...

The dude has low basketball IQ and is a selfish player......

You are creating a player out of JR that does not exist.....Look at crawford....I loved watching him play and loved him as knick but you need to learn we need winners, we need role players..

WE DO NOT NEED PLAYERS THAT TAKE PRESSURE OF OTHERS WE NEED PLAYERS THAT MAKE OTHER PLAYERS BETTER....

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
So I am clear.....
JR:s job was to play 36 minutes.
Launch up 16 hots and make 3.
zero rebounds
zero steals
zero blocks
zero assists
miss assignments on defense.

and you are telling me Landry Fields playing those 36 minutes would have been worse ?

JR shot 67 times in the first 64 times in the first 4 games and did not get to the foul line more then once...

The dude has low basketball IQ and is a selfish player......

You are creating a player out of JR that does not exist.....Look at crawford....I loved watching him play and loved him as knick but you need to learn we need winners, we need role players..

WE DO NOT NEED PLAYERS THAT TAKE PRESSURE OF OTHERS WE NEED PLAYERS THAT MAKE OTHER PLAYERS BETTER....
Ok....if a player is not doing well thats the coaches call to remove the player, Honestly NOBODY aside from Melo or Stat had a chance to make anything happen in this series vs the Heat... why because NOBODY else can create there own shot aside from JR. Fields had like one good game. whoopy dee doo, he's been terrible all season shooting an amazing 25% from 3 point land during the season "mind you 20% during postseason and 46% from the field "mainly off layups or cutting dunks"

Fields playing 36 mins yes that would of been worse, for one it would of made us 10x easier to guard due to Fields horrible shooting at least with JR he has a chance to get hot you roll the dice with him, when he's in the game you have to at least respect him from outside, on the other hand when fields is in the game you simply look the other way and extend your hands for the rebound so yes i do think 36 mins of fields is useless.... your talking about OUR STARTING SHOOTING GUARD( OUR STARTING SHOOTING GUARD) (SHOOTING GUARD) I REPEAT STARTING SHOOTING GUARD shooting 25% behind the arc during the season and 20% behind the arc in the post season

Tell me who on the knicks DID NOT SUCK in this series???????????? EVERYBODY struggled.... Melo did ok but you expect him to do ok, Amare sucked chandler struggled Novak useless Shump injured Douglas sucked Baron INJURED, JR SUCKED, the only one who actually did even somewhat of a good job was MIKE BIBBY

You can argue JR is a selfish player i agree he is a selfish player half the time, but this team was pretty unlucky regarding injuries so there's not exactly alot of players to turn to that could help us out. Lets face it Fields cant shoot, Novak couldn't get open, Melo saw double teams left and right, Stat was Stat i mean what other options you got to shoot the ball? or even get to the basket at that?

You need to understand WE simply DO NOT HAVE THE CAP SPACE TO AFFORD PLAYERS THAT WILL MAKE OTHER PLAYERS BETTER UNLESS THE UNION WINS THE LINSANITY RULE AS OF WHERE WE WONT BE BREAKING OUR NECKS TRYING TO RETAIN CERTAIN PLAYERS

do you not realize between AMARE, CHANDLER, AND MELO WE HAVE NO CAP ROOM WHAT AMAZING ROLE PLAYER are you expecting here exactly??? Jason kidd or something? dont count it he wants more $$$ than we can afford to give him

Let me put it this way

IF THE UNION WINS ( we find out the answer July 1st) We are in great shape during free agency maybe we can score these winning role players you desire with a little wiggle room to work with.

IF THE UNION FAILS ( we are F.*cked ) after signing LIN then most likely KEEPING FIELDS we have NO ROOM TO OPERATE HERE, NO ROOM WHAT SO EVER, You'd be lucky enough to even retain NOVAK, where living off vet min players and you know what "ROLE PLAYERS" you get with that (keith bogans, pryzibilla, anthony carter, tj ford, parker) type players not exactly your blow your mind we taking it all this year type role players right? Andre miller, steve nash, Humprhies whatever your thinking about are not coming here for VET MIN.

Sure this is a deeper FA, that dont mean certain players we aim for are eager to play for the knicks does it? not even Vet min players...there are actually a fair decent amount of vet min players out there "patty mills" , Delonte West, Parker, Redd, reggie evans etc etc. How many of these guys lighting it up off the bench who's the x-factor? every team needs a strong bench to excel in the playoffs. Youd have to be a fool to not want JR to OPT in idc if he gets hot or cold, he has way more talent then alot of these vet min FA's.

You cant have "superstars" with a vet min production bench and think your going to win something special unless your name is the MIAMI HEAT. Everyone we had off the bench was worth more than vet min and brung something special to the team minus jared he's a vet min player regardless

Baron- he could of signed else were and picked up more money at the time being, he only took less because cleveland still owes him money( Baron brought leader ship and passing ablities, he really made Novak shine off the bench the way he was able to create)

JR- nowhere near a vet min player could of took the minnesota offer and got like 5mill for the remainder of the seaon (JR was the x factor, when we needed a scoring punch off the bench he delivered (not all the time but he did deliver)

Shump- brilliant for us all season just the type of lockdown defense we need starting or off the bench, he was another reason our bench was so strong

Novak- can easily receive more than vet min this season (the sniper novak his 3 point shooting drained the other teams time after time, he's the guy ol selfish JR looked to get the ball to everytime down the court

Jeffries ( the x-factor to our defense)

Baron
JR
Shump
Novak
Jeffries

^^^

Nobody complained about that lineup coming offf the bench, "we mobb deep we got the best bench ever" now due to injuries all of a sudden JR is a Bad guy? lmao wow, this team has proved we can match up with anybody when healthy...... all you neeed is a vet PG off the bench to get everyone there shots and keep everyone in check. Keep the same core we have now and replace BARON WITH ANDRE MILLER and were MOBB DEEP 2.0, smh you guys so quick to turn on a player when things dont go your way.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
Ok....if a player is not doing well thats the coaches call to remove the player, Honestly NOBODY aside from Melo or Stat had a chance to make anything happen in this series vs the Heat... why because NOBODY else can create there own shot aside from JR.

And that is exactly the problem. If everybody is just trying to create their own shots, we will never get open shots. You need 5 guys on the floor trying to create shots for their team mates.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
And that is exactly the problem. If everybody is just trying to create their own shots, we will never get open shots. You need 5 guys on the floor trying to create shots for their team mates.
Well said!

When a major ball handler has the ball, he has many options:

1. Drives and dishes out for the open men (Novak).

2. Calls for big men for single, double, or even triple screens, and this will create
- uncontested shots behind screens.
- PnR (Stat)
- Lob (Tyson)
- Mismatches

3. Calls for iso and clear out his teammates to one side, and this will create:
- Drives and finishes/gets blocked at the basket.
- Highly uncontested shots if your defenders are Wade and LeBron.

Which one(s) our two major ball handlers ran the most?

We all know the answers!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Miami wouldn't leave Novak so #1 is useless

Miami has the best pick n roll D in the league so #2 is pointless

You got a point on #3 but hey they were trying to score can't be mad

Problem was I seen a lack of set plays if we run some half court sets we'd be fine but we were still playing D'Antoni ball for the most part

Hopefully next year we see more sets rather than ISO and PNR all the time, if we run sets then everyone is a threat to score, player and ball movement is key, run PNR for STAT when its necessary and ISO Melo when necessary other than that of we run a true offense with plays then that's makes us better as a unit

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Miami wouldn't leave Novak so #1 is useless

Miami has the best pick n roll D in the league so #2 is pointless

You got a point on #3 but hey they were trying to score can't be mad

Problem was I seen a lack of set plays if we run some half court sets we'd be fine but we were still playing D'Antoni ball for the most part

Hopefully next year we see more sets rather than ISO and PNR all the time, if we run sets then everyone is a threat to score, player and ball movement is key, run PNR for STAT when its necessary and ISO Melo when necessary other than that of we run a true offense with plays then that's makes us better as a unit
Believe me, Melo ran some PnR's with Stat and they got Stat really fired up. He just didnt run enough.

When Melo drove to the basket, he almost never dished out. If you dont dish out, how can you be sure you cant find open men? Many of his shots got BLOCKED under the baskets too! Go back and watch the games!

Melo and Stat couldve have been a deadly pair, one is a good passer and Stat is one of the best at PnR.

I dont care how good a team is at defending PnR, it's still one of the most difficult attacks you can defend against. Stockton and Malone ran affective PnR for years and if it werent for Jodan, they wouldve won a couple of chips in 97, 98!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Believe me, Melo ran some PnR's with Stat and they got Stat really fired up. He just didnt run enough.

When Melo drove to the basket, he almost never dished out. If you dont dish out, how can you be sure you cant find open men? Many of his shots got BLOCKED under the baskets too! Go back and watch the games!

Melo and Stat couldve have been a deadly pair, one is a good passer and Stat is one of the best at PnR.

I dont care how good a team is at defending PnR, it's still one of the most difficult attacks you can defend against. Stockton and Malone ran affective PnR for years and if it werent for Jodan, they wouldve won a couple of chips in 97, 98!

The only person open when drove was Fields so that ain't happenin Melo had 2 ducks in Miami during game 5 it bothers me that he doesn't finish like that all the time

Melo needs to attack more off the pick n roll, he usually goes east west but if he gets into the paint with STAT rolling and Novak, JR and Lin spotting up that's just dangerous

We do need more set plays though you know the 1st play we run after the tip for Melo why don't we do that more rather than ISO him how about Novak setting a back pick for STAT that's dangerous as both defenders would be hesitant to help, Lin and STAT PNR with Novak and Melo rolling up spotting for wing 3's, Melo post ups where STAT flashes middle and Novak fades to the corner, STAT and Tyson playin high low, run JR off of screens like Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton and a motion offense to help guys like Fields, Jeffries, Forts, Shumpert and TD with ball screens, down screens, cross screens, back door cuts and back screens

Tell me that wouldn't be beneficial to the entire team

skisloper

Starter
Ok....if a player is not doing well thats the coaches call to remove the player, Honestly NOBODY aside from Melo or Stat had a chance to make anything happen in this series vs the Heat... why because NOBODY else can create there own shot aside from JR. Fields had like one good game. whoopy dee doo, he's been terrible all season shooting an amazing 25% from 3 point land during the season "mind you 20% during postseason and 46% from the field "mainly off layups or cutting dunks"

Fields playing 36 mins yes that would of been worse, for one it would of made us 10x easier to guard due to Fields horrible shooting at least with JR he has a chance to get hot you roll the dice with him, when he's in the game you have to at least respect him from outside, on the other hand when fields is in the game you simply look the other way and extend your hands for the rebound so yes i do think 36 mins of fields is useless.... your talking about OUR STARTING SHOOTING GUARD( OUR STARTING SHOOTING GUARD) (SHOOTING GUARD) I REPEAT STARTING SHOOTING GUARD shooting 25% behind the arc during the season and 20% behind the arc in the post season

Tell me who on the knicks DID NOT SUCK in this series???????????? EVERYBODY struggled.... Melo did ok but you expect him to do ok, Amare sucked chandler struggled Novak useless Shump injured Douglas sucked Baron INJURED, JR SUCKED, the only one who actually did even somewhat of a good job was MIKE BIBBY

You can argue JR is a selfish player i agree he is a selfish player half the time, but this team was pretty unlucky regarding injuries so there's not exactly alot of players to turn to that could help us out. Lets face it Fields cant shoot, Novak couldn't get open, Melo saw double teams left and right, Stat was Stat i mean what other options you got to shoot the ball? or even get to the basket at that?

You need to understand WE simply DO NOT HAVE THE CAP SPACE TO AFFORD PLAYERS THAT WILL MAKE OTHER PLAYERS BETTER UNLESS THE UNION WINS THE LINSANITY RULE AS OF WHERE WE WONT BE BREAKING OUR NECKS TRYING TO RETAIN CERTAIN PLAYERS

do you not realize between AMARE, CHANDLER, AND MELO WE HAVE NO CAP ROOM WHAT AMAZING ROLE PLAYER are you expecting here exactly??? Jason kidd or something? dont count it he wants more $$$ than we can afford to give him

Let me put it this way

IF THE UNION WINS ( we find out the answer July 1st) We are in great shape during free agency maybe we can score these winning role players you desire with a little wiggle room to work with.

IF THE UNION FAILS ( we are F.*cked ) after signing LIN then most likely KEEPING FIELDS we have NO ROOM TO OPERATE HERE, NO ROOM WHAT SO EVER, You'd be lucky enough to even retain NOVAK, where living off vet min players and you know what "ROLE PLAYERS" you get with that (keith bogans, pryzibilla, anthony carter, tj ford, parker) type players not exactly your blow your mind we taking it all this year type role players right? Andre miller, steve nash, Humprhies whatever your thinking about are not coming here for VET MIN.

Sure this is a deeper FA, that dont mean certain players we aim for are eager to play for the knicks does it? not even Vet min players...there are actually a fair decent amount of vet min players out there "patty mills" , Delonte West, Parker, Redd, reggie evans etc etc. How many of these guys lighting it up off the bench who's the x-factor? every team needs a strong bench to excel in the playoffs. Youd have to be a fool to not want JR to OPT in idc if he gets hot or cold, he has way more talent then alot of these vet min FA's.

You cant have "superstars" with a vet min production bench and think your going to win something special unless your name is the MIAMI HEAT. Everyone we had off the bench was worth more than vet min and brung something special to the team minus jared he's a vet min player regardless

Baron- he could of signed else were and picked up more money at the time being, he only took less because cleveland still owes him money( Baron brought leader ship and passing ablities, he really made Novak shine off the bench the way he was able to create)

JR- nowhere near a vet min player could of took the minnesota offer and got like 5mill for the remainder of the seaon (JR was the x factor, when we needed a scoring punch off the bench he delivered (not all the time but he did deliver)

Shump- brilliant for us all season just the type of lockdown defense we need starting or off the bench, he was another reason our bench was so strong

Novak- can easily receive more than vet min this season (the sniper novak his 3 point shooting drained the other teams time after time, he's the guy ol selfish JR looked to get the ball to everytime down the court

Jeffries ( the x-factor to our defense)

Baron
JR
Shump
Novak
Jeffries

^^^

Nobody complained about that lineup coming offf the bench, "we mobb deep we got the best bench ever" now due to injuries all of a sudden JR is a Bad guy? lmao wow, this team has proved we can match up with anybody when healthy...... all you neeed is a vet PG off the bench to get everyone there shots and keep everyone in check. Keep the same core we have now and replace BARON WITH ANDRE MILLER and were MOBB DEEP 2.0, smh you guys so quick to turn on a player when things dont go your way.

YES Fields would have been much better.
Fields played 27 minutes 12 (5 for 7 ), 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 steals.

You said it best JR is in there because he can get hot.......BUT what about the other aspects of the game,,,,rebounds, defense, assists, steals ?????
was it ok for JR to have 0's in all of those.....

You agree JR is a selfish player 1/2 the time was your quote...OK so when should we or he pick his times to be selfish or unselfish....

I mean here we go again why do we need players you cannot rely on to be team players 100% of the time........

When will you learn that a player who is selfish 50% of the time is not a winning player......

You are making no sense.....SO JR comes in if he gets hot great but if not we are screwed....or if he gets HOT how much does he hurt us by not getting rebounds, steals, assists or making stupid fouls behind the 3 point arc...

I do understand your arguement thats hes cheap....if you remember so was Novak, Jorts and Lin....There are players out there who just need an opportunity YET u are choosing a player that is selfish 50% of the time....dude do you know we will never win that way!!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star

You said it best JR is in there because he can get hot.......BUT what about the other aspects of the game,,,,rebounds, defense, assists, steals ?????

You agree JR is a selfish player 1/2 the time was your quote...OK so when should we or he pick his times to be selfish or unselfish....

I mean here we go again why do we need players you cannot rely on to be team players 100% of the time........

When will you learn that a player who is selfish 50% of the time is not a winning player......

You are making no sense.....SO JR comes in if he gets hot great but if not we are screwed....or if he gets HOT how much does he hurt us by not getting rebounds, steals, assists or making stupid fouls behind the 3 point arc...

I do understand your arguement thats hes cheap....if you remember so was Novak, Jorts and Lin....There are players out there who just need an opportunity YET u are choosing a player that is selfish 50% of the time....dude do you know we will never win that way!!!!!

Why are you taking stats from ONE game to support an argument against a player returning for a whole season??? During the winning streak, JR was effective and usually had a good stat line with steals, assists and rebounds. Obviously he was relied on more once injuries took place. His role (scoring) was basically increased with Novak being a non factor and injuries.

WE were working without a passing pg, so naturally there would be more ISOs and shots for players who could create their own shot. That's not ideal but that's the hand we were dealt.

You're not listening to what AF is saying! JR, while streaky, is worth more than what we are giving him. He is also a threat off the bench and has the respect of defenses around the league. He's a good player that we should try to keep on our bench. Personally, I think we need to upgrade the starting SG (SHOOTING) position cause Fields isn't cutting it in that role.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Lmao@ hyping up fields off one game cut it out son, Fields has no business even being in a playoff rotation let alone a starter in the playoffs. Fields was a no show vs Boston and was a no Show vs the heat (pat him on the ass for his one decent game cool) Jr smith is a Proven player known for knocking big shots down when necessary, probably the most athletic dude we had on the team next to shumpert. Fields never been the same since the melo trade, just like you can pull up JR's Stats i can do the same for Fields not only for this series but for last season series im not impressed with fields at all get over the one game because you obviously have nothing else to yap about but that one game.

If you really want to Sniff up (STATS)

JR SMITH
Post-season averages
07-08 ppg = 18 | FG% =53| 3p% = 31 | FT% = 83| mins = 27 | Rebs= 1.8
08-09 ppg 14 | FG% = 43 | 3% = 35 | FT% =54 | mins = | Rebs = 3.3
09-10 ppg = 11.2 | FG% = 36| 3p& =35| FT% = 87|mins = 26| rebs = 3.3

Mind you next post season dude shot 42% behind the arc in the post season i can go on and on but it's very RETARDED comparing JR and Fields

ready to see FIELDS CRAP ???

LANDRY FIELDS
post- season Averages
11-11 ppg = 1.8 | FG% 20 | 3p% = 0 YES (0) | FT%=16| REB= 1.3|mins = 17
11-12 ppg = 7.2 | FG% =48| 3p%= 20| FT% = 71| reb = 3.0 | mins = 23

So yea i would take JR over Fields any day of the week in the playoffs and during regular season it aint hard to tell, stop judging a player who came to the team in the middle of the season. JR is a proven player in the playoffs, Fields Game and STATS showed he's a never a threat in the playoffs.

Dont give me the mumbo jumbo about how im basing off stats because your doing the exact same thing.

Yep JR is sometimes selfish, sometimes you have to be SELFISH and shoot the ball when your team is passing you the ball while the shot clocks running down because they cant do SQUAT with the ball, have you been watching the knicks, every game like i have? Iv'e seen beyond multiple times this knicks team force the ball into JR's hands with the shot clock running down because he was the only option to get a shot off. You know what they call people like jr? SCORING PUNCHES off the bench.

Lets see exactly see how far "team ball" gets you when you don't have a go to guy to bail you out of situations. Dont get me wrong team ball is a major part. But actually getting the ball in the THE BASKET is also a major PART OF BASKETBALL. Before JR came to the knicks what did we see from our bench alot of ball movement from east to west going absoloutely NOWHERE right? smh get your head out the gutter and actually think no matter how good your team ball is... YOU NEED a guy that you can go to for those clutch baskets when the shot clocks running out.

Im done after because, i see no point in this debate... i already laid out my facts. My point in all of this is that if you can have JR SMITH back on the KNICKS next year for under a shade of 2.5 then thats clearly a STEAL for what he brings to the table and if you dont consider that a Steal then i dont know what to say to you, maybe you just simply hate JR Smith