Trading Amare Stoudemire

Wargames

Starter
Steve Nash is about 2 seasons from finishing his career. Im pretty sure he wants to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP contender. NY isn't it. I can see him going to Miami or to some other contender. Not sure why he'd come to NY. He can underachieve elsewhere

Your opinion means nothing here go to a Heat forum and Pray with the rest of the cHeat fans that Lebron and Wade pull off a miracle and score 70 points between the two of them for the rest of the playoffs.

skisloper

Starter
^ oh ok. Lol

You know if the Heat do not win the NBA finals and they break up their big 3 that this guy will just jump on the next bandwagon....

I mean cmon are you not embarassed to be a bandwagon fan,,,,,,

Its like little kids who root for the team thats winning

Wargames

Starter
Iggy once again showed that he isn't leading scorer material. The knicks do this deal to shore up the five spot with vucevic who they admitted they had scouted before the draft and can likely be a good backup to Tyson for the future. Iggy starts at the 2 and once Shump comes back they can slide him to the 3, Melo to the 4 and let Shump play SG for a nice defensive look.

Also the money saved can get a decent PF for cheap.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=722nj5s

orangeblobman

Rotation player
What r u smoking? Nash would never come here to be a backup. Saying that is homerism at its highest.

I don't see Nash having trouble with coming off the bench and getting 20-25 games a night, sometimes you give him 30 or 40 when you want to rest Lin for a stretch of games.

Nash is super fit, like Giggs for Manchester United. Nash can play at a high level for the next 5 years if he comes in, gives you 25 minutes a night.

That's a crazy guard attack, sometimes you run them together because Nash is so good with the trey buckets.

But it won't happen. The team I just described is a D'Antoni team. We're with Woody and IsoMelo Ball.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
These are the five teams that might take a chance:

New Orleans Hornets
Brooklyn Nets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Sacramento Kings
Portland Trailblazers

These teams will have the cap space available to make a move, while we can find some role players in return...

I like the Kings, could possibly offer Landry or Lin in a sign & trade along with Stat and acquire a player like RFA PF/C Jason Thompson which would fit with Melo & Stat... But there are options available out there, just need to find the right situation...

CA7

Scoring Champ
We'd have to pair Stoudemire with Chandler or Lin to move him

Stoudemire/Lin for Eric Gordon, Carl Landry and Jarrett Jack

Jack
Gordon
Anthony
Landry
Chandler

Wargames

Starter
STAT was offered to Golden State they wanted no part of him

Post the link cause I never heard this before.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up and that trade wasn't about Amare being bad it was just good business. Amare was an expiring and the suns wanted steph curry (who at the time was healthy and just beginning his rookie contract).

Anyhow how many teams have said "we're making changes this off season" damn near all of them. Amare can be traded for something decent it's just the Knicks FO won't cause Dolan is not going to admit his plan for the knicks is flawed.

Also quick side note that people in here might find knowledgeable. As a pass time I like to play investopedia stock game because my job doesn't block the site (nor this forum thankfully). I bought the mock MSG stock the day Amare said he was going to join the Knicks 2 summers ago because I knew it was going to go up. Since then the price of the stock rose $17. That's why James Dolan doesn't give a f**k if the Knicks win or lose, either way he is making money. All he needs them to do is make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Sage

Rotation player
Post the link cause I never heard this before.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up and that trade wasn't about Amare being bad it was just good business. Amare was an expiring and the suns wanted steph curry (who at the time was healthy and just beginning his rookie contract).

It's been floating around twitter, as in today, not before he came to New York.

CoolClyde

i would hope the Knicks try to UNLOAD Stat for ANYONE, just to get his salary off the books,
and free up space to sign complementary players for Lin, Melo, Chandler, Shump. I don't think Knicks
will get any solid players for him, as he's no longer a solid player himself. with any luck, Grunworld
will be able to pawn STAT off for a few players, and trade Knicks back into a non-salary cap situation.
IMHO, that's the best Knicks can do with STAT at this point.

As i've said before, he's just. not. worth. 20+Million. year.
before Melo, maybe. now... not.

who said STAT for Gasol...? RU HIGH? these are the trade ideas that just come straight out of someone's assholio.
but then again, what can you expect from a trade thread? SMMFH

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
i would hope the Knicks try to UNLOAD Stat for ANYONE, just to get his salary off the books,
and free up space to sign complementary players for Lin, Melo, Chandler, Shump. I don't think Knicks
will get any solid players for him, as he's no longer a solid player himself. with any luck, Grunworld
will be able to pawn STAT off for a few players, and trade Knicks back into a non-salary cap situation.

The only problem is to possibly entice any team to take on Stat's contract they are going to want either Lin or Landry in a sign & trade along with Amar'e... It comes down to which one is more valuable to us... If we have to give up Lin along with Stat, then maybe we target Dragic to replace Lin...

Again I wrote previously the teams that will have the cap space to make this kind of move...

Then there is the MDA option: wait for :barf: D'Antoni to get a Head Coaching job and dangle Stat in front of him in a package deal trade and hope for the best...

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

As i've said before, he's just. not. worth. 20+Million. year.
before Melo, maybe. now... not.

who said STAT for Gasol...? RU HIGH? these are the trade ideas that just come straight out of someone's assholio.
but then again, what can you expect from a trade thread? SMMFH

He is still a very solid player, capable of playing at All-Star level. We just shat on him TWICE by making Melo the focal point of our offense and then taking away his room to move by adding Chandler.

Obviously we are better with those two in the lineup but it's laughable that people bash Amare for not having post skills or the ability to mesh well with Chandler and Melo when the Knicks FO knew very well that to maximise his effectiveness he needs to be the primary pnr beneficiary.

GTFO at people who say his contract is becoming the next Rashard Lewis, he is like that because of the moves we made. Put him back as the focal point of the offense with spacing and he would put up the same performances as last year.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
He is still a very solid player, capable of playing at All-Star level. We just shat on him TWICE by making Melo the focal point of our offense and then taking away his room to move by adding Chandler.

Obviously we are better with those two in the lineup but it's laughable that people bash Amare for not having post skills or the ability to mesh well with Chandler and Melo when the Knicks FO knew very well that to maximise his effectiveness he needs to be the primary pnr beneficiary.

GTFO at people who say his contract is becoming the next Rashard Lewis, he is like that because of the moves we made. Put him back as the focal point of the offense with spacing and he would put up the same performances as last year.

I agree. Amar'e didn't help himself by growing an inch and adding 20 lbs of muscle, but I think his poor play is because of Carmelo's presence on the hardwoods.

Amar'e has a ton of game left if he will play in the right situation.

But if he stays here, you can expect a lot of hate going his way because he will not look any prettier next season.

iSaYughh

Starter

Yo nimrod, if the queen had balls she'd be the king.

We couldn't unload Amare for a stale bag of Cheetos to even the most retarded GMs in this league.

His salary, fragility, defense (and general lack of awareness), and amount of bull**** that comes out of his mouth rank at the absolute gutter of the league.

Sage

Rotation player
What was the trade fot ya got to give more info that twitter I rarely ever do that

Sorry man but there weren't any details given. I would imagine it was some combination of David Lee (ironically enough) and Steph Curry, but I don't think negotiations got that far. Here's the way I think it went down.

Golden State Front office: *answers phone* Hello?
Knicks Front Office: Oh hey, we're interested in trading Amar'e Sto-
Golden State Front office: Hahahahahahahahahahaha *click*

Paul1355

All Star
Stat for Gasol Straight up

it is reasonable, Gasol can hit the mid range jumper and gives us more size.

Both players are soft on defense but at least Gasol is bigger and rebounds. I can also live with Pau Gasol as a backup center but Amare can not play center.

Lakers lineup of

Sessions
Kobe
World Peace
Amare
Bynum

pretty good and sessions/Kobe would feed Amare.

But again this is wishful thinking