Knicks Offseason Summer Spending (MUST READ)

Wargames

Starter
Its crazy because in the 2013/14 season, we are committed to $57.2 MIL in salaries to only 5 players , STAT, tyson melo shump and TD.

in 2014/15, season after that, we are committed to $61.5 MIL in salaries, just to Tyson melo STAT and Shump..

I really dont see how we can have both STAT and Melo, and build around that.

One must go.

This was probably the mavs reasoning when they they started talking about maybe offering the salary dump of Marion and Odom for Amare....

Kiyaman

Legend
I stopped reading after visualizing Fields in a Knicks jersey again sorry, he's a 1-2 mill player. I'll slit my wrist if we give him 5 mill this season

Lets see.....Landry Fields in lineups with Felton/W.Chandler/Gallo/and Stat,
Fields performance with those guys was worth more than $3M per.
Landry Fields in lineups with Lin-Sanity/Novak/Jefferies/and Tyson Chandler,

If u want the poison of the Knicks answer these three questions....
What player added to the Knicks roster decrease the performance of all Knicks players?
What was the reason owner Dolan was FORCED to make the Melo-Trade?
Who idea was it to add two MAX contracts to the Knicks roster?
If your answers are Melo, Dantoni, and Walsh, then u are right.
2 down and 1 to GO.

I read all that as evidence that it is completely insane to give both Amar'e and Carmelo 20 million dollars next year.
Pick one, trade the other.
Having both of them isn't worth it. We are rebuilding this team the wrong way. Look at how well the pacers and 76ers are doing. They are winning series, we are winning one playoff game in two years with these guys.

I was never happy about signing either of the two $20M players (Stat or Melo). Plus I never wanted Dantoni type of clueless coaching in N.Y..
After Marbury & Penny big contracts, I wanted a roster of a $15M, $12M, $10M, $8M, $7M, $4M, players leading all our first round draft pick players.
I dont believe in trading future first round draft picks, unless its for a present or future first round pick.

It is essential which of our two star players are a KEEPER, one is a playoff series winner, and the other is a regular season winner. The choice is not mind to make?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Lets see.....Landry Fields in lineups with Felton/W.Chandler/Gallo/and Stat,
Landry Fields in lineups with Lin-Sanity/Novak/Jefferies/and Tyson Chandler,

If u want the poison of the Knicks answer these three questions....
What player added to the Knicks roster decrease the performance of all Knicks players?
What was the reason owner Dolan was FORCED to make the Melo-Trade?
Who idea was it to add two MAX contracts to the Knicks roster?
If your answers are Melo, Dantoni, and Walsh, then u are right.
2 down and 1 to GO.

I was never happy about signing either of the two $20M players (Stat or Melo). Plus I never wanted Dantoni type of clueless coaching in N.Y..
After Marbury & Penny big contracts, I wanted a roster of a $15M, $12M, $10M, $8M, $7M, $4M, players leading all our first round draft pick players.
I dont believe in trading future first round draft picks, unless its for a present or future first round pick.

It is essential which of our two star players are a KEEPER, one is a playoff series winner, and the other is a regular season winner. The choice is not mind to make?

yeah.......Fields is worth more than 3 mill if he was playing on the bobcats or wizards, IM SHOCKED if you think this guy is an overall 5-7 million worthy guy, he's not a player you can depend on night after night. How about bringing in some consistent players as a start this off-season??.......What does Landry Fields Past have to do with his future on the current knicks? Do you not see Fields postseason performances? he puts up Hasheem Thabeets numbers in the playoffs, and you mean to tell me Landry FIELDS is worth more than 3 mill? I'm sorry but im not paying a guy who's shooting 25 percent from the 3 point line, 56 percent from the FT line and 8.8 ppg while he's been a starting SG for 2 years now. I dont even think shannon Brown makes more than 3 mill and he's far more productive than Landry fields. Don't get me wrong i think Fields is a solid role player who can bring you some nice energy if he came off the bench, but for more than 3 mill... that is a bit naive. Fields is a lousy Fit in New York, because this team plays the ball through the stars (not fields strength) i think he would be just fine on a team like the magic etc etc (still not worth more than 3 mill 4 mill the most) but i do think he would be a better fit where there is more ball movement like it or not as long as woodson is the coach and Carmelo and stat are the stars they will always be the #1 and 2 options on the team and it will be the other players job to step up and hit open shots... a area fields clearly does not thrive at

He's worth more than 3 mill because he thrived at the times when Carmelo was not on the Knicks is this what your saying? Carmelo is the reason Landry Fields cant make open shots? Cant Make FT's? Dont you guys ever get tired of blaming Melo for EVERYTHING. Melo does not decrease Chandlers performance nor does he decrease Shumps performance they are still playing their game...he actually has pretty nice chemistry with Chandler and is one of the reasons Chandler was a double digit guy this year.... In reality these teams of Lin,fields,novak,jeff,Chandler or felton, Fields, Gallo, Stat, Mozgov are not winning you 1 playoff game nor are they bringing your franchise a championship.... so if you want to pay fields beyond 3 mill to be an average team then....kool enjoy it, and enjoy mediocre playoff performances by him.

I was not the biggest fan of signing STAT nor was i the biggest fan of the Trade i feel we had a nice deep roaster before the Melo trade, i had nothing personally against Melo i just felt we were a deep team and just lacked a starting CENTER & DEFENSIVE MINDED PLAYERS. but it is what it is... move on from the past it's gone... pay attention to whats coming... but again what does that have to do with Fields coming back for more than 3 mill? Fields is a ball movement oriented type player, who IMO is your second to third option off the bench... We have a nice little deep FA full of guys we can get cheaper than fields, who can bring MORE than what he (landry fields) is doing for us right now... but you want to give Fields beyond 3 million. Fields is a restricted Free agent this year right? we can match a 5 mill offer any team offers... If your the knicks and somebody matches that offer you let the man Walk. Their are MULTIPLE players in this league that do what fields does he's not a major Priority we MUST HAVE this off-season. If nobody goes hard at Fields you resign him for a reasonable price aka 2.5 - 3mill plain and simple.

Last edited:

Number3

Benchwarmer
screw all this nonsense.. i rather have my new york knicks built not bought... i think we bought enough ..now lets build... the fast n easy way is never worth it... cant you guys give a roster a whole season or a couple ..damn! pathetic!!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
screw all this nonsense.. i rather have my new york knicks built not bought... i think we bought enough ..now lets build... the fast n easy way is never worth it... cant you guys give a roster a whole season or a couple ..damn! pathetic!!
Our Frontline of Melo, Stat & Chandler sucks up all our cap room, unfortunately we are going to be living off vet min contracts for the next 3 seasons unless Melo or Stat is traded.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think after this experiment with all the young talent coming guys like Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle coming into the league in 2014-2015 these are guys I want the Knicks to start targeting and getting.

I love what we have now but I want to start building like San Antonio after the Melo era is over, hoepfully ending with a ring.

It starts with Dolan selling the team and getting kidnapped by ninjas