Giorgos Printezis (???)

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Knicks Unlikely to Sign Georgios Printezis
By HOOPSWORLD
Basketball News & NBA Rumors
EmailPrint0 Comments
The dilemma is they can?t even bring him in for July?s summer league in Las Vegas to work with him and get a good look. (Georgios) Printezis, a gritty forward who can rebound, penetrate and shoot, is on the Greek National Team vying for the London Olympics. Greece will play in the final Olympic qualifier in early July in Venezeula as heavy favorites to make it to the London Games.

?He?s playing the best ball of his life,?? said an NBA executive who saw him play during the Euro-league. ?The NBA has always been on his mind, but he would need a long-term commitment. He wouldn?t just come for one year.??

With potentially eight free agents, the Knicks have depth concerns and plenty of roster spots open next season. They are scouring Europe for a diamond-in-the-rough such as center Timofey Mozgov.

But Printezis is a longshot for their roster because the Knicks are concerned about crossing the $74 million luxury-tax threshold that penalizes club with a heavier tax and lower mid-level exception.

I don't watch a lot of euroleague basketball, but at 6'9" with 12.7 ppg on 61% FG percentage, do you guys think he is worth a shot for the roster? We can waive TD who has been virtually useless for this guy who can be the backup for Melo...

Not sure about his overall game though. Can some of our european peeps shed some light on this guy's game? :beer:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, there have been planety of above average euro PF/Cs recently (Gasols, Gortat, Ibaka, Diaw, Mahinmi, Pachulia, Nowitzki, Bargnani, Peković etc.), so we should at least check what Printezis does. There is some YT stuff on him:

gega

Rookie
He seems ok, he reminds me of josh harellson but with a better dribble, since most of his points come from the inside, I think he might be better suited to play PF since we need an athletic wing player to back up melo :afro:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I don't see Why not we Lack depth at the PF spot, from other articles i read he made the game winner over Kirelinko to win the Euroleague Championship.

He brings the intangibles of grabbing loose balls, steals, good defense position, rebounds. (imagine Reggie evans with a post up game thats what i believe prentizies is.)

The problem is he's earned a significant contract from one of the deepest pocketed-teams in the Euroleague. If he came to the NBA he would want a long term commitment not just the "1 year vet min" that the knicks would be giving him they already stated they wouldn't be thrilled to dig into some of the MLE for him.

He also won the dunk contest in 2007 overseas.

Question you might ask is can he survive in the nba? a NBA scout said he could do well in the NBA as a BACKUP 4.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well leave it to a Knick to turn every thread into a trade discussion LOL!!!!

I see him as a chip that could be packaged with a player like Feilds or Douglas and Jordan for a late first round pick that is used on a player like Fab Melo (who gets assigned to The D League next year) or Doron Lamb who is a lights out shooter who has drawn comparison to Cuttino Mobley but will likely be no more than a Shawne Williams.

Of course Feilds could not be traded til July 1st.

Not an expert just a thought.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
we need a bigger guy than that. look at West, he's rag dolling lebum.

we need that anti bully slash bully protector slash bully like oak, LJ and mason.

i wish jeffries took some roids... he has the right mentality and hustle, but the wrong body.

if jeffries ever gets big like malone. he'll be soon killing wild rams with his bare hands like karl malone!
KarlMalone_0.jpg

We need a Reggie Evans/Kris Humpries type of guy more than everything for our front court. A rebounder who does the dirty work, gets us second chance opportunities and into the opponent's head with his hustle.

Pretending we won't trade any of our big cintract guys I'd be ok with the following core of players for next season:

Starters:
Nash
Shump
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

Lin (6th man)
J. R. Smith (7th man)
Reggie Evans/Kris Humphries (8th man)
Fields (9th man)
Jared Jeffries (10th man)

Novak (11th man)
Harrelson (12th man)

Bibby (13th man)
Jerome Jordan (14th man)
Our second round pick (15th man)

orangeblobman

Rotation player
We need a Reggie Evans/Kris Humpries type of guy more than everything for our front court. A rebounder who does the dirty work, gets us second chance opportunities and into the opponent's head with his hustle.

Pretending we won't trade any of our big cintract guys I'd be ok with the following core of players for next season:

Starters:
Nash
Shump
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

Lin (6th man)
J. R. Smith (7th man)
Reggie Evans/Kris Humphries (8th man)
Fields (9th man)

Novak (11th man)
Harrelson (12th man)

Bibby (13th man)
Jerome Jordan (14th man)

I do it better:

Starters:
Lin
Shump
Melo
Humphries/Evans
Chandler

Nash (6th man)
Amar'e (7th man)
J.R. SWAGBALLS (8th man)
Fields (9th man)

Novak (11th man)
Harrelson (12th man)

Bibby (13th man)
Jerome Jordan (14th man)

That way you bring Amar'e and Nash in together as the second unit.

Lin should be starting, guy is an All-Star point guard next year, and he's our guy for the next 10 years.

finestrg

Rotation player
I do it better:

Starters:
Lin
Shump
Melo
Humphries/Evans
Chandler

Nash (6th man)
Amar'e (7th man)
J.R. SWAGBALLS (8th man)
Fields (9th man)

Novak (11th man)
Harrelson (12th man)

Bibby (13th man)
Jerome Jordan (14th man)

That way you bring Amar'e and Nash in together as the second unit.

Lin should be starting, guy is an All-Star point guard next year, and he's our guy for the next 10 years.

Even if we luck out on this Bird rights ruling with Lin and Novak where we'd be able to sign them to X amount and not have use salary exceptions -- would the MLE & LLE be enough to sign Steve Nash AND Kris Humphries AND JR Smith AND Landry Fields AND Jeffries, etc.??? I don't think so, man. In this scenario, Nash would eat up all of the MLE by himself easily (and that's speculating conservatively -- he may want more than that. He still has some gas left in his tank). Where would the money be for the other guys, esp. Humphries, who's been productive the past couple of years? I don't see it..

Again, what we can do is simulate some of what these guys bring to the table with younger and much cheaper alternatives:

5 - Chandler
4 - STAT
3 - Melo
2 - Shumpert (when he's ready)
1 - Lin
-------------------
5 - Marcus Cousin
4 - Harrellson
3 - DaJuan Summers or Jamelle Horne
2 - JR Smith (I know he had a bad playoff run but I want him back -- just for his awesome ability to create his own offensive alone. Plus he's an underrated defender. Either he takes the $2.5M player option or he doesn't -- if it's gonna take more, this is where we could use part of the MLE if this Bird rights ruling goes in our favor. More money could then be there for JR. Having Melo, Amar'e & Chandler all defer a little is another possibility to free up a little more cash). Sylven Landesberg would be a good cheap alternative with very good upside if we don't bring back JR and/or Landry Fields. So would Horne.
1 - Matt Janning
-------------------
5 - Jerome Jordan
4 - Jeff Adrien
3 - Ryan Wittman
2 - Kim English (2nd round draft pick)
1 - Toney Douglas (I'd sign Ben Hansbrough or Curtis Jerrells if I could trade Douglas, Jerome Jordan or both to move up in the draft to secure English)

This would be my blueprint going into the off-season. We could very easily put this roster together provided we start the process and start reaching out to these guys and their agents right now. Loaded with depth and interchangeability -- 3 deep at every position..Very realistic with regard to the cap too.

I would love to bring in this guy Printezis btw. He looks long, mobile, athletic and skilled but from what I'm reading it'll take something fairly lucrative to get him to come here (a guy like DaJuan Summers, for example, looks just as skilled if not moreso and he wouldn't cost nearly as much). I like the looks of this dude though (anyone else see a little Toni Kukoc/Danilo Gallinari -- ability to put it on the floor at that height, the long strides, shooting ability, etc.?) -- maybe eventually we can bring him over. Too bad that instead of Ahmad Nivins, we couldn't have acquired the rights to Nick Calathes instead in the Chandler deal. Remember him from Florida? Big (6'5") PG with skills. I believe Cuban still has the rights to this guy too. Ahh no matter, I think I might like Janning, Hansbrough and Jerrells better anyway. All of these inexpensive potential additions are just a phone call away.

Last edited: