My answer to Linsanity in 3 words; sign and trade!

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I liked Lin this season, I thought he showed a lot of potential, but there is also this huge potential to over spend on him this summer and that is the last thing we need!

This reminds me a lot of David Lee, at the minimum salary he looked amazing but a player losses value the second he signs his big contract!

Lin was this season at league min, but full MLE is the very least he'll make and I don't see it man! Teams will pay for "Linsanity" and I think we should pass because we need wins more than hype right now.

Look Linsanity will stimulate teams such as Golden State and Sac who are up agains 2 highly popular teams in Califonia right now! Linsanity helps that almost dead basketball market in Toronto! If Deron Williams bounces this off season it will give a moral victory to The Nets....but we need a player that is going to take us to The next level, popular or not!

Now teams are going to try to backload his contract and throw in trade clauses to get us not to match, which ultimatley is as big a risk for them, so if we let it be known that we will hear trade propositions (which keeps teams from assuming that risk and us having to overpay or lose him for nothing) then it may be worth looking in to.

Teams listed to be intersted

Nets-can't see us making a deal with them because of how competive we are with one another, but they do have draft picks and King is not shy about trading away!

A 2014 unprotected first round pick and Anthony Morrow

Gives us some help with shooting, first round pick is good because we lose a pick every other year until 2016! But of course means we have to go hard w/ MLE to get a PG

Golden State-Lin knows the coaching staff and they known him and want him back! They have Steph Curry, but my hunch is Mark Jackson wants a more cerebral PG (like himself). Lin,Thompsan,Jefferson,Lee, Bogut makes a very solid team!

Straight up deal for Steph Curry

Lights out shooter for Knicks at the PG position that would open the floor for us and can make passes, knock is he does not have Lin's strength and height and will not hit the boards and play w grit like Lin, yet Lin's shot is not even on the same planet!

Toronto- The need excitement, period! Lin is a lateral move, but will put fans in the seat, they are also strapped for cash, not having to back load a contract and to still get Lin would be huge for them!

Lin/Douglas for Calderon!

It wasn't even worth reading tbh. I just glanced at this and laughed.

CA7

Scoring Champ
exactly the three I was thinking of

Stoudemire- runs through everything

JR- shoots when he shouldn't, passes when he shouldn't

Toney- dribbles too much or too little, has no court vision, no understanding off any NBA offense all he knows is shoot

skisloper

Starter
Curry has better

handle
shot
court vision/passing skills
defense(though their both average, Steph's hands are better)

Lin has better

marketability
fan base

Steph took a mid major deep into the NCAA tournament

Curry is better than Lin

but hey I like Lin just think most of you over rate the phuck out of him

U make no sense

CA7

Scoring Champ
U make no sense

Stephen Curry is better than Jeremy Lin and thats a fact if you dont think so you're an idiot, regardless of that I think Lin is improving but still has a way to go, Stephen Curry would work better with Melo and STAT as he has the pick n roll skills to make Amar'e effective and the off the ball skills to play well off of Melo as well as the ability to score on his own

stop the with the Lin over rating please its getting annoying from all parties

CA7

Scoring Champ
Curry- 17pts, 6ast, 4rebs, almost 2 steals, 47-44-90

Career Best per game stats
18.6 pts(2nd year)
5.9 ast(rookie year)
4.5 rebs(rookie year
1.9 steals(rookie year)
49% FG(this year)
45.% from 3(this year)
93.4% FT(2nd year)
2.5 TO's(this year)

I'll just take Lin's stats from his tenure in New York

14.6 pts, 6.2 ast, 3.1 rebs, 44-32-79 and 3.6 to's

Lets be real on this board and stop the bull ****

CA7

Scoring Champ
ummm. ok stop with the Lin for Curry BS, it ain't gonna happen,
this lame idea belongs in the stupid trade thread, along with every
other pipe dream trade.

didn't say it would happen, I said I'd do it if presented why would I not

this thread is garbage I agree but regardless that one scenario is worth looking into with GSW looking to re-acquire Lin's services and the Knicks needing a a point guard with skills like Curry's

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
How many Sport's Illustrated covers has Stephen Curry been on?
How many Stephen Curry jerseys were sold this year?
How many people that never watched basketball in their entire lives, are now watching basketball games because of Curry?
How many fans on the away team cheer for Curry like he's their hometown hero when he comes to play?
How many games are sold out away and home because of Stephen Curry?

You still don't get it.
You can't talk about trading Lin player for player. Lin brings too many off court intangibles that no player can match straight up (except for Kobe or Lebron).

didn't say it would happen, I said I'd do it if presented why would I not

this thread is garbage I agree but regardless that one scenario is worth looking into with GSW looking to re-acquire Lin's services and the Knicks needing a a point guard with skills like Curry's

Last edited:

elcol

Rotation player
Stephen Curry is better than Jeremy Lin and thats a fact if you dont think so you're an idiot, regardless of that I think Lin is improving but still has a way to go, Stephen Curry would work better with Melo and STAT as he has the pick n roll skills to make Amar'e effective and the off the ball skills to play well off of Melo as well as the ability to score on his own

stop the with the Lin over rating please its getting annoying from all parties

nobody is overrating him, what people ARE doing is trying to tell you and all the other people that keep making dumb trade threads that its not gonna happen.

As a matter of fact, it is you who is UNDERRATING him......... just let the kid grow he is not great now but he has the potential to be and so does this knicks team even if they are not great now they can be if we don't ****ing trade everyone after a year......

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

18.6 pts(2nd year)
5.9 ast(rookie year)
4.5 rebs(rookie year
1.9 steals(rookie year)
49% FG(this year)
45.% from 3(this year)
93.4% FT(2nd year)
2.5 TO's(this year)

Well, I have something to say about the numbers.
I believe Lin could average more points if he wanted to. He's just too team-centered, or say win-centered. That's why his value is times and again under rated.

After all, winning a title is our ultimate goal, right?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

18.6 pts(2nd year)
5.9 ast(rookie year)
4.5 rebs(rookie year
1.9 steals(rookie year)
49% FG(this year)
45.% from 3(this year)
93.4% FT(2nd year)
2.5 TO's(this year)

Sounds good!

Can't wait to have another high risk injury salary on the books!

It's unfair to nitpick and select all of Curry's best stats against Lin's, sample size is small. With 2 years as a starter on the Knicks Lin should be putting up better stats than he is now. PPG, RPG may stay similar but his turnovers will be down and his FG% should improve and hopefully his assists creep up.

Plus it's becoming pretty clear Curry is going to have a long term ankle injury.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm not under rating him he's pretty over rated though to be honest and Stephen Curry is better than him so if we can't be real then I guess the argument I'm trying to make isn't getting through to you

and who cares about off the court **** if anything I want less of a spot light keeps expectations down and allows our team to handle adversity better

but to get my point clear I like Lin I just wish for once we as s fan base let a player grow rather than put them on an unreachable pedestal

I mean future all star pg and mvp candidate no way unless the entire Asian race votes him in and fans could vote for mvp and it meant something

Lin will be more than good for us if he keeps s little faster and fixes that dreaded left hand along with learning how to deal with ball pressure these are things I see either holding him back or making him a great pg

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I'm not under rating him he's pretty over rated though to be honest and Stephen Curry is better than him so if we can't be real then I guess the argument I'm trying to make isn't getting through to you

and who cares about off the court **** if anything I want less of a spot light keeps expectations down and allows our team to handle adversity better

but to get my point clear I like Lin I just wish for once we as s fan base 1. let a player grow rather than put them on an unreachable pedestal

I 2. mean future all star pg and mvp candidate no way unless the entire Asian race votes him in and fans could vote for mvp and it meant something

Lin will be more than good for us if he keeps s little faster and fixes that dreaded left hand along with learning how to deal with ball pressure these are things I see either holding him back or making him a great pg

1. The best way to do that is to KEEP the current lineup and not trade away and start again.

2. Curry will be added to the Greg Oden/Brandon Roy injury list. He is already injury prone and is showing chronic ankle injury warning signs.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I know that that's why I want to keep this team in tact but my argument is a healthy Curry is better than a healthy Lin I mean back in 2009 we were all hoping to get him right anyway I wanna keep Lin don't get me wrong just think Curry fits better

skisloper

Starter
I know that that's why I want to keep this team in tact but my argument is a healthy Curry is better than a healthy Lin I mean back in 2009 we were all hoping to get him right anyway I wanna keep Lin don't get me wrong just think Curry fits better

A healthy Curry ........I think Eddie was healthier this season.....
dude the guy has chronic ankle issues.......
as for LIN in the games he played for the Knicks he look like he can more then handle our PG position......Since we know we are not getting a Deron Williams or Chris Paul...lets run with him and look to upgrade at the SG position and then use SHUMP to back up both

pat

Starter
A healthy Curry ........I think Eddie was healthier this season.....
dude the guy has chronic ankle issues.......
as for LIN in the games he played for the Knicks he look like he can more then handle our PG position......Since we know we are not getting a Deron Williams or Chris Paul...lets run with him and look to upgrade at the SG position and then use SHUMP to back up both

While I basically agree with your point, New New York is right in that the Knicks tend to overpay their players. I am not fully sold on the Linsanity Cinderella story.

If Lin's performances turn out to be Flip Murray-type fifteen minutes of fame, his marketing value -- let alone his value as a point guard might turn out to be very limited.
While I think that sign and trade is a coward decision, only signing at a contract which would make moving Lin an option would be reasonable.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
it would be oxymoronic to trade the most marketable young player in the league.

plus you don't trade a potential star player who hasn't played a full season.

dumb-idiotic idea all the way..
how the hell can you start a thread like this?

and trade for Curry whose value went down all the way due to injury proneness?
Even the dumbest GM can't come up with this idea,.

Knicks fans were supposedly some of the smartest basketball fans, but online discussion forums prove otherwise

skisloper

Starter
While I basically agree with your point, New New York is right in that the Knicks tend to overpay their players. I am not fully sold on the Linsanity Cinderella story.

If Lin's performances turn out to be Flip Murray-type fifteen minutes of fame, his marketing value -- let alone his value as a point guard might turn out to be very limited.
While I think that sign and trade is a coward decision, only signing at a contract which would make moving Lin an option would be reasonable.

If we do not overpay LIN I am sure will just end overpaying someone else...
dolan is a moron