KNICKS #1 on Lamar Odom's List

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Knicks really have a knack for attracting problematic/controversial players. I wonder why. Might as well invite Howard in. That would complete it. :boohoo:

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Odom is the missing piece of the Knicks' championship puzzle. If the Knicks get him there is no way that Miami is stopping them in a seven game series. Having Odom and Amar'e come off the bench would wear down other teams' frontcourt. If Grunwald doesn't do this deal then the Knicks have to find a way to lock up Jeffries for the next 5 years.

Not sure. Have you seen how Amare played this season?

fender0577

Rotation player
How could anyone be against this move??? Odom is VERY skilled despite what we saw in DAL. He didn't want to be there plus he had a bad year emotionally. Dudes a baller, so its silly how some judge him on a fraction of a season on a new team with no training camp when he's put in work for years with the LAL.

Odom is great at everything Amare is bad at. Hopefully this would make Amare work harder or risk dropping further down the line in fan popularity.

Also, I could care less about the Kardashian crap. If Odom comes to camp in shape and ready to rep the Knicks (his hometown) i'm good. I think Woodson would bring the best out of Odom as well being a defensive guy. Its a NY thing.
I was on the fence about this, but you make some good points...I think i'll move to 60% in favor now, dude is nice, when he wants to be.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Odom is the missing piece of the Knicks' championship puzzle. If the Knicks get him there is no way that Miami is stopping them in a seven game series. Having Odom and Amar'e come off the bench would wear down other teams' frontcourt. If Grunwald doesn't do this deal then the Knicks have to find a way to lock up Jeffries for the next 5 years.

um no

this missing pieces of the knicks championship puzzle are

1.consitantely playing defense on a championship level like miami, chi, okc, san an and boston. doing it for a month doesn't count and never will.
2.getting a better bench. the bench wasn't absolute trash but could have gotten better. i was personally disappointed in landry fields btw.

3. the melo and amare dynamic needs to be addressed, IF they wanna even talk about getting past the 1st round

4. miami's big 3 needs to be dismembered, and rose needs to stay injured, okc needs to stop improving, the clippers need to go back to not being important. duncan, parker and manu need to retire.
none of #4 will happen in the foreseeable future so no.

5. figure out the coaching situation

Last but not least, locking up jeffries for 5 years????? doing that alone should
cost grunwald his job.

the knicks have shiit load of problems and odom does not solve all of them

Ofcoarse. For the right price I'll take him because his skill set will easily fit right in, In more ways than one he'll be a great addition. I'm only a lil worried about the off the court influences taking away his focus. But I believe Woody will remedy that with little to no prob.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Knicks really have a knack for attracting problematic/controversial players. I wonder why. Might as well invite Howard in. That would complete it. :boohoo:
Odom is neither problematic nor controversial. Stop being a sheep to the media. Besides his stint with DAL, Odom has never been tagged as anything you mentioned. In fact, he's been a professional and great teammate who was able to fill multiple voids in LA.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Odom is neither problematic nor controversial. Stop being a sheep to the media. Besides his stint with DAL, Odom has never been tagged as anything you mentioned. In fact, he's been a professional and great teammate who was able to fill multiple voids in LA.

Anything related to the Kardashians is problematic and controversial to me. Not saying that he can't play ball. He is good. All I'm saying he is gonna be problematic and controversial. And honestly, I don't wanna cheer with the Ks. :barf: But it's just me.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
I don't mind Odom.

It's his link with a Kardashian that scares me. I don't want any member of the Kardashian clan near a Knicks player.

A Kardashian smells bad, is a disease, and will infect other Knicks players will multiple injuries.

CoolClyde

Lame or Dumb?

The Lamar-dashian would be a welcome addition. he's like Girafferies with offensive skills, like
Al Harrington. someone who can hit the 3, drive to the basket, and be a team player like he was on the Lakers.

last year was an abomination. he did not want to go to Dallas, his whole world collapsed
(not unlike STAT's world of death and disappointment), and his team treated him like a leper.
he was tagged an underachiever without heart by the entire Dallas org, and he couldn't get out from under that.

NY would be his town, where him and big Kim can f*ck and s*ck and shop and pop and get back
to his city nature. the mofro's from Queens, NYC! damn!

I support the pickup!!
:gony:

PS: just hope I don't end up calling him Lamar O' Doom!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't know. Guy sucks.

He's a bum.

Look, what he should have done last year is say "hey man, I can't ball because I'm an emotional train-wreck; donate my salary to charity"

But he didn't say that. He took his cool 8$million and he cried like a bitch at the end of the bench.

Guy would get his ass rocked in county, I can't imagine down state.

He's a bitch.

He got the biggest, ugliest Kardashian, too. That's a big bitch.

**** Odom, **** Khloe.

No thanks.

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/19910/source-new-york-no-1-on-odoms-list

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...york-knicks-lamar-odom-top-choice-free-agency

What's next for Lamar Odom?

There's no easy answer there.

The Mavs will attempt to trade Odom before June 29. Any team that has Odom on its roster by that date will be responsible for paying him the $2.4 million in guaranteed money he's owed next year.

If Dallas can't get rid of Odom in a trade, it will likely waive him and be responsible for paying Odom his guaranteed money. That's something Dallas would obviously rather avoid.

If the Mavericks are forced to waive Odom, he would become a free agent. In that scenario, the Queens native would likely be looking at a significant pay cut from the $8.2 he was scheduled to make this season.

Would he be interested in coming to New York at a discounted rate?

A source with knowledge of Odom's thinking says yes. The source says the Knicks would be "on the top of his list" if Odom became a free agent.

"Lamar is big on being comfortable," the source said. "And New York is somewhere he can be comfortable."

It makes sense that Odom would be open to a return to New York.

His versatility -- interior scoring and rebounding in particular -- would be of great value in the Knicks' second unit. He proved in Los Angeles that he can thrive off the bench in a supporting role on a team with stars in its starting five. Odom helped the Lakers win two titles in that role.

Of course, there's a risk involved with bringing Odom in -- even at the veteran's minimum or mini mid-level.

Odom had a rocky season in Dallas after being traded by the Lakers. The Mavs kept him on the inactive list for the final 16 games of the regular season in an effort to sever ties while retaining the ability to trade him.

Though Odom's stint in Dallas was heavy on drama, it was light on production. He averaged career lows of 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 20.5 minutes.

The source close to Odom says that he's eager to put the experience past him. He has started offseason workouts already, with eyes on an Olympic roster spot and with the motivation to prove that he's a better player than the one who struggled through last season.

"It definitely won't be the fiasco that it was last year," the Odom source said of the 13-year veteran's approach to 2012-13. "He wants to find a place where he can end his career, and New York is ideal. He's won championships in the past and he wants to win another. And to do it there would be great."

Any thoughts??? would you make a move to get him??

If we can get Odom with say Shawn marion and trade Amare, I would do it

or if Odom signs with us for the vet minimum, he will still get his guaranteed 2.5 mil so he basically getting the mini mid level if he signs with us as a FA.

We'll see but I would def go for him. We need passers and Lin is the only legit passer on this team so bringing Odom not only gives us a 2nd man to run the floor but a back up PF for Amare.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
If we can get Odom with say Shawn marion and trade Amare, I would do it

or if Odom signs with us for the vet minimum, he will still get his guaranteed 2.5 mil so he basically getting the mini mid level if he signs with us as a FA.

We'll see but I would def go for him. We need passers and Lin is the only legit passer on this team so bringing Odom not only gives us a 2nd man to run the floor but a back up PF for Amare.

I agree with the last statement. We don't have any creative passers on the team and Odom is one of the best interior passing big men in the league. He can help with our frontcourt spacing problem for sure.

I wouldn't trade Amar'e for Marion and Odom though. I'd rather wait and hope that he gets waived and trade Amar'e for Gasol straight up for a 7ft PF/C combination........... Or we can just keep Amar'e and develop what we have. Lol. So many possibilities.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Do I like the way he acted in Dallas? No, but the guy really did not want to play there. I'm pretty sure that trade put him away from his home and support network. I would be unhappy too. He should've been more professional and given it his all though, no question. He really is like Melo, in that if things aren't going his way he will pout and cry like a child who needsa nap. If he came here and was a malcontent it could really affect the chemistry of the team.

That said, Odom can help..

He's a facillitator, who can rebound and stretch the floor with his shooting. He could really help solidify our bench.

I would much MUCH rather watch him than JR.