Taking a Stand Against MeloWoodyBall

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You have Woodson, who averaged 34 wins per year over 6 years with Atlanta.

That's 6 years, averaging 34 wins per year.

Then they signed Joe Johnson and the strategy became "give the ball to Joe Johnson". The Joe Johnson/ Woodson Hawks went on to get eaten alive in the playoffs, as if they were little rabbits. Nom nom nom I eat the rabbit.

Carmelo, he's a poor basketball player who does not understand that hoops is a team game.

I think we have a perfect mixture, a perfect recipe for disaster here.

Knicks can win some regular season games (I give them 44 next year), but they will ultimately suck balls.

I just can't get over the moves this franchise makes, I don't understand the moves:

1. Trade for Melo, stupid move
2. resign Woodson, retarded move

I just don't get it and I am frustrated as a fan, and I don't feel good about anything right now.

If you actually believe this team, with Woodson and Melo (Melowood), can do anything, ever, then you are drinking a lot of alcohol right now, maybe you are drinking every day.

No one can see anything good in the future for this team, sad to say.

I can't wait for the 2015 or 2016 rebuild.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You might ask, what is this based on?

It's based on history. And while I do believe humans can change their choices and actions, this is not often that a man will actually be a Man and he will take responsibility for his actions. It doesn't happen often that a Man changes course and changing the course usually requires some catalyzing event.

Melo has shown the world what he's about. Where should I start? How about his piss-poor conditioning, which is pathetic considering that he has access to the best training and nutrition that is possible in the entire universe. You got bums on the street in better shape than Melo, and they eat garbage. Pathetic.

Then you have his massive ego and generally ****ty attitude. We've seen it in games, we've seen it outside of games. What a joke.

Then you have Woodson, who really sucks as a coach and has absolutely NOTHING on his resume. Don't give me this **** about taking the Hawks to 50 wins. Ok, but he averaged 34 wins per year over SIX YEARS. He should thank G-d they let him hang on for 6 years, and really he had a massively talented roster and he let the roster get eaten alive like rabbits in the playoffs.

Give me a break, am I sour on this team? I'm more than sour. I'm downright disgusted.

This is all sinking in, how ****ty the future is for the Knicks. Get used to it.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
CA7 won't be too fond of your thread. Lol. Anyhow

Youve made some very interesting points and backed them up. I agree with Carmelo's conditioning. It's borderline trash, every year. That's inexcusable for the reasons you've mentioned above. It's clear he doesn't have the same work ethic like Kobe, bron, wade, CP etc. It really shows. Hell even Durant has passed him on my SF list. And it's going on 10 years in the league and he's yet to improve on his defense.

Now I watch the Knicks play just as often as I watch the Heat play being that I live in NY and I've always felt that the Knicks pre Melo trade were better than the team after the trade. I mean they just totally gut their roster and depleted their depth. If they'd still had that previous roster they could and still would have added Tyson and still had more room to add another good pieces. Not a Super star tho. Now I'm not saying they would still be a championship team but they wouldn't be a 7 seed. I actually thought this years team would be a 5th AT LEAST. I don't know what happened

And Woodson, I see where you are coming from with him. Personally I like him as a coach and I understand why you are on high alarm being his previous records are bad. Just gotta see where it goes from here. That's really all I can say about that.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see the Knicks compete just like you all. And there's nothing like a Heat/Knicks rivalry But the front office have made some very questionable decisions dating back to that Eddy Curry contract. That's a whole other story.

I believe Walsh didn't want to do the trade. His eyes were set on a DWill, Stat combo but Dolan badly wanted the star(Melo) in NY. All I can tell you is to just watch and see where everything goes

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I just can't get over the moves this franchise makes...

Dolan learned from his past experiences, a "yes, sir" and "how high, boss" type of coach fits perfect into his system. He couldnt care less if Knicks ever gonna win a chip, for as long as the MSG stock price is high and attendance is full. He makes sure no one in his organization will rock the boat! No Phil, no Sloan and no risk!
It's based on history. And while I do believe humans can change their choices and actions, this is not often that a man will actually be a Man and he will take responsibility for his actions. It doesn't happen often that a Man changes course and changing the course usually requires some catalyzing event.

Melo has shown the world what he's about. Where should I start? How about his piss-poor conditioning, which is pathetic considering that he has access to the best training and nutrition that is possible in the entire universe.

Don't expect Melo to change much anytime soon. When a player doesnt find flaws in his game by admitting to bad games, areas where needing improving, and not believing in long gym workouts, changes just wont happen. There is nothing to fix! Woodson is in no position to make any demands on Melo. Hell, Melo was the one who got him the job in the first place literally!

Give me a break, am I sour on this team? I'm more than sour. I'm downright disgusted.

This is all sinking in, how ****ty the future is for the Knicks. Get used to it.
I feel you pain but nothing will ever change for as long as Dolan is in the helm.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Walsh never did want it your right only Dolan did. He envisioned dollar signs and sponsors not wins or banners.

Yup. Dolan saw a bunch of dollar signs. Why not Melo, he's born in Brooklyn, went to college in state. Dolan wanted more sell outs, ticket prices etc etc. can you blame him? He's an owner lol.

But they were definitely looking in difference directions. Melo wasn't apart of the plan unless he'd come at no expense of the former team.

Walsh did a great job aquiring Amare and Felton that summer.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Dolan learned from his past experiences, a "yes, sir" and "how high, boss" type of coach fits perfect into his system. He couldnt care less if Knicks ever gonna win a chip, for as long as the MSG stock price is high and attendance is full. He makes sure no one in his organization will rock the boat! No Phil, no Sloan and no risk!

Don't expect Melo to change much anytime soon. When a player doesnt find flaws in his game by admitting to bad games, areas where needing improving, and not believing in long gym workouts, changes just wont happen. There is nothing to fix! Woodson is in no position to make any demands on Melo. Hell, Melo was the one who got him the job in the first place literally!

I feel you pain but nothing will ever change for as long as Dolan is in the helm.

"can't teach a old dog new tricks". This is the story of the knicks

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
CA7 won't be too fond of your thread.
We all know he is the Jekyll/Hyde Lala/Melo of KO.
Walsh never did want it your right only Dolan did. He envisioned dollar signs and sponsors not wins or banners.
Neither did Dolan in the beginning (correct me if I am wrong on this). It was the Nets who pursued Melo for HALF the season and Melo wouldn't sign any extension with Nets if traded there. It wasn't until later it caught Dolan's interest that Melo demanded to come here and the dollar sign went up.

It was the biggest NBA saga that year following LeBron the previous year.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
The thing that pisses me the most with Dolan is the fact he didn't even contact Phil Jackson. Considering people close to Phil stated that Phil would have took the job if it was offered to him.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The thing that pisses me the most with Dolan is the fact he didn't even contact Phil Jackson. Considering people close to Phil stated that Phil would have took the job if it was offered to him.

Dolan listens to Isiah Thomas. Do you honestly think Thomas and /or Dolan wants Phil here, someone with real basketball credibility??

Off the bat Phil probably doesn't agree w half the moves made recently re personnel.

Isiah has his boy Woodson coaching the team. He got him a long term contract (and Melo who only started to play hard after D'Ant resigned) basically.

We have to ride it out until it becomes unbelievably apparent that he's just an average coach with no offensive creativity or know-how.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Unfortunately, at that point Melo's deal will be nearing an end, Amare will be completely finished here, as well, same for TyChan being the effective, sorta-healthy NBA'er that he is now.

And given our lack of picks this year, and that we will never sniff the lotto over the next several years....we'll basically be right were we were after Walsh cleaned house.

Except we won't have Walsh, and will have somebody else who is part of the Dolan Plan (ie, Melo, Woodson, Isiah).

Considering OKC and MIA are only getting better (not to mention several other quality teams), we need the following to happen to even sniff being a contender:

*Melo undergoing a Paul Pierce type transformation, and basically being a more dominant version of him

*TyChan staying healthy

*Shumpert coming and immediately continuing ascent as a starting 2-guard and All-Defense NBA'er

*Lin continuing his rise under MDA last year, and becoming a legit All-Star'ish PG

*Amare finding a groove with Melo (and Woodson, too), and averaging a .500+ FG% again and playing decent D

*Woodson not being Woodson (which is tied to pretty much every one of the above things, aside from TyChan and Shumpert's health)

How about that MDA-based offense in San An, btw? Pretty fun to see the whole being worth so much more than the sum of the parts, when the right parts are in place being executed the right way.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
A History of Errors

I have been sorely disappointed with a substantial number of decisions Knicks' management has made, particularly since the signing of Layden as the General Manager over a decade ago. But spilled milk is spilled milk.

We have recently paid a price in the unsuccessful effort of getting LeBron. It was a worthwhile gamble, but in retrospect it appears that LeBron intended to take his talents to South Beach long before the ridiculously staged formal announcement. I think we were played by team Lebron. Perhaps we would not have invested so heavily in Amare' if we knew it was not going to help in attracting LeBron.

I believe that for the next year or two, at least, Amare' is untradeable for anything that would add value or significant cap space. We are not trading Melo. I would do it for Howard or Bynum, but I do not think Dolan would.

Melo is a terrific offensive player, one of the very best. He has the athletic capacity to be a very good defensive player. And when he wants to, he can pass very well. Melo does not look as though he is in top physical shape, but he seems to play with the speed and strength of one in very good shape. He may be one of those persons whose outward appearance is deceiving. I am told that Mark Aguirre always looked out of shape and pudgy, but when the Pistons did some fat percentage analysis, he fared very well.

My problem with Melo is that he needs the ball and often plays --albeit with substantially good results -- one on one or two and with the rest of the team with somewhat better than front row seats.

I like Lin, but he also dominates the ball. Though the ball does not "stop" with him, it is only because he constantly moves with it, often finding an open man, but nonetheless using a substantial portion of the shot clock. This will frustrate Melo, who would prefer someone like Shumpert at the point who will defer to him and constantly feed him at that elbow where Melo likes so much to commence his ISO moves.

I am not sure that Lin, Melo, Amare' and Chandler, although all very capable, can work that well together. Woodson is going to have his work cut out for him.

For the next three years, we will have over 75% of our cap space invested in Melo, Amare' and Chandler. We do not have the ability to sign any valuable free agent. We have no 1st round pick this year, and none in 2014. I think JR will go where the money is. I am not sure about Novak. Other teams can offer him more than we would probably want to pay him. His opportunity for signifcant paydays is limited. I would love it if somehow Odom fell to us. But I think Brooklyn has a better chance of getting him than we do.

We will have a solid group, but a way must be found to get them to work together. The Spurs have done it with, arguably, less talent than we have.

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I agree the Carmelo trade was not exactly ideal from my standpoint, not because i don't like Carmelo as a player but

1. I disliked it because of how much we gave up and we basically traded out almost all our starters. Sure you can say Carmelo is worth it he's a top scorer in this league, but me personally as a fan of the Knicks i prefer Depth and Cap room space. I would of liked if Carmelo came through free agency if he really wanted to be on the Knicks forcing a trade was unnecessary. I know the new CBA was an issue but if you really want to be somewhere with dreams to win a championship you make that strive to get there the right way. If melo came as a FA we would probably have one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

2. I disliked pairing MELO up with AMARE, that was a risk itself, I never saw them two as a fitting 1 2 punch. It just makes no sense to me we have 2 guys who basically both prefer iso and both shoot around the same areas on the floor, the only difference is one is 6'10 with bad knees and less creative.

^^^ and Melo has been my favorite player since his Denver days, thats just how i honestly feel.

In all fairness i would like to see this team with a full training camp, and healthy roster under woodson before i judge "Melowoody ball"... Woodson is the headcoach now he has a chance to insert his plays and what ever he wants to do, when he came here and took over he was mostly still using Dantoni schemes on the court. I want to see what Woody can do as our headcoach with a full training camp and healthy roster at this point. If things are not clicking i say we pull the trigger for a trade by the deadline. Their is no point in keeping 2 players (Amare & Melo) for another 3 years if they cant mesh together fluently and consistently

Last edited:

LV&C

Benchwarmer

Hah. Been used to it a long time ago. Don't really see the use of pulling my hair over this team cause it's not like I have any control over it. None of us have.

LV&C

Benchwarmer

You got that right. It makes sense that no business owner will want an employee who rocks the boat.

Benchwarmer
You have Woodson, who averaged 34 wins per year over 6 years with Atlanta.

That's 6 years, averaging 34 wins per year.

Then they signed Joe Johnson and the strategy became "give the ball to Joe Johnson". The Joe Johnson/ Woodson Hawks went on to get eaten alive in the playoffs, as if they were little rabbits. Nom nom nom I eat the rabbit.

Carmelo, he's a poor basketball player who does not understand that hoops is a team game.

I think we have a perfect mixture, a perfect recipe for disaster here.

Knicks can win some regular season games (I give them 44 next year), but they will ultimately suck balls.

I just can't get over the moves this franchise makes, I don't understand the moves:

1. Trade for Melo, stupid move
2. resign Woodson, retarded move

I just don't get it and I am frustrated as a fan, and I don't feel good about anything right now.

If you actually believe this team, with Woodson and Melo (Melowood), can do anything, ever, then you are drinking a lot of alcohol right now, maybe you are drinking every day.

No one can see anything good in the future for this team, sad to say.

I can't wait for the 2015 or 2016 rebuild.

Why wallow in negativity? Even IF you were correct, what good does your "opinion" do for the Knicks and for the fans??