Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

Kiyaman

Legend
It amazes me how most people think that more muscle definition = guaranteed better basketball from the given player.

Ignorance is rife on this forum. Everyone wants Melo to get in better shape, but why? It's not affecting his game in the least, he is still playing at a very high level. The whole team was out of sync at the start but Melo played out of his mind in April!

Melo's BF% is still quite low, definately under 10%.

He know's his body better than anyone, people only want to see him get more muscle definition because MOST of the players in the league play better this way, not all.

u are going to knock a forum down b/c members post a thread on Melo getting physically condition.... all the members in KO forum know Melo number-1 project in the offseason & training-camp are co-existing with his Knicks teammates.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/20435/melo-excited-to-reunite-with-dantoni

"It'll be good to reunite with him," he told the New York Daily News on Monday at a New York City event promoting USA Basketball's partnership with Jeep. "When he left, there wasn't any bad blood between me and him. He was a big part of the '08 [gold-medal] win [in Beijing], and he's there again. I'm actually excited about going over there and trying to win a gold medal with him again."

Anthony said that after the Knicks' first-round loss to the Heat, he spent two weeks away from the game -- he's even been watching the NBA playoffs sporadically -- and celebrated his 28th birthday in New York City. Now he's "back in the lab" training for the Olympics, which will officially begin in early July in Las Vegas.

"My life don’t stop. It's never-ending," he told ESPN New York. "I'm back in the gym. I'm just working. I'm focused right now."

At some point during the offseason, Anthony is going to bring his Knicks teammates together to work out and get ready for the upcoming season. He said he's been in touch with the Baron Davis, who's likely out for a year after shredding his right knee in Game 4.

"Baron is good. I talked to him the other day," Melo said.

Davis will be making an appearance at New York City's popular Dyckman Basketball Tournament on June 26.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Real Talk .... Melo is already on Starbury's level.

Great post for this thread.....Marbury always started every season physically
condition for a 82 game season. Marbury always received an A+ for conditioning.
And a big fat "F" for failure for never working-out and conditioning himself with
any of his teammates during the offseason. Marbury was always about Marbury,
as if Marbury were competing against his teammates.
Iso-Marbury great conditioning never co-exist with any of his teammates.
Does Marbury remind u of a player on our team?

Marbury has never been on Melo's level

CA7

Scoring Champ
It continues

MeloWorkout2.jpg

fender0577

Rotation player
It continues

MeloWorkout2.jpg
CA7, i love Melo just as much as you(we'll maybe not as much), but anyways, i'd be fine if he stayed how he is physically, and posted some pics, of Himself, Tyson, and Amare, on the damn court working out together.We need these 3, building as much chemistry as possible, don't you agree.

Number3

Benchwarmer
melo needs to be explosive like his early years with the nuggets.. hes not that old.. he can play faster

skisloper

Starter
The commercial on TV with all the players heads on cartoon bodies is pretty funny....if you noticed the creator made Melo the chubby dude....

Dude is def sucking his stomach in. I know that look bc I do it when i'm at the beach whenever i see a hot girl walk by. (I can't be the only one)

And some dude said he's "definitely under 10% bodyfat" :teeth: I can only laugh about that statement. Have you ever seen what 8-9 % bodyfat looks like?

Don't believe the fake numbers published by the NBA, according to them Lebron James is walking around at 8% bodyfat :teeth:

T.O. at a legit 8% BF:

terrell-owens-5.png

And Lebron at 8% bodyfat according to official stats :teeth:

lebronbigpic-e1279569106815.jpg

No Abs, no split pectoral, no veins - he's over 12%, easily!

I work with natural bodybuilders so I know a bit of that stuff, Melo looked around 18-20 % bodyfat last season, he even had a slight belly in certain body positions.

He looks a bit leaner now, my guess is around 16% right now.

If he could cut it down to 12-14 % for the start of the season that would be good for him. He seems to be a carb sensitive guy, which means his body stores carbs more than other people do, like Amar'e who seems to be a lean guy by nature who can easily get ripped from workouts, while Melo hasto make his abs in the kitchen.

Maybe if y'all follow him on instagram ( Carmelo Anthony ) y'all can see that he working hard to be in shape. Stop doubting the man you seen what he did in April. As far as the heat series it was simply melo vs heat. Injures and non existing role players. He will be in a better shape and will be more explosive on defense and going to the rim.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Maybe if y'all follow him on instagram ( Carmelo Anthony ) y'all can see that he working hard to be in shape. Stop doubting the man you seen what he did in April. As far as the heat series it was simply melo vs heat. Injures and non existing role players. He will be in a better shape and will be more explosive on defense and going to the rim.

Why the fawk would I want to follow anyone on instagram?

STAT1

Starter
Not sure why there are so many people questioning Melo's conditioning here. From my perspective if there is anyone on this team that needs to come into next season in shape & ready to play, it's STAT. He broke camp 20 lbs over his normal playing weight last year & there was absolutely no lift or explosion in his legs, it was clearly evident. We need Amar'e to come into this coming season on a mission to redeem himself after the disappointing season he had last year. & We need he & Melo to come to an agreement over who is going to be "THE MAN" on this team, because unless 1 of them bites the bullet & puts his ego aside & welcomes playing the Robin role (like D Wade did for Lebron in Miami), then this team is always going to face the same chemistry issues that they faced this season.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dude needs to get in on some explosive training. Gravity wasn't often his friend last season. Too many missed layups and shots blocked.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;238343 said:
Dude needs to get in on some explosive training. Gravity wasn't often his friend last season. Too many missed layups and shots blocked.

imagine if he worked out with this guy

go to 3:00