Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
imagefromurl

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dudes on ESPN goin in on Melo now that LBJ got a ring

Fans can be so harsh Melo better be prepared cause its about to go down.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo lost 12 pounds now he is at 239...talk about being out of shape, the guy was 1 pound heavier than the specimen in miami.

Cant really say he was out of shape he put on weight just like Amar'e because they were expected to play more 4 and 5. I kinda figured he was heavier due to his lack of lift this year not only on his attacks to the basket but his jumper too.

Melo comin back more explosive next year which bodes well for our team on offense and defense

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
A motivated, sleeker Carmelo Anthony said Tuesday that he had lost 12 pounds since the end of the Knicks? season.

Anthony, who was in Manhattan for the unveiling of his wax likeness at Madame Tussaud?s, told reporters he was down to 239 pounds.

?I?m exceeding expectations,? said Anthony, who has been training in Los Angeles.

Anthony?s conditioning has been a concern throughout his career. Coach Mike Woodson, who asked Anthony to lose weight this off-season, recently visited him in Los Angeles to see the results.

?They were kind of shocked to see me down in weight,? Anthony said, referring to Woodson and other team officials. ?They came to my workout, saw it. They?re actually excited how much hard work I?ve put in since the season ended.?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/carmelo-knicks-shocked-at-weight-loss

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Props to Melo for what?

This is the example of a situation where you offer an extreme solution to a problem, this extreme solution is rejected by the other party, then you find a 'compromise' in the middle, which was your intent all along.

Carmelo ate too many donuts, this was the extreme situation, and now he is riding bikes and playing hoops over his summer and he is relaxing at all other times.

He has to drop the buckets next season.

This **** is a myth that teams need more than 2 years to come together. You know within a month if something will work, that's just how it is. 2 years is a lot of time.

Melo has to: 1. win at least 52 games next year, and 2. reach the conference finals.

What are the odds of that happening? No chance.

It took two years I'm Miami and look they got a ring. Dude if you don't like melo just say it. Also this team will easily get to the conference finals look at the teams in the east it's a joke man.

Red

TYPE-A
Props to Melo for what?

This is the example of a situation where you offer an extreme solution to a problem, this extreme solution is rejected by the other party, then you find a 'compromise' in the middle, which was your intent all along.

Carmelo ate too many donuts, this was the extreme situation, and now he is riding bikes and playing hoops over his summer and he is relaxing at all other times.

He has to drop the buckets next season.

This **** is a myth that teams need more than 2 years to come together. You know within a month if something will work, that's just how it is. 2 years is a lot of time.

Melo has to: 1. win at least 52 games next year, and 2. reach the conference finals.

What are the odds of that happening? No chance.

"The only thing worse than a coward, is a coward with power"

The only thing worse than a hater, is a hater that constantly posts dumb sh!t.

You seem hell-bent on trolling and posting dumb sh!t (see above)...

and really there's nothing I can do, except wonder...

How does one make it look so easy to look so foolish?

Rah rah, you've got it down pat. Smh at the fact you haven't given it up already. Sad... just sad.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
His BMI is 26.3. it's not that bad 18-24 is the healthy range.
This doesn't really include increased muscle mass and water weight.
He should be around 230 to 235. Which he's pretty close.

p0nder

Starter
I would say that 235 is probably optimal for his body frame. Also don't take BMI to mean a damn thing. it's a bull**** number that doesn't apply to most, especially athletes.

I'm glad to see that he is conditioning like this on his own, but I would like for the "stars" to get together for some workouts. It would be great to have Lin sign here in early July and have some team workouts with him passing to TC/Melo/STAT in late july/early august. Still those are typical times for vacations, so I would be happy to see it by the later part of august.

Even without player workouts we will be light years ahead of last year. We will have a decent coach from training camp on, working with a solid cast of players that have played together at least parts of last season with a definitive goal and focus in mind. It seems to be coming together at the right time. It would be nice to see Grunwald put together some sly **** like last years TC deal but even with this group it looks to be coming together.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I would say that 235 is probably optimal for his body frame. Also don't take BMI to mean a damn thing. it's a bull**** number that doesn't apply to most, especially athletes.

Just an example of how much of a BS number a BMI is: The BMI for Maurice Jones-Drew one of my favorite players of all time is 32.6 (5' 7''; 208 lb) which puts him in the obese category.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
Chillax, It's just a index. It's not suppose to be accurate especially reading of any body fat , muscle mass, different body types.

I Just mentioned it because people are throwing numbers what his ideal weight should be. he is healthy and his height to weight is normal.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I don't want him losing too much tho. What sets him aside from Durant and others scorers is his work on the block and ability at times to bully his defenders. 225 is too light... He'd get pushed around and be limited to just playing 3.