Knicks shopping Landry Fields

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/06/09/knicks-shopping-fields-targeting-the-warriors/

Multiple sources have told me over the past week that the Knicks are shopping Landry Fields and it appears they are trying to move into the first round if the Warriors agree to deal with the Knicks restricted free agent.

A team that the Knicks could be targeting is Golden State, who currently hold the 30th pick, the last pick in the first round and 4 picks total.

Fields would be an ideal fit for the Warriors open style and, should the Knicks move to the end of the first round, they can target the best player available which could perhaps be Vandy?s sharp shooter John Jenkins or Kentucky?s Doron Lamb should they go SG

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Damn... as much as i would hate to see Fields go.. if we can get a first rounder for him its worth it.

I dont see why GS would do this though...

CA7

Scoring Champ
If we could get into the 1st we could grab Jared Cunningham and in the 2nd go for a guy like Quincy Acy to replace Jeffries

Paul1355

All Star
Thank the Lord

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/06/09/knicks-shopping-fields-targeting-the-warriors/

Multiple sources have told me over the past week that the Knicks are shopping Landry Fields and it appears they are trying to move into the first round if the Warriors agree to deal with the Knicks restricted free agent.

A team that the Knicks could be targeting is Golden State, who currently hold the 30th pick, the last pick in the first round and 4 picks total.

Fields would be an ideal fit for the Warriors open style and, should the Knicks move to the end of the first round, they can target the best player available which could perhaps be Vandy?s sharp shooter John Jenkins or Kentucky?s Doron Lamb should they go SG

This is very good news, look guys I know we all like to keep players we draft, especially steals like Fields was in the 2nd round but this guy has regressed extremely since the first half of his rookie year.

He is a head case and is afraid to shoot the basketball and lost all confidence in his jumper this season.

He is perfect for a fast break kind of team in Golden State and with guys like Curry, Lee, and Bogut, all Fields will have to do is drive to the basket and rebound while hustling his butt off.

In NY we need Fields to knock down open shots, primarily the 3 point shot which is just not his style. He was one of the biggest dissapoitnments behind hte arc this year for any player, especiall since he shot 39% from that area in his 1st year.

A sign a trade for Landry is a smart move, he doesn't fit on this team anymore with a new coach and style suited to more of a slower half court pace and we desperatly need some cheap players, and the draft is where that can happen

If Golden State is willing to trade the 1st round pick, it would be a good move for both sides. GS knows what they are getting and Fields is better than a 30th pick. We need a knock down shooter and a facilitator so buying picks/and or trading for them is the priority right now.

I hope Fields is traded, sorry Landry but it is time for you to move on.

as much as i love landry fields i'm actually okay with this trade if it goes through. with the exception of a few players (balkman, hill, etc) the knicks have always delivered on draft night. I always said that if landry doesn't find his jumper he can be easily replaced with a 2 guard from the draft. Just hoping this doesn't sway Jeremy Lin to another team seeing how him and Landry were butt buddies.

tiger0330

Legend
I said the Knicks might not want to keep Fields, looks like I was right.

It's not a done deal after all he is restricted so the Warriors might be able to get him without giving up anything but a first round pick for him would be sweet.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Bummer, Landry is actually one of my favorite Knicks. I took it personal when he performed so poorly this season. But I guess if the knicks can get a better 2 guard for him then I would do it. Not sure if GSW bites on this but we will see. But Landry definitely went in another direction from his rookie year. If this does go down and everything goes according to plan, I can see NY picking Doron Lamb so he can come back home to NY.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Fields would fit nice at the 3 with GSW while the Knicks can take a guy like Doron Lamb, Jared Cunningham or even Marquis Teague to sure up guard depth

New New York

Quiet Storm
A good trade for both teams, funny thing is I was literally just on Hoopsyhype and I was looking at the draft order and saw G State had the last pick and was wondering if there was anything we could offer them to get it!

Anyways...Landry is a California guy, he's young and athletic, he thrived in an uptempo offense where the ball moved a lot and he did not have to creat one on one (his biggest weakness) so he'd probably give them 10 pts, 5 rebs and a steal off the bench, good compensation for the 30th pick.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I went to Vanderbilt and watched John Jenkins play...a lot.

The guy is a great shooter. It was reported that he has a pretty good wingspan (I think he's 6'5" but a 6'8" wingspan), so he might be a passable defender in the league.

If he can be our version of JJ Redick, that would be amazing. In this system we need SHOOTERS. Landry was a black hole on offense last year and it killed us.

finestrg

Rotation player
I went to Vanderbilt and watched John Jenkins play...a lot.

The guy is a great shooter. It was reported that he has a pretty good wingspan (I think he's 6'5" but a 6'8" wingspan), so he might be a passable defender in the league.

If he can be our version of JJ Redick, that would be amazing. In this system we need SHOOTERS. Landry was a black hole on offense last year and it killed us.

Jenkins can shoot it, no question. My thing though -- is he that much better than Kim English? Basically the same type of player (primarily a perimeter oriented 2G) only English might be bigger by an inch/inch & a half, and I think he might be better defensively. Jenkins took about 4 shots a game more than English -- that's where you get the scoring disparity from: Jenkins' 19.9 ppg to English's 14.5. Everything else looks very comparable. Not a knock on Jenkins at all. I like him for us, I just don't know if I'd move all the way up to get Jenkins at 30 if I knew English will be there at 48. Maybe we resign Fields and either keep him or use him for something else and just grab English at 48.

Someone mentioned Brandon Rush on another board. How about Fields and the rights to Gerogios Printezis (who we won't be able to sign anyway if we don't win this Bird rights hearing) for Rush or Fields/Douglas/rights to Printezis/rights to Ahmad Nivins for Rush?

Hey SS -- just curious. What's up with Jermaine Beal these days? He go overseas somewhere? I liked that kid. 6'3" PG that could shoot it. That kid could play, man. Any idea where he is now?

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
This is very good news, look guys I know we all like to keep players we draft, especially steals like Fields was in the 2nd round but this guy has regressed extremely since the first half of his rookie year.

He is a head case and is afraid to shoot the basketball and lost all confidence in his jumper this season.

He is perfect for a fast break kind of team in Golden State and with guys like Curry, Lee, and Bogut, all Fields will have to do is drive to the basket and rebound while hustling his butt off.

In NY we need Fields to knock down open shots, primarily the 3 point shot which is just not his style. He was one of the biggest dissapoitnments behind hte arc this year for any player, especiall since he shot 39% from that area in his 1st year.

A sign a trade for Landry is a smart move, he doesn't fit on this team anymore with a new coach and style suited to more of a slower half court pace and we desperatly need some cheap players, and the draft is where that can happen

If Golden State is willing to trade the 1st round pick, it would be a good move for both sides. GS knows what they are getting and Fields is better than a 30th pick. We need a knock down shooter and a facilitator so buying picks/and or trading for them is the priority right now.

I hope Fields is traded, sorry Landry but it is time for you to move on.

No arguments here.

My list goes:

PG-Facilitator
SG
Defenders

...on the cheap. Do what we must, by any means necessary.

Add a Douglas and anyone not named Melo or Chandler to the list, imo.

Kiyaman

Legend

This is bad news and a terrible decision to make especially with SG-Shumpert 2nd torn ACL injury/rehab out for the 2012-13 season.
G/F-Landry Fields is .... a must resign KEEPER in offseason.

The Knicks first 23 games of the 2011-12 season was a regressed-Knicks team with a 8-15 record.
The Iso-Melo-offense had the entire Knicks team performance regress-extremely on the offensive end of the court. The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan in the 23 games, this was proven as a fact by our 32nd game of the season when Iso-Melo caught a groin injury during the 24th game that kept Melo out for the next 9 games. The Knicks offense was given over to a young PG-Jeremy Lin to run in the 24th game. Jeremy Lin's offense took the Knicks on a 8-1 winning streak run to place the Knicks team as a 16-16 .500 record-team (The Lin-Sanity moment of improving a .250 record team into becoming a .500 record team over night.).

When Melo return healthy from a groin injury the Knicks went on a 6 game losing streak which had headcoach Dantoni resign.

He is a head case and is afraid to shoot the basketball and lost all confidence in his jumper this season

Who are u talking about? TD? Walker? Fields? or Amare?
All became headcases with poor shooting when Melo Arrive in New York.

For those who didnt learn anything from the Knicks 2010-11 postseason sweep (Melo pass to Jefferies), to the Knicks 2011-12 (Fire Extinquisher) postseason 5 game sweep.... The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan...

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
We need to keep as much players as we can from last season.
With good steady and long term coaching (which it seems like we will have now), and good team chemistry... keeping most of last season's bunch, vets like Melo, STAT and Chandler, younger players like Lin, Fields, Shump Jorts .. and key players, JR and Novak.. we have a serious shot of becoming something like the Spurs of the last 10 years, or more recently up and coming OKC.. who will dominate the NBA for the upcoming years..

I know we have a lot at stake at the upcoming Bird Rights hearing, but if all goes as planned, starting to look at dealing players is really the wrong thing to do.
I would be surprised the Grunwald would take such a route.

If we do end up keeping Lin and Novak.. all we need are the right set of vet min players, key role players (J.R. / Novak) and with the younger players and the 'Big 3' I dont see how we wont be a 2+ seeded team in the upcoming seasons.

Bottom Line. Hope that all goes as planned, keep a steady roster.
:gony:

Sage

Rotation player
What would everyone's opinion on Fields be if he was consistantly hitting his jumper and free throws? Would it change?

He does an awful lot of things well and his fundementals on defense have improved this year. If someone worked with him to fix his shot and overcome the slump he was in, he is actually quite a good player and someone I think we should keep.

Plus trading him for a late first round pick/early second round pick doesn't give us much IMO. Better the devil you know and all that. If we packaged him with Amare though, you'd have my attention.

CA7

Scoring Champ
KIYA why the **** you gotta turn every thread into a Melo hate thread STFU and hop off his dick for once