• Total voters

CA7

Scoring Champ
Without Bias

1st off I wanna say their comparions

Durant- Dirk Nowitski meets Ray Allen
Carmelo- James Worthy meets Larry Bird

now

Scoring- Melo is definitely a better scorer than Durant but Durant's offense is designed to get him more open looks than Melo. Durant also gets "superstar" calls while Melo doesn't get those same calls- Tie

Rebounding- Melo is definitely a better rebounder, Durant doesn't crash the boards like a guy his size should. Melo is possibly the best offensive rebounder in the game- Carmelo

Passing- While Durant is more passive than Melo the fact of the matter is Melo is a better and more skilled passer. While Melo doesn't look to pass up a good shot of his own for a great shot of his teammates, where talking who's better- Carmelo

Defense- Both aren't great defenders but when motivated I say Melo is superior due to being able to defend 3's, 4's and 5's. But Durant is more into defense than Melo- Durant

Decision-Making/Discipline- Melo's decision making is sometimes sketchy, while Durant understands when to say NO- Durant

Clutch- Carmelo

Team Work- The fact that Durant is more team oriented gives him the nod. But Melo has finally got that level thanks to Woodson. But we have to see more consistency- Durant

Carmelo- 3
Durant- 3
Tie- 1

At the end of the day when you put in everything the biggest thing that separates them is Durant understanding how to be a Champion at the age of 23 while Carmelo is just getting there. I always said if Carmelo knew how to be a Champion he'd be one and now is his time. Durant has about 10 years left of going off and Carmelo has about 5. So we have to say Durant is the better basketball but not more skilled than Carmelo

KD- better basketball player
CA- more skilled basketball player

big difference

This can't be a serious question.

Durant is hands down better.

Funny how Lebron haters use his lack of a title against him, but Melo has made it out of the 1st round ONCE in his career.

Melo's somewhere around top 15. Off the top of my head - Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe, Howard, Wade, Rose, Westbrook, D-Will, Love, Blake, Aldridge, Bynum, Parker, Kyrie.

Some people might dispute Kyrie but he had a ridiculous age 20 season and I would definitely take him over Melo going forward.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
lol what a joke of a thread.

Durant at age 23 has already much more acomplishments than Melo will ever have.

Scoring titles

Melo - 0 (great number for someone labeled as best scorer in the league LMFAO)

Durant - 3 (and many more to come)

All-NBA First Teams

Melo - 0

Durant - 3 (and many more to come)

KD is also better rebounder, better passer and better defender and most of all - he's much better TEAMMATE.

fender0577

Rotation player
The only thing I have to say is I havent seen Durant since game 1 of the Finals...
Yeah your right, he's been way to passive, but the same people in here, who are saying this is a dumb question, i bet MELO would never be this passive.I still think Durant is a little better, i love MELO's aggressive attitude more, Durant is way to shy for me.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Durant>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>Gallo>>>>>>>>Melo

I can't believe u said Durant>lebron when he's scared to play whenever lebron is guarding him. I hate the heat with a passion and I was bitching about the refs on game 3 along with everyone else bc the calls were terrible but in Game 4 the refs were pretty fair, lebron went off as he's been doing the whole series, and it was Westbrook who kept it close, not Durant.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Durant has already achieved a whole lot more than Melo in this league. Both as an individual and a team member.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The question is who is better player not more accomplished career stop the Melo hate and answer the damn question

Kiyaman

Legend
There is not a single NBA executive or scout that would not say Durant.
Your kidding right ?

u can add coaches and players too.

Superstar Durant build a top contender out of the draft.
Melo build a 50 win team with the help of veteran experience teammates.
Huge difference...

orangeblobman

Rotation player
u can add coaches and players too.

Superstar Durant build a top contender out of the draft.
Melo build a 50 win team with the help of veteran experience teammates.
Huge difference...

Yea, Durant and Melo are on two different levels, different planes.

Durant is a legit star, even a Superstar, where Melo is just a high scoring player. Really, after almost a decade in the league, Melo is just a high scoring player.

I mean, it's an absurd question, but a question that I am glad someone asked, because we needed to clear the air.

Is Melo a top-25 player? I really can't say he is. He's a volume scorer.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;238120 said:
I think the accomplishments make the case, don't they?

From jump Durant has had things easier than Melo, his career won't forever be compared to LBJ and D Wade, he got 2 more top 4 picks added next to him and his team had time to grow, Melo was expected to come in and produce and he did, he got robbed of the ROY robbed of 2 All Star appearances, had to deal with Prime Duncan and Kobe while KD got the declining versions, Melo is only player in NBA history to average at least 20 ppg and make the playoffs every year of his career. Durant will always be praised higher because Oden is the opposite of LeBron.

If we ask who's a better basketball player I say KD only because he has the right pieces, system and mindset. Melo now has that so hopefully he follows through this upcoming season Melo proves whether he is ready to take the final step

OrangeBlobMan you're a big ass hater I bet your a 40 year old virgin and wears glasses with tape in the middle

orangeblobman

Rotation player
If we ask who's a better basketball player I say KD only because he has the right pieces, system and mindset. Melo now has that so hopefully he follows through this upcoming season Melo proves whether he is ready to take the final step

OrangeBlobMan you're a big ass hater I bet your a 40 year old virgin and wears glasses with tape in the middle

I'm actually a pretty cool guy.

I don't know how you can say that Melo now has the right mindset, that's a crazy thing to say.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Why are we even comparing Melo and Durant? KD is someone who is in Lebron's category, while Melo has a lot more to improve on. For starters, he can work on what Phil Jackson said. Better passing and don't stop the offensive flow of the ball

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm actually a pretty cool guy.

I don't know how you can say that Melo now has the right mindset, that's a crazy thing to say.

When Woodson took over as head coach you seen a major change in Melo's game. Not only that his demeanor, his leadership. In April he was playing like a top 3 player, he was defending, passing and scoring. Woodson wont take Melo's ****, he wants him in better shape and what does Melo do, he doesn't take his usual month away then get back, he took a week off and got back to work. Not only for the Olympics but in order to perform at a high level next year.

If Lin, STAT, Shump and Jeffries dont go down we'd win at least another game vs Miami. Woodson is running everything through Melo like Miami does with LBJ and OKC does with KD and I guarantee you if STAT plays the ultimate Robin roll, Lin gets the offense set up and our role players play their roles our team will be fine. If Melo continues playing D like he did in April and STAT becomes a better on ball defender and more focused off the ball defender we can win 55 games.

Also, you might be a "cool guy" but your disdain for Melo is cringeworthy every time you say something about him its negative not even constructive criticism. :gony:

TakMan

Rotation player
The way I see it, until one of them wins a title, I can't really say one is far superior than the other. Looks like Durant will be losing to Miami with the same score the Knicks lost. Yes Durant is younger and therefore more likely to develop into a champion and hall of famer, however at the moment he is (seemingly) just not ready to compete at that stage. Game on. It's up to Anthony to raise the stakes next season.