Flopping in the NBA

tiger0330

Legend
JVG's pet peeve, floppers. Never thought it was an issue, no more than the guy that knocks the ball out of bounds but points in his teams direction. I would like to see more use of replay, let the refs change a charging call if they see the defender is in the restricted area when they see it on the big screen.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't mind flopping.

At the same time, there are two different types of flopping.

The flop where a player falls to the ground without any contact, this has to be punished with technical fouls and ultimately suspensions for repeat offenders.

The second type of flop, the type that I support and feel is part of any sport, is the Sell Flop. The Sell Flop comes into effect when a legitimate foul is committed against the player and the player exaggerates his reaction in order to draw the attention of the referee.

It's a fast game and the refs can't catch everything. The enterprising player should do everything he can to make sure he receives the justice he deserves. No shame in that.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
An effective method to end flopping is to punish the flopper after the game.

Let him have his fun but when the NBA reviews the game afterward, they should drop the fines on their heads. Few cases like this and the flopping will be greatly curtailed.

We must remember that it is a fallacy to require immediate punishment, in-game. Nothing wrong with hitting them after the fact.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I hate both types of flops. If you sell a legit foul too much it can become a flagrant 1 or 2. Just play the game and stop falling on the ground all the time. If I'm 180 lbs and you're 250 lbs you shouldn't go flying 10 feet backwards if I bump you accidentally.

Also, I would rather review the calls after the game as it interrupts the game too much if the refs have a discussion after each questionable call. But I would def start with handing out fines first then suspension for repeat floppers.

tiger0330

Legend
I definitely think it should be reviewed in games if it means FT's. Getting a decision after the game won't get those points back.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
It better come to an end, I'm sick of seeing this...

lebronflop2.gif

lebron-flop-2.gif

LBJFlop1.gif

BronFlop.gif

Never like floppers. It's cheap ball, it masks your inability to make a game changing play with actual bball skills. One of the main reasons I disliked that dude Gallo. Since the average and weakest players were getting away with this practice everyone started to do it. I'm glad they're addressing this B.S. Hopefully this pansy crap will cease and players get back to playing real ball. I almost feel sorry for those whose game depends on this tactic to win. Not!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Never like floppers. It's cheap ball, it masks your inability to make a game changing play with actual bball skills. One of the main reasons I disliked that dude Gallo. Since the average and weakest players were getting away with this practice everyone started to do it. I'm glad they're addressing this B.S. Hopefully this pansy crap will cease and players get back to playing real ball. I almost feel sorry for those whose game depends on this tactic to win. Not!

You think Gallo doesn't play real ball but Melo does?

Newsflash, Melo doesn't play any realer ball than Gallinari, if anything he plays ball that's more fake and unnatural because basketball is a TEAM game, not an iso-egostrokefest.

I've seen mello put up plenty of points, dish out plenty of dimes, and grab rebounds. Just because the team doesn't know each other yet doesn't mean he's not a team player. I saw the efforts. Gallo will never be in the same class...he's too soft, clumsy and inconsistant.

fender0577

Rotation player

Newsflash, Melo doesn't play any realer ball than Gallinari, if anything he plays ball that's more fake and unnatural because basketball is a TEAM game, not an iso-egostrokefest.
Dude why do you hate melo so damn much?I don't understand it anymore, and then you keep trying to compare Gallo to Melo, stop it already.I love the difference of opinions in here, but when you keep making these crazy statements about a 5 time all-star, and one of the NBA's best scorers, your starting to look very childless.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Dude why do you hate melo so damn much?I don't understand it anymore, and then you keep trying to compare Gallo to Melo, stop it already.I love the difference of opinions in here, but when you keep making these crazy statements about a 5 time all-star, and one of the NBA's best scorers, your starting to look very childless.

That's because I am childless. At the same time, you answer your own question.

All-Star.

Top Scorer.

Two near-meaningless distinctions that don't reflect the true quality of a basketball player at all.

Top scorer? Tony Campbell dropped 23 per game on year for the T-Wolves.

All-Star? Bums are picked to the All-Star team every year over more deserving players. It's a shallow, empty accolade.

Guys keep confusing this ****: just because a guy drops a lot of points doesn't mean he's any good at basketball. If we're talking 1 on 5, Melo is your guy. I would want him out there going 1 on 5. But as long as it's 5 guys versus 5 guys, I'm taking Gallinari any day if I'm starting a basketball team.

Get out of town bro.

fender0577

Rotation player
That's because I am childless. At the same time, you answer your own question.

All-Star.

Top Scorer.

Two near-meaningless distinctions that don't reflect the true quality of a basketball player at all.

Top scorer? Tony Campbell dropped 23 per game on year for the T-Wolves.

All-Star? Bums are picked to the All-Star team every year over more deserving players. It's a shallow, empty accolade.

Guys keep confusing this ****: just because a guy drops a lot of points doesn't mean he's any good at basketball. If we're talking 1 on 5, Melo is your guy. I would want him out there going 1 on 5. But as long as it's 5 guys versus 5 guys, I'm taking Gallinari any day if I'm starting a basketball team.

Get out of town bro.
Melo isn't as selfish as you make him out to be, the dude is the best option on the squad, he was brought here to score, period.How is he selfish when he takes the same amount of shots as every super star in the league, that's his job.What bums are picked every year for the all-star game, and that's subjective who you thinks deserves it, and dropping 23 a game for 1 year, is different from averaging 25PPG over 8 years, and making the playoffs every year.Oh and the year Tony Cambell dropped 23PPG, they won 22 games, so stop it.

Paul1355

All Star

Switch melo and Gallo and we never make the playoffs this year....you are comparing a multiple all star to someone that hasn't even come into his own yet.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Damn everytime you comment in a thread, Melo has to be focus. If you hate him so much then jump off his nuts man. Nobody in here is discussing him, yet you make him a point of reference for NO REASON.

I don't get how you can hate someone so much but at the same time can't get him off your mind. Sounds like a backdoor man crush.