If you had a time machine....

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
What would u change about our franchise? What moves would you make or not make and why?

Obvious choice for me is not hire Isiah Thomas bc we could have had so much more without him and we never would have signed or traded for once upon a time players who were now either injured or past their prime for future draft picks and we would never have drafted people like Renaldo Balkman when we had Rajon Rondo available.

What else would u guys do?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Let me do it so we save space:

"DUH I WOULDNT TRADE FOR MELO"-Orangeblobman,every other Melo hater.

With that out of the way, I sure as HELL would not sign STAT for $100 million

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I wouldn't of used the Amnesty on Billups and instead used it on Amare..... Billups contract was expiring anyway so with the Amnesty of Amare and Billups contract coming off the books we would be in a perfect shape to build off Lin,Chandler and Melo, but instead we are biting our finger nails over a Bird rights case in which stern is appealing :|

tiger0330

Legend
Would not have signed Amare. My gut when he was a FA was he wasn't worth a 100M because Steve Nash was 50M of that. He had a great first season and he looked like he was worth that big contract proving his critics wrong but after last year you have to wonder is he Rashard Lewis II.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I wouldn't of used the Amnesty on Billups and instead used it on Amare..... Billups contract was expiring anyway so with the Amnesty of Amare and Billups contract coming off the books we would be in a perfect shape to build off Lin,Chandler and Melo, but instead we are biting our finger nails over a Bird rights case in which stern is appealing :|
there would be no jeremy lin if we would have kept chauncey, we wouldnt even picked him up off waivers

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
there would be no jeremy lin if we would have kept chauncey, we wouldnt even picked him up off waivers
Billups would of gotten injured like he does every season, leaving us with no PG leading to us grabbing Lin off waivers! lol but your probably right but even so we would of still had a legit shot to get Deron Williams as well, the possibilities would of became greater.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Signing Eddy Curry is obviously the only answer.

If we didn't sign Eddy Curry, we could've had a Big 3 in NY during the off-season of 2010.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Signing Eddy Curry is obviously the only answer.

If we didn't sign Eddy Curry, we could've had a Big 3 in NY during the off-season of 2010.

Wade, James and Bosh were always going to Miami unless you mean Stoudemire, Johnson and Boozer as our big 3 or the original plan Paul, Anthony and Stoudemire

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Make sure Dolan was never born.

This. If Dolan didn't exist, Knicks would be a much better team over the years.

Of course, there is no guarantee this would be the case, they could be a worse team, but it's hard to run a team as poorly as Dolan does year in, year out.

fender0577

Rotation player
This. If Dolan didn't exist, Knicks would be a much better team over the years.

Of course, there is no guarantee this would be the case, they could be a worse team, but it's hard to run a team as poorly as Dolan does year in, year out.
I'll take my chances with someone else, any day of the weak.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Agreed. Dolan time and time again over the past decade has shown how incompetent of an owner he is. Trusting Isiah Thomas with decisions. Getting Amar'e for a highly overpaid contract when he should have signed for less. Hiring Dumb Toni who knows how to play team defense as well as I know Swahili (I don't).

He got lucky that Melo wanted to play for the Garden and that Linsanity happened. And the fact that Knicks fans are the most loyal fans in basketball and still had good attendance records even when we sucked.

jzero29

Rotation player
This is a dizzying prospect...I didn't like the melo trade. I didn't like the curry trade. I didn't like the crawford trade. I didn't like fred weis draft pick. I liked the McGrady trade, but lebron never came...so it screwed us, in hind sight bad move.
I didn't like trading david lee.
jerome james signing.
jared jeff part 1...part 2 seems good.
dolan, isiah, d'antoni
firing of larry brown
firing of Donnie Walsh
Steve francis.
Reggie millers 10 points in 2 seconds
patrick ewings fingerRoll instead of dunk
the non foul call on smith vs bulls
John starks 2-18
Penny hardaway
and as someone said kill hitler
To many things over the years to choose just 1.
This question really shows me how badly our chosen franchise has been run
Its gonna be difficult not to root for the brooklyn nets

iJoe

Rotation player
It all started with Mcdyess. Everything.

Freak injury. Who knows how good he could have been and what moves we would have made to surround him.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I've been meaning to say this at some point after reading all these debates on this forum. I've been seeing both sides of the Melo trade, one skewed towards him and one skewed against him and I think it is unfair to judge as of yet and I mean for both sides.

For one, he was dragged into our team mid season and then didn't have a chance to work with the team in a lock out shortened season. You also have the fact that stat was injured for most of last year and barely showed up in the playoffs. And this year with the coaching change, lin's injury, shumpert being out the first game of the playoffs and stat deciding to vent his frustration on a fire extinguisher.

On the flip side, u have his prior issues (on and off the court) with the nuggets and questionable work ethic, which I'm glad to see he is changing according to his twitter. Also you've seen that he didn't win a championship with the Nuggets at all since coming to the NBA although he did bring them to the Conference Finals. However, he was playing in a very strong Western Conference back then when you had the Lakers and Spurs both playing in their primes as well as the Mavericks and Suns.

My point is that it's all speculation. This debate, the Lin debate, and the Stat debate. Their performances next year should decide all 3. We all know that. But for now, nothing we say means s**t because we haven't had a normal season yet. Just my :2cents:

fender0577

Rotation player
I've been meaning to say this at some point after reading all these debates on this forum. I've been seeing both sides of the Melo trade, one skewed towards him and one skewed against him and I think it is unfair to judge as of yet and I mean for both sides.

For one, he was dragged into our team mid season and then didn't have a chance to work with the team in a lock out shortened season. You also have the fact that stat was injured for most of last year and barely showed up in the playoffs. And this year with the coaching change, lin's injury, shumpert being out the first game of the playoffs and stat deciding to vent his frustration on a fire extinguisher.

On the flip side, u have his prior issues (on and off the court) with the nuggets and questionable work ethic, which I'm glad to see he is changing according to his twitter. Also you've seen that he didn't win a championship with the Nuggets at all since coming to the NBA although he did bring them to the Conference Finals. However, he was playing in a very strong Western Conference back then when you had the Lakers and Spurs both playing in their primes as well as the Mavericks and Suns.

My point is that it's all speculation. This debate, the Lin debate, and the Stat debate. Their performances next year should decide all 3. We all know that. But for now, nothing we say means s**t because we haven't had a normal season yet. Just my :2cents:
+1 good post, I agree with all your points.