IM BACK & my 2 cents...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
whats up everyone sorry i been inactive and sorry for the flameout of last season fantasy league. I simply didnt have the time i thought i would to participate. Work and college proved to be an overwhelming load. But now a few months forward and im done with college--for good! great feeling and so now i got the extra time to follow up and actually post on here.

I been gone, but not too far away. I've been following the forums every now and again just to see what topics are being discussed and over the months--both on here and outside-- ive been hearing everyone complain about the knicks duo not being able to coexist. To those i tell you this, BULL****. just a year ago we were wondering the same about wade and bron and look at em now? champions. conversations? over. Same will happen hear. in the locker room clear out interviews they all stressed the importance of a training camp. Its vital for any team, more so to a team that consists of 2 primarily ball dominant superstars. This season theyll mesh learn each others spots and learn when to differ to the other, after all there will be a system now that we have a formidable coach; no more of that iso + pick and roll + iso again and try your luck at a wild shot. they mesh and the rest of the team will fall into place. players will have fun and when players are having fun you play vastly better. Then again you've had stat and melo both injured/ away from team/ or no training camp thanks to the lockout. Now all that stuff wont play to the equation anymore. you have stat and melo healthy, a full training camp, and hunger. Melo has the chip on his shoulder now that leBron no longer has his. Give em the time and a full equal training camp and full preseason to tweak and you got yourself a dangerous squad next season. Patience is a virtue my friends, and it pays off. so there you have it the Princes :2cents:

Red

TYPE-A
Congrads on school. Please proof read your post and fix the grammatical errors like a grad should. Just kidding.

Wassup!?

Anyhoo... I've lost faith in the following:

1. Amare's ability to stay healthy
2. Improved defense especially at the 1,2 and 4 where Shump made us legit and I had hopes for the unknown with Lin. Amare makes that list because it was about how TC would make up for his lck of D, and Coach would instill some D.

3. Amare's post moves but Hakeem may change this.

Where do we get D from? Melo gets a pass, Lin was shook, Shump is hurt, and Amare is fragile.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Welcome_Back.png

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LOLL!! still at it red huh? i figured its a forum i can take a little step back in the grammar hahhaha. for you ill be sure to keep it top notch no doubt.

thanks a lot AF718 much appreciated. I'll tell ya this its great to be back.

i see what you're saying red but the way i see it is these things are light the man defense could be fixed with team defense. our weak spot in the lineup 3&4 defensively can be accounted for with a unit that switches....at the right times. we improved at that as the season wore on, now if we could improve at it. i see a lot of potential un this team and i think with time it can really be a force

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice to have u back .... your Knicks optimism should lean toward Jeremy Lin & Tyson Chandler.

D.Wade & Lebron with Bosh is the whole package of NBA excitement.
Do not compare Carmelo Anthony to any of those 3 players above.

Melo is Dolan's boy to raise prices (Marbury was Isiah's boy to raise prices). Melo didnt co-exist with his Denver Nuggets teammates to make their performance better, nor did Melo share the lime-light of Denvers 50 win seasons with Camby, Iverson, or Billups. What makes u think Melo change....facts please?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thanks kiya. i see where you're coming from, but all im saying is before we bring the verdict out on these two, lets give them time and a fair chance. By that i mean a full training camp, pre-season and season. these are 2 stars that need it together, the way their games are they arent easy to pair so all the time needed is important. with this offseason i fully expect these 2 to be rollling together. Lin, however, will play a vital roll in the meshing of these 2.

Kiyaman

Legend
thanks kiya. i see where you're coming from, but all im saying is before we bring the verdict out on these two, lets give them time and a fair chance. By that i mean a full training camp, pre-season and season. these are 2 stars that need it together, the way their games are they arent easy to pair so all the time needed is important. with this offseason i fully expect these 2 to be rollling together. Lin, however, will play a vital roll in the meshing of these 2.

u have to excuse me for being so critical on Melo....its just I never paid close attention to Melo's performance since he left Syracuse.
Im sorry to say "Melo's all-around performance in MSG is not up to par to publically demand a trade by way of media from any NBA team", Melo is far from being a Dwight Howard, Kobe, or Amare Stoudemire.

Ron Artest aka World Peace all around team performance had more rights at publically demanding a trade than Melo .... The 4th seeded Pacers went down hill at the speed of light after World Peace were traded to the Kings. The Denver Nuggets hasnt lost a step or beat after Melo was traded to us.
The Knicks play more efficiently as a gellin winning team without Melo.

Hopefully, this offseason Tyson Chandler could influence Melo on the USA team into becoming a "team-player" on and off the court....because Stat gave-up on Melo before the 2010-11 regular season ended....Stat & Melo stayed far apart from each other throughout the CBA lockout, plus Stat stayed in Florida workingout with Isiah Thomas during the short training-camp. This is why our 2011-12 season started off in a losing chaos with fans & media blaming every Knicks player except Stat & Melo ISO plays for a 8-15 record.
We all know what happen next when we took (both) Melo & Stat out of the rotation sending them home for the next 7 games, we replace them with D.League players Jeremy Lin & Steve Novak....15-15 record...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hear you kiya, melo has to step his game up from a leadership role, and a teammate standpoint and i think he does that. listening to him speak over the course of the offseason he sounds different, meaning he's finally owning up the billing he came here with. motivated, hungry, willing leader, those are all things you need out your star player. it wont hurt that he's spending the summer around TC either. another thing to note; during melos rejuvenation at the end of last season one thing that goes unnoticed is his defensive effort. he started taking it upon himself to put forth a strong effort defensively and took major strides. i see a different melo evolving before us and thats something to fear if your the opposition. Lets see what happens

Kiyaman

Legend
Talk is good .. but its hard to walk that talk when your co-workers already labeled u
its best to :crossfingers: untill u see Melo & Stat working-out together in the offseason

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
agreed lets see what happens, just as you im hoping for the best before this whole pairing turns into a complete fail.

KingCharles34

All Star
Welcome back Datprince, this is my first time signing on in a while too. Whats good everybody? F*ck the Nets :barf:

Reds post sums up how Im feelin right now, I see Amare as a potential and maybe even likely problem. He'll be 30 in November and I think we can all agree hes not the same player he was in 2010

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
were getting originals back on here bro hahaha.

i see that. since that magical coming out party in NY he's been spiraling we need to get em back on track and playing like that again. we do that i dont see how miami can stop us