Sign and Trade Possibilities

Kiyaman

Legend
Whats next

Nash & Lin's transition-game does not fit a saving-energy 36 minutes of playingtime Carmelo Anthony (to damn slow getting back on offense/defense) .... thats why the Knicks W.Chandler, Harrington, and Gallo all had 30 point games vs Melo's Denver Nuggets.

Lin has not been happy playin the "ISO-Melo-offense", Lin's big advantage is controllin the tempo with a speedy first step dribble to draw several defenders havin great floor vision to pass off his dribble.
And a 40 year ole Nash gain fame in Dallas/Phoenix by having teammates beat him down on the offensive-end before oponents could setup their defense.

I would rather go cheap at getting PG-Arron Brooks & SG-Terrence Williams by locking them down with a 4 year contract, rather than go after a halfcourt PG-Kyle Lowry who will only see Melo & JR.Smith on offense.

Lin & Fields are a decent starting backcourt, the more playingtime the two-guards receive the more creative their performance becomes in the backcourt.
Iman Shumpert shouldve never been a STARTER in his rookie season....to much stress/pressure on a rookie who started the season being a consistent poor decision-making guard in the backcourt to where the name (Shump-performance) was deleted from the list of candidates to the rookie All-Star game. Our coaches and veteran players hold a lot of the weight n blame for Shump's 2nd rip in his ACL....Shump playingtime shouldve stayed coming-off the bench as a strong-finisher when we had a healthy Landry Fields who adapt to the starters role with athleticism, energy, and wisdom of oponents starting lineup.

If Shump return healthy next season before the February deadline, then something was fish fish fishy about lastseason .. Stat & Lin going down at the sametime, making Davis & Shump our backcourt starters so JR.Smith gets the 6th man slot, and the media get off of Melo back for not being able to co-exist with Lin-Sanity, or Stat, while Melo and company beat mediocre teams at the end of the season.

Wargames

Starter
Why would they not co-exist? Two guys with court vision and good passers can't co-exist? I thought the selfish players that don't like passing ala Melo and Iverson or Melo and Amare are the ones that can't co-exist

If you think they can't because of who will ball handle, well i don't think anyone will argue with that, the answer is obviously Nash 1st and then Lin 2nd but Lin can be more of a scorer with Nash on the team.

So explain how they can't co exist. Please.

Cap Space. I was talking about Cap Space. If the Knicks get Nash for $10 Million and then decide to sign Lin (who from all signs Toronto will immediately zero in on once Nash is off the table) regardless if he is attached to a poison Pill Contract 6 players alone will have us in the Luxury tax.

It will be the same scenario the Knicks were facing prior to them winning the arbitration trial. Letting players go not because they were offered to much, but because they were offered anything at all. Thats why I said players would have to be moved for Pennies and the knicks would once again be forced to do all their negotiations from a clear point of weakness.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Nash is 38 years old. He is an injury away from retiring. No matter how good he is that will always hang above his head. It's just a matter of time. Also, I would hate to give Lin added pressure to compete for a starting role with Nash. It's ridiculous and will only hurt his game. I say we get a good pg willing to come off the bench and a shooting guard (hopefully jesus shuttlesworth).

Wargames

Starter
Nash is 38 years old. He is an injury away from retiring. No matter how good he is that will always hang above his head. It's just a matter of time. Also, I would hate to give Lin added pressure to compete for a starting role with Nash. It's ridiculous and will only hurt his game. I say we get a good pg willing to come off the bench and a shooting guard (hopefully jesus shuttlesworth).

I agree the knicks just need to Re-Tool and build cohesion and depth. That's what really hurt them these last few years in the play offs. No Cohesion on the roster, No Depth, and it use to be bad coaching. Now the knicks have a decent coach, they just need to have a training camp and add depth to their guard positions and see if they can get a decent center to back Tyson Chandler.

Going for Nash over Lin is basically short term vs Long Term

The Heat aren't unbeatable their big three are already showing signs of breaking down and the Thunder just doubled down on a below average coach and that roster will be in transition soon as well.

Also quick question is OJ Mayo just that much of a headcase that no one is really pursuing him?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nash & Lin's transition-game does not fit a saving-energy 36 minutes of playingtime Carmelo Anthony (to damn slow getting back on offense/defense) .... thats why the Knicks W.Chandler, Harrington, and Gallo all had 30 point games vs Melo's Denver Nuggets.

Lin has not been happy playin the "ISO-Melo-offense", Lin's big advantage is controllin the tempo with a speedy first step dribble to draw several defenders havin great floor vision to pass off his dribble.
And a 40 year ole Nash gain fame in Dallas/Phoenix by having teammates beat him down on the offensive-end before oponents could setup their defense.

I would rather go cheap at getting PG-Arron Brooks & SG-Terrence Williams by locking them down with a 4 year contract, rather than go after a halfcourt PG-Kyle Lowry who will only see Melo & JR.Smith on offense.

Lin & Fields are a decent starting backcourt, the more playingtime the two-guards receive the more creative their performance becomes in the backcourt.
Iman Shumpert shouldve never been a STARTER in his rookie season....to much stress/pressure on a rookie who started the season being a consistent poor decision-making guard in the backcourt to where the name (Shump-performance) was deleted from the list of candidates to the rookie All-Star game. Our coaches and veteran players hold a lot of the weight n blame for Shump's 2nd rip in his ACL....Shump playingtime shouldve stayed coming-off the bench as a strong-finisher when we had a healthy Landry Fields who adapt to the starters role with athleticism, energy, and wisdom of oponents starting lineup.

If Shump return healthy next season before the February deadline, then something was fish fish fishy about lastseason .. Stat & Lin going down at the sametime, making Davis & Shump our backcourt starters so JR.Smith gets the 6th man slot, and the media get off of Melo back for not being able to co-exist with Lin-Sanity, or Stat, while Melo and company beat mediocre teams at the end of the season.

Lin went out March 24th vs Detroit

Knicks went on to beat

Bucks- Almost playoff tem
Magic- playoff team
Cavaliers
Magic- playoff team
Bulls- playoff team
Bucks- almost playoff team
Wizards
Celtics- playoff team ECF 7 Games
Nets
Hawks- playoff team
Clippers- playoff team
Bobcats- according to Metro they were a playoff caliber team

8/12 wins came against teams that finish with a chance to make the playoffs or made the playoffs

Linsanity

Knicks beat

Nets
Jazz- playoff team, swept
Wizards
Lakers- playoff team
Wolves
Raptors
Kings
Mavericks- playoff team, swept

3/8 wins vs playoff caliber teams

37.5% wins vs top competition for Linsanity, 75% wins vs top competition for Melo Madness

we could do this if you want Kiya :gony:

Last edited:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
you guys have to understand this from a mental standpoint not just stats. If Nash signs with the Knicks, that puts added pressure on Lin and he'll just go somewhere else or suck this season. The ONLY reason I would ever ever sign Nash is if he's willing to come off the bench and play a Derek Fisher role, which is highly unlikely given that he had a great season last year. What the Knicks are doing right now in pursuing Nash is bordering on stupid and in the process they may lose Lin.

We need a PG who is ok with taking a back up role. That's the only way we'll keep and continue to develop Lin into a better player.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
you guys have to understand this from a mental standpoint not just stats. If Nash signs with the Knicks, that puts added pressure on Lin and he'll just go somewhere else or suck this season. The ONLY reason I would ever ever sign Nash is if he's willing to come off the bench and play a Derek Fisher role, which is highly unlikely given that he had a great season last year. What the Knicks are doing right now in pursuing Nash is bordering on stupid and in the process they may lose Lin.

We need a PG who is ok with taking a back up role. That's the only way we'll keep and continue to develop Lin into a better player.

If Lin goes into mental breakdown mode over us signing Nash, then he wasnt the kid I thought he was.

Kiyaman

Legend
CA7.... Nash need Lin as a backup to make us a top competive team.
Knicks signing Jeremy Lin as our starting PG is a great move as long as the Knicks sign a veteran athletic PG to share the 48 minutes....Jameer Nelson, or Arron Brooks, or Nate Robinson are great PG that will put together a 2nd unit of bench players.

Your not really mentioning anything great or heroic about ISO-Melo offense with this....
Lin went out March 24th vs Detroit
Knicks went on to beat
Bucks- Almost playoff tem (almost describe the Bucks performance perfect)
Magic- playoff team (Howard vs SVG wow)
Cavaliers
Magic- playoff team
Bulls- playoff team
Bucks- almost playoff team (broken team needin training-camp)
Wizards
Celtics- playoff team ECF 7 Games (no bench or Ray Allen in regular season)
Nets
Hawks- playoff team (legit)
Clippers- playoff team (legit)
Bobcats- according to Metro they were a playoff caliber team (a metro Joke)
8/12 wins came against teams that finish with a chance to make the playoffs or made the playoffs

Melo won 8 out of 12 from 11 mediocre-teams wow! .... when Stat wouldve probably won 10 out of 12 without ISO Melo offense .... and Lin & Stat wouldve probably won 11 out of 12 without ISO-Melo offense.

CA7....
It seem very difficult for u to understand the FACTS of "LIN-SANITY" without one second of ISO-Melo offense in nine 48 minute games that gave us a 8-1 record.
Having a career of getting knocked out of the first-round playoffs 9 times using ISO-Melo offense has never crossed your mind has it?
Especially with teammates who been to the FINALS on their previous teams .... Camby, Kenyon Martin, Iverson, and Billups

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
CA7.... Nash need Lin as a backup to make us a top competive team.
Knicks signing Jeremy Lin as our starting PG is a great move as long as the Knicks sign a veteran athletic PG to share the 48 minutes....Jameer Nelson, or Arron Brooks, or Nate Robinson are great PG that will put together a 2nd unit of bench players.

Your not really mentioning anything great or heroic about ISO-Melo offense with this....

Melo won 8 out of 12 from 11 mediocre-teams wow! .... when Stat wouldve probably won 10 out of 12 without ISO Melo offense .... and Lin & Stat wouldve probably won 11 out of 12 without ISO-Melo offense.

CA7....
It seem very difficult for u to understand the FACTS of "LIN-SANITY" without one second of ISO-Melo offense in nine 48 minute games that gave us a 8-9 record.
Having a career of getting knocked out of the first-round playoffs 9 times using ISO-Melo offense has never crossed your mind has it?
Especially with teammates who been to the FINALS on their previous teams .... Camby, Kenyon Martin, Iverson, and Billups

A lot of news with the Knicks and Spanish PG Pablo Progioni...he is 35 years old and known as a crafty pass first PG.

He is a cheaper and more realistic option...might be the perfect fit at the right price.

1.9 mini mid level is what the knicks might offer for about 2 years...

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/6/19/3095969/the-knicks-met-with-pablo-prigioni

Kiyaman

Legend

If the Knicks sign another starting PG before locking Lin in a contract for 4 or more years .... Bussinessman owner James Dolan will have his security take turns beating the shiiat out of Grunwald for 365 days....
u dont lose a billion dollar ASSET for any reason other than a 2 billion dollar asset .... Nash, or CP3, or Deron Williams are not a 2 billion dollar asset.

Kiyaman

Legend
A lot of news with the Knicks and Spanish PG Pablo Progioni...he is 35 years old and known as a crafty pass first PG.

He is a cheaper and more realistic option...might be the perfect fit at the right price.

1.9 mini mid level is what the knicks might offer for about 2 years...

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/6/19/3095969/the-knicks-met-with-pablo-prigioni

u are the 4th person who bought this player to my attention, I never watched Pablo Progioni perform in the NBA .... I want Grunwald to get Lin a decent veteran backup able to get the bench-players more involve on the offense so they wont mind playing hard on defense.... oh yeah, I still want to keep TD defense on the roster for practice with Lin & ????

orangeblobman

Rotation player
u are the 4th person who bought this player to my attention, I never watched Pablo Progioni perform in the NBA .... I want Grunwald to get Lin a decent veteran backup able to get the bench-players more involve on the offense so they wont mind playing hard on defense.... oh yeah, I still want to keep TD defense on the roster for practice with Lin & ????

I think TD is a great practice player.

You remind me, do you remember? When Baron Davis was our savior! Glad that experiment is over. I called it though, so whatever.

Pablo Progioni sounds sick wit it, I've never seen him play but I think he would a perfect player for us because he's old and he will dish the rock, because with Melo on this team you need players that don't like to hold the ball and don't like to shoot the ball. Pablo sounds more than capable of dribbling it up and dishing it to Big Kahuna Melo.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Goran Dragic thats the perfect sign-and-trade there. include lin to rockets we get dragic and were set.

Nash Giving Knicks Time To Work On Sign-And-Trade

Jul 03, 2012 9:27 PM EDT
Nash_Steve_phx_120630.jpg
Steve Nash is allowing the Knicks time to create a sign-and-trade deal that would be acceptable to the Suns while also getting him a higher salary, according to a source.
Landry Fields was one player Phoenix was known to have interest in, but he agreed to a $20 million, three-year offer sheet with the Raptors on Tuesday that takes him out of the running.
Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer on the table to Nash.

I don't see anyway we get a deal acceptable enough without giving up Iman... Honestly I wouldn't do it..

STAT1

Starter
I don't see anyway we get a deal acceptable enough without giving up Iman... Honestly I wouldn't do it..

I would not be for including Shump either in this case.

The Raptors & Rockets are doing their best to royally screw us this offseason it seems.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just sign lin and kidd and end the madness

It really is that simple.

I don't see the point in holding out any longer. Dolan will match whatever Lin's offered, right? He must be worth nigh on double a backloaded contract in net worth for the pudgy little bag of farts.

Kidd can play effectively at the 2, as he proved in Dallas, so we'd basically only need someone - literally anyone with a competent shot - to replace Fields and work on our bigs behind Tyson.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn is reporting the Knicks are doing everything to get Steve Nash and they are one millistep from adding Iman Shumpert......................................

"Alan Hahn
Nash/Shumpert debate: Pro: Melo, Amar'e, Tyson have 3 year window in their prime to go for it. Nash, even at 38, is one of best PGs in NBA and can maximize offensive talents. Shump won't play until at least January and no guaranatee he'll be 100 percent by playoffs. Con: Shumpert has all-star potential and is a great perimeter defender, which is rare to find and if championship isn't realized, you lose another first round pick (Wilson, Gallo).