Official Free Agency Thread

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Suns have submitted a successful waiver claim for Luis Scola.
The deal must be three years and worth at least $10 million to offset the unguaranteed portion of Scola's deal with the Rockets, who recently waived him. It's a sneaky pickup for the Suns, who otherwise had only Channing Frye (who could miss the start of the season with a shoulder injury), Hakim Warrick and Markieff Morris at PF.
Source: David Aldridge on Twitter

Paul1355

All Star
That's what I'm sayin'. Solid, reliable, dependable. Lin is still a ??? signed or on the court, an aging decaying legend, a 35 year old foreign NBA unproven pg..., an overweight unmotivated under-achiever Felton.

If Felton can lose weight then he is a nice move but i dont want to give up on Lin...atleast have him for this season and u can trade him as a valuable asset...teams would take him with that cap hit...any team that has no one on the roster and needs a starting PG like the Rockets

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Am I the only one that saw the paycheck Jeffries got on that Felton trade? The man got paid !!! If I was him, I would walk back to NY from Portland and still be happy...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
If Felton can lose weight then he is a nice move but i dont want to give up on Lin...atleast have him for this season and u can trade him as a valuable asset...teams would take him with that cap hit...any team that has no one on the roster and needs a starting PG like the Rockets
Mark my words, Felton will come in the best shape of his life.
He LOVES it here

metrocard

Legend
^ Agreed, Hill is a d*ck to the Knicks.

Kris Humphries signed a 24 million contract for 2 years with the Nets.

Talk about being overpaided....NBA fails.

metrocard

Legend
Other headlines:

Lakers meeting with Dwight Howard in person

Sac King sign Aaron Brooks

Wizards to amnesty Blatche

Shout out to Dallas to signing OJ Mayo.

That's a STEAL, Mayo is a player and will show case his skill in Dallas.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
^ Agreed, Hill is a d*ck to the Knicks.

Kris Humphries signed a 24 million contract for 2 years with the Nets.

Talk about being overpaided....NBA fails.
smh wow 12 mill a year, he's def not worth that at all.. now that i think about it, i think all 5 starters on the Nyets have Max contracts lol.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marco Belinelli nearing a decision
The Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have interest

Both the Los Angeles Clippers and Marco Belinelli were interested in a deal but the Clippers had just their Bi-Annual Exception to offer. The Clippers, with the lobbying of Chris Paul, made overtures to the New Orleans Hornets but the Hornets refused to take on Ryan Gomes via sign and trade. Now that the Clippers have gone with Grant Hill, Marco is looking at other teams. The Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have interest.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/41211/marco-belinelli-nearing-a-decision.html

Paul1355

All Star
Marco Belinelli nearing a decision
The Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have interest

Both the Los Angeles Clippers and Marco Belinelli were interested in a deal but the Clippers had just their Bi-Annual Exception to offer. The Clippers, with the lobbying of Chris Paul, made overtures to the New Orleans Hornets but the Hornets refused to take on Ryan Gomes via sign and trade. Now that the Clippers have gone with Grant Hill, Marco is looking at other teams. The Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have interest.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/41211/marco-belinelli-nearing-a-decision.html

Bellineli would be perfect fit on this team...hits the 3 and spreads the floor.

But I still think Kidd will be the starting 2 with J.R off the bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EXI7uf_I0

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Another 11th-hour amnesty manuever: Clippers have released Ryan Gomes to become NBA team No. 15 to use their amnesty clause

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Bellineli would be perfect fit on this team...hits the 3 and spreads the floor.

But I still think Kidd will be the starting 2 with J.R off the bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EXI7uf_I0

Yea real smart. So we gunna rely on Felton and pablo at 1. Kidd Jr AND white at 2?????

If Felton and/or Kidd get hurt before shump gets backed were royally ****ed. Our downfall past 2 years have been lack of pg depth. Why on earth would you wear down Kidd at the 2??? So we can rely on the nbas oldest rookie??? Get ****ing real dude. The knicks better sign a semi legit 2(Not the flight white) or were taking a huge chance going into next season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We need a guy who can defend and hit the corner 3 as our new SG, Shane Battier like

Raja Bell would be ideal but who knows, hopefully within a week we add a guy

Paul1355

All Star
Yea real smart. So we gunna rely on Felton and pablo at 1. Kidd Jr AND white at 2?????

If Felton and/or Kidd get hurt before shump gets backed were royally ****ed. Our downfall past 2 years have been lack of pg depth. Why on earth would you wear down Kidd at the 2??? So we can rely on the nbas oldest rookie??? Get ****ing real dude. The knicks better sign a semi legit 2(Not the flight white) or were taking a huge chance going into next season.

Ok ill get real...name me one SG at the veteran minimum that can make an impact on this team???

Please enlighten me..DUDE

We have 3 point guards and 1 SG so it only makes sense to save the one SG on the bench in J.R. You need to spread the minutes for the point guards and we should expect all 3 to get minutes every game.

We used all of our assets on Camby and Felton. AS of right now we are going to wait until Shump gets back to refill the hole at SG and in the meantime, MOST LIKELY I can see Kidd being used at the 2 because of his size as a 6'4 guard that is older and will guard SG's easier than quicker PG's.

Wear down Kidd? This isn't a 66 game season with back to back to back games. Kidd will be fine as long as he doesn't play 40 min a game. He said he expects to play 20-30 min and that is exactly what he will play. Maybe a few times he will have to play more until Shump gets back.

Prigioni is going to get spot minutes so Kidd doesn't play too much and you know J.R is getting over 20 min a game since Woodson loves him.

So right now, YES I see Kidd possibly starting at the 2....if you don't start him at the 2 then you would have a bench backcourt of Prigioni and Kidd....I would rather have J.R off the bench with a PG since J.R is more suited off the bench so he can fill up his stat sheet when the stars are sitting and/or too tired to be as aggressive on offense.

Marc Berman also reported that Felton was promised a starting role on the team.

Kidd should start with the star players and J.R should come off the bench....so it makes sense having a lineup of:

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Amare
Chandler