Official Free Agency Thread

Paul1355

All Star
chicago is blowing it up i guess they are ready to amnesty boozer next

They aren't blowing anything up. Rose will be back eventually and they were still a solid team with him not playing. I believe their record was something like 20-7 when he did not play.

As long as they have Deng and Noah they are competetive enough to make the playoffs. Really their team is so well coached by Tibs that it is like it doesn't matter who is on the floor they just give it their best.

Boozer can be amnesty cut but without Rose they need all the offense they can get so I doubt they amnesty Boozer right now or anytime soon.

Maybe next year they will look to trade or cut him.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
They aren't blowing anything up. Rose will be back eventually and they were still a solid team with him not playing. I believe their record was something like 20-7 when he did not play.

As long as they have Deng and Noah they are competetive enough to make the playoffs. Really their team is so well coached by Tibs that it is like it doesn't matter who is on the floor they just give it their best.

Boozer can be amnesty cut but without Rose they need all the offense they can get so I doubt they amnesty Boozer right now or anytime soon.

Maybe next year they will look to trade or cut him.
not blowing it up in the sense of blowing up their core but they are not keeping their pieces anymore is more of what i meant key pieces that helped them attained that #1 record while rose endured injuries the entire season

Korver-----traded to the hawks
Brewer-----released
Osik------offer likely not matched gone to houston
watson-------released

with rose out for half a season and no true second go to guy i don't see them being no higher than a 6th seed at best i don't think hinrich will provide much but keep the boat steady till rose gets back but then what?

and keep in mind they are still trying to shop deng for a more reliable wing/scorer/picks i don't know what they are doing in chicago i don't understand why they are not going after howard it does not make any sense to me

Paul1355

All Star
not blowing it up in the sense of blowing up their core but they are not keeping their pieces anymore is more of what i meant key pieces that helped them attained that #1 record while rose endured injuries the entire season

Korver-----traded to the hawks
Brewer-----released
Osik------offer likely not matched gone to houston
watson-------released

with rose out for half a season and no true second go to guy i don't see them being no higher than a 6th seed at best i don't think hinrich will provide much but keep the boat steady till rose gets back but then what?

and keep in mind they are still trying to shop deng for a more reliable wing/scorer/picks i don't know what they are doing in chicago i don't understand why they are not going after howard it does not make any sense to me

I agree with the seeding. Without Rose the Bulls are not a top 5 team, especially with the Heat, Pacers, Celtics, Knicks, and Nets all staying the same or improving. The Bulls have taken a step back because of Rose's injury woes.

The biggest mistake was letting go C.J Watson. He was a suprise for me last year and really showed he can be a legit starter.

Heinrich is a solid PG but does not have the same offensive skill set Watson had, especially from the arc. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and Watson was a good fit.

They will still be a good team but I agree that have gotten worse and blew up their bench.
However their bench is still solid because of Taj Gibson

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Celtics are hoping to negotiate a sign-and-trade with the Mavericks for Jason Terry, which would free up their full mid-level exception for Courtney Lee.
The problem is that Dallas has no incentive to help Boston, and would likely require "a combination of young assets such as JaJuan Johnson, [E'Twaun] Moore, or perhaps Mickael Pietrus or Keyon Dooling." Lee has indicated that he's interested in signing with the Celtics, but not at the salary they can currently afford.

Source: Boston Globe

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The kobe Affect

The Lakers are reportedly interested in signing Jermaine O'Neal for the veteran's minimum.
Chronic injuries limited J.O. to just 25 games last season, and he was contemplating retirement, but it's possible that he'll sign one more deal after undergoing Orthokine therapy in Germany.
Source: ESPN Los Angeles

J.R. Smith is eager to play in the same unit as Jason Kidd, even if that means coming off the Knicks' bench this season.
"Wherever J-Kidd is, that?s where I want to be," said Smith. "It?s open shots all day. Our job is to make them. With J-Kidd, he?s finding everybody. Not only is he going to help myself and [Steve] Novak, he?s going to help our bigs." Smith may start at SG with Iman Shumpert (knee) rehabbing and Landry Fields possibly leaving to play with the Raptors, but either way he'll play solid minutes alongside Kidd.
Source: New York Post

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.com reports that the Magic are considering a trade sending Dwight Howard to the Lakers in exchange for a package of players, draft picks and salary cap relief, while Andrew Bynum would land with the Cavaliers.
This is still firmly in the 'rumor' stage, but it's intriguing since the Cavs have a ton of draft picks stockpiled, and Bynum apparently included them on his "short list" of places he'd agree to an extension. Devin Ebanks is reportedly delaying signing his contract in case he's included in a trade, but otherwise there are no substantive details to report.

Source: Alex Kennedy on Twitter

WeReady

Benchwarmer
O.J. Mayo has received interest fro the Lakers, Bulls, Suns and Mavericks.

Mayo is an unrestricted free agent after the Grizzlies elected not to give him the qualifying offer.

Mayo hopes to make a decision within the next 10 days.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz20e3XxMWC

The Bobcats have claimed Brendan Haywood off waivers.

Haywood was amnestied by the Mavericks this week.

The winning bid was $2.05 million, according to David Aldridge.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz20e3gW9Qr

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Bulls have reportedly shopped Richard Hamilton?s expiring $5 million contract, however, no team has expressed interest just yet.
Hamilton averaged just 11.6 points last season in limited action but he can still be useful on a contending team.
Source: Chicago Tribune

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The Bulls have reportedly shopped Richard Hamilton?s expiring $5 million contract, however, no team has expressed interest just yet.
Hamilton averaged just 11.6 points last season in limited action but he can still be useful on a contending team.
Source: Chicago Tribune
What happened to Kenyon Martin??

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Nets Sign C.J. Watson

Nets are looking good. Young and determined players vs. our Retirement Team. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!!

WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!

DWill singlehandedly destroyed us in his revenge against Linsanity.

We sign drunk old timers and old pepperoni foreigners, and an overweight non-motivated clusterf*ck.

They get rid of Jared Jeffferies, the heart of the team....

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Sorry you had me until the whole Jared Jeffries being the heart of the team part.

I meant emotionally. Last season he always gave 100%. , his body and motivating the team when times were down, unlike Melo or Amare, the supposedly leaders.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
we got kurt thomas and marcus camby. enforcers. to counter the CJ Watson signing I heard the Knicks will sign Sprewell or Charlie Ward

Paul1355

All Star
Nets are looking good. Young and determined players vs. our Retirement Team. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!!

WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!

DWill singlehandedly destroyed us in his revenge against Linsanity.

We sign drunk old timers and old pepperoni foreigners, and an overweight non-motivated clusterf*ck.

They get rid of Jared Jeffferies, the heart of the team....

C.J Watson is underrated and played exceptionally well for the Bulls during Rose's absence.

Watson is a solid backup with a great shot. Good move for Brooklyn.

D Will, Watson, Taylor....solid PG depth.

Paul1355

All Star
Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.com reports that the Magic are considering a trade sending Dwight Howard to the Lakers in exchange for a package of players, draft picks and salary cap relief, while Andrew Bynum would land with the Cavaliers.
This is still firmly in the 'rumor' stage, but it's intriguing since the Cavs have a ton of draft picks stockpiled, and Bynum apparently included them on his "short list" of places he'd agree to an extension. Devin Ebanks is reportedly delaying signing his contract in case he's included in a trade, but otherwise there are no substantive details to report.

Source: Alex Kennedy on Twitter

i thought the lakers traded away 4 picks to teh suns for nash which were two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks...so what assets do they really have besides Bynum?

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
C.J Watson is underrated and played exceptionally well for the Bulls during Rose's absence.

Watson is a solid backup with a great shot. Good move for Brooklyn.

D Will, Watson, Taylor....solid PG depth.

That's what I'm sayin'. Solid, reliable, dependable. Lin is still a ??? signed or on the court, an aging decaying legend, a 35 year old foreign NBA unproven pg..., an overweight unmotivated under-achiever Felton.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Suns have exercised their amnesty provision on Josh Childress.
Childress flopped after signing a five-year, $30 million deal two years ago, of which Phoenix is still on the hook for over $21 million. Waiving Childress apparently enabled the Suns' successful waiver claim for Luis Scola, and may have cleared up additional cap space for offers to free agent SGs Courtney Lee or O.J. Mayo.