Hassan Whiteside
Ben Wallace
Jonny Flynn

:crossfingers:
Make it happen Glen Grundlebald

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Hot Rumor, Amundson to Minny.

Lou Amundson has reached agreement with the Minnesota Timberwolves on a one-year guaranteed deal for the league minimum.

Amundson spent the 11-12 season with the Pacers.

Via Chris Tomasson/Fox Sports (via Twitter)

Amundson - Taken

K-Mart- available
Birdman- available
Rasheed- Available

New New York

Quiet Storm
So with Lou Almaldson (however its spelled) signing for league min on a team with Cap room it may serve as a reality check for Kenyon Martin's camp?

The only way he gets 3 million per is to play for a league min this year and making the most of it.

I suppose Birdman's open case is keeping him from being signed because he has gotten no sort of consideration beyond a Heat workout.

I know some of you say these two are a lost cause...but what other options do either of them have?

It would seem as if one of them is a Knick opening night.

finestrg

Rotation player
DJ White's on his way to China on a 1-yr deal. Heard about this the other day, I guess now it's official...Would be eligible for an NBA post-season roster when his season in China ends in March. Interesting. We should keep this guy in mind come March if any of these older bigs break down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d-j--white-signs-with-yao-ming-s-sharks.html

I also like what Charlotte did, bringing in DaJuan Summers & Jeff Adrien. I really like both guys. Have said so many times..I hope they stick.

Houston too -- brought in 2 young 6'3" guards for training camp -- Demetri McCamey (Illinois) & Kyle Fogg (Arizona). Nice moves. McCamey's was a good floor general/assist man at Illinois who can really shoot; Fogg was more of a 2 but effective overall for the Wildcats in their backcourt. I believe both guys played all 4 years before going undrafted 2 yrs ago..Daryl Morey seems like a real pain in the ass to deal with when making a trade but he deserves some credit -- the man has an eye for young talent and is willing to go the extra mile for his team. As a Knick fan, you hate this guy for his bull**** (took Donnie to the cleaners with the Jeffries for McGrady deal and he stole Lin away by upping his offer), but he's the type of guy you'd love to have as your own GM. Houston fans don't give this guy enough credit..I think he does a great job.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marquis Daniels has agreed on a one-year veteran's minimum deal with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Daniels most recently was a member of the Celtics.

Daniels' contract with the Bucks is guaranteed.

Via Sam Amick/Sports Illustrated (via Twitter)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Anthony Tolliver has agreed to a one-year deal with the Atlanta Hawks.

Tolliver spent the past two seasons with the Timberwolves.

Via Chris Tomasson/Fox Sports (via Twitter)

finestrg

Rotation player
Ian Begley@IanBegley
The #Knicks remain interested in FA Josh Howard, per a league source. @SpearsNBAYahoo reported Howard recently visited PHI & SA.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-josh-howard-just-depends-on-sheed-and-76ers/

Anyone understand this? Jesus, go get McGrady! What are we talkin' about here?!?!? You just had T-Mac in for a workout; dude played well last year for ATL, clearly showing he's got something left, and he's easily the better player over Josh Howard even at 33. Vet min. deal for Josh Howard or T-Mac? Humm, ahh, let me think about that for a sec...Come on -- the answer's a no-brainer. Unless T-Mac expressed concern about his role, PT, etc. and that gave the Knicks pause (then why work out for us?? He and his agent knew our situation going into the workout), there's no question he makes more sense than Josh Howard. Howard was awful his last couple of years in the league btw (Wash, Utah). McGrady looked good last yr. for ATL and was productive...

And I'm not buy this "one more roster spot" stuff...If they wanted both Sheed AND T-Mac on this team, they could easily make that happen. Just cut James White..Done.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Just reading that the Suns are adding Othyus Jeffers to their training camp roster. Nice move...Here's hoping he's healthy -- dude tore his knee up pretty good about a year ago in the off-season I believe... Had played real well for the Wizards after lighting it up in the D-League up to that point. Dude can ball -- definitely had a bright future ahead of him imo. I wanted the Knicks to take a look at this guy, both before and after he got hurt..Love his game. Strong, athletic, aggressive SG/SF before he went down that really brought it on both ends. Extremely capable offensive player (esp. posting up & slashing), GREAT rebounder for a wing and a shut-down defender...Just played the game like a man, not some starstruck kid feeling his way..Suns could've grabbed a real nice player here if he's made a full recovery or close to it..I'll be rooting for him.

EDIT: If he's healthy but doesn't end up making that Suns' roster for whatever reason -- I wouldn't mind the Knicks bringing him in at all. Definitely a Mike Woodson-type player all the way. Picture Ronnie Brewer, a tad shorter (looks long with big hands though), but even stronger and better offensively. I see a little Ruben Patterson/PJ Tucker in Jeffers as well...He'd fit in perfectly here with our coach and this new defensive-minded roster/philosphy they've put together. Again, IF he's healthy...Big if.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
The Lakers signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a "camp deal." I wanted CDR before we got Brewer and then after Brew got hurt for insurance. Just sayin'. He's a better talent than Brewer imo. We'll have to see man -- If we were aggressive enough, we could've gotten this guy. No question. Obviously didn't come down to a playing time thing for CDR -- he's going to a situation where their best player plays his position & will play 35-40 mins a night, and then he will have to battle it out for leftover mins. with Jodie Meeks and maybe even Darius Johnson-Odom if that kid makes the club...CDR obviously wants to win and we could've offered him the same winning atmosphere over here plus a starting role right off the bat (at least until Brewer got back). I've been wrong a million times and I hope I'm wrong on Brewer. Just reading Begley's column over at ESPN and he's saying Brew's about 2-3 weeks away from game action. I hope they don't rush this dude back... I respect the move I guess -- Brewer is a Woody kind of player and we got him cheap...I still don't get the James White signing though...Think about it -- CDR or James White? I hope I'm wrong on White too but I just don't see that move at all..

CA7

Scoring Champ
The Lakers signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a "camp deal." I wanted CDR before we got Brewer and then after Brew got hurt for insurance. Just sayin'. He's a better talent than Brewer imo. We'll have to see man -- If we were aggressive enough, we could've gotten this guy. No question. Obviously didn't come down to a playing time thing for CDR -- he's going to a situation where their best player plays his position & will play 35-40 mins a night, and then he will have to battle it out for leftover mins. with Jodie Meeks and maybe even Darius Johnson-Odom if that kid makes the club...CDR obviously wants to win and we could've offered him the same winning atmosphere over here plus a starting role right off the bat (at least until Brewer got back). I've been wrong a million times and I hope I'm wrong on Brewer. Just reading Begley's column over at ESPN and he's saying Brew's about 2-3 weeks away from game action. I hope they don't rush this dude back... I respect the move I guess -- Brewer is a Woody kind of player and we got him cheap...I still don't get the James White signing though...Think about it -- CDR or James White? I hope I'm wrong on White too but I just don't see that move at all..

I think we need another shooter preferably someone to come off screens and hit the trey ball, who you think we should look at

finestrg

Rotation player
I think we need another shooter preferably someone to come off screens and hit the trey ball, who you think we should look at

That's a good point. CDR, as good as I think he is, isn't that type of player. That's true..I think Copeland could be that guy bro -- he's got a good stroke and I applaud the Knicks for finding him -- I just wish he was more of a 2G 'cause there's a need there right now. I see talent there with Cope but not the type of mobility it takes to play SG on either end. He's more of a 3, even seen some talk about him playing some 4. He probably makes the club but I don't see where he gets time -- Novak's an ELITE shooter that's gonna play. He'll back up both Melo & STAT. Then there are guys like Camby & KT that'll see time at backup 4...Unfortunately, it might take an injury for Cope to eventually find his way on the floor...Hopefully I'm wrong and Cope can handle some 2. It'd be great to get his shooting on the floor somehow with a guy like Novak and not instead of...I don't see Flight White as a shooting threat at all. That's never been his forte...So yeah, another shooter (a legit knock-down 40% 3-pt shooting type), preferably a 2G, would be welcomed. No idea who though at this stage -- it's kind of late in the game. Training camp starts today. Practically all the better FAs that were out there are off the board...Even young shooters I like that would've fit the bill, guys like Jamelle Horne, KC Rivers, Scotty Hopson, Austin Freeman, etc., prob. have all signed on in Europe somewhere by now. If we wanted to take a flyer on one of those dudes, we really needed to do so weeks ago..Slim pickins at this point. This is probably the team at this point, sink or swim. I feel good about the squad, just wish there was a little more depth at the 2 to start off (along with maybe 1 more young big up front). I wanna see us start off red hot -- go to Brooklyn opening night, beat the friggin' pants off those wannabes, shut this idiot Prokhorov up, and never look back..Hopefully they know what they're doing with Brewer and don't rush him back too quickly. I still can't believe they're saying he'll be ready by the opener -- I feel like he just had surgery! Thank God JR agreed to come back at such a bargin. We'd really be up the creek if he bolted on us. Probably owe him one now. I betcha there's already a handshake deal in place to re-up JR in the neighborhood of 4-yrs, $28-32M when the time comes.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
That's a good point. CDR, as good as I think he is, isn't that type of player. That's true..I think Copeland could be that guy bro -- he's got a good stroke and I applaud the Knicks for finding him -- I just wish he was more of a 2G 'cause there's a need there right now. I see talent there with Cope but not the type of mobility it takes to play SG on either end. He's more of a 3, even seen some talk about him playing some 4. He probably makes the club but I don't see where he gets time -- Novak's an ELITE shooter that's gonna play. He'll back up both Melo & STAT. Then there are guys like Camby & KT that'll see time at backup 4...Unfortunately, it might take an injury for Cope to eventually find his way on the floor...Hopefully I'm wrong and Cope can handle some 2. It'd be great to get his shooting on the floor somehow with a guy like Novak...I don't see Flight White as a shooting threat at all. That's never been his forte...So yeah, another shooter (a legit knock-down 40% 3-pt shooting type), preferably a 2G, would be welcomed. No idea who though at this stage -- it's kind of late in the game. Training camp starts today. Practically all the better FAs that we're out there are off the board...Even young guys I like that can shoot it and would've fit the bill, guys like Jamelle Horne, KC Rivers, etc., have signed on in Europe somewhere. If we wanted to take a flyer on one of those dudes, we really needed to do so weeks ago..Slim pickins at this point. This is probably the team at this point, sink or swim. I feel good about the squad, just wish there was a little more depth at the 2 to start off. I wanna see us start off red hot -- go to Brooklyn opening night, beat the friggin' pants off those wannabes, shut this idiot Prokhorov up, and never look back..Hopefully they know what they're doing with Brewer and don't rush him back too quickly. I still can't believe they're saying he'll be ready by the opener -- I feel like he just had surgery! Thank God JR agreed to come back at such a bargin. We'd really be up the creek if he bolted on us. Probably owe him one now. I betcha there's already a handshake deal in place to re-up JR in the neighborhood of 4-yrs, $28-32M when the time comes.

Yeah thats the one place we need to improve a shooter who can run off the baseline screens and hit the corner and wing 3 at like 43% and defend a little

I was praying, praying and praying for us to grab Kyle Korver from Chicago he D's up and hits that 3 so damn smooth

Hopefully we can make a mid season move of some kind and grab him from Atlanta since he's stuck in large depth area

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Knicks Sign Rasheed Wallace

October 03, 01:54 PM EDT

NEW YORK, October 3, 2012 ? New York Knickerbockers Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations and General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has signed free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Wallace, 6-11, 230-pounds, holds career averages of 14.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.33 blocks over 33.0 minutes in 1,088 games (956 starts) over 15 seasons with Washington, Portland, Atlanta, Detroit and Boston. He is a four-time NBA All Star (2000, 2001, 2006, 2008), who won an NBA Championship with Detroit in 2004, alongside then-assistant coach Mike Woodson.
He last played for Boston in 2009-10, averaging 9.0 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists over 22.5 minutes in 79 regular season games (13 starts) and 6.1 points and 3.0 rebounds over 17.1 minutes in 24 postseason games (one start). He was originally selected by Washington in the first round (fourth overall) of 1995 NBA Draft, following his sophomore season at the University of North Carolina.

finestrg

Rotation player
Dominique Morrison?

Dominique Morrison was just waived by the N.O. Hornets. 6'6" 210 lb. SG/SF, undrafted outta Oral Roberts. Summit League POY last year..Numbers were very impressive in college, esp. the last 2 years:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/oral-roberts/dominique-morrison

Looks like he's got the requisite size for an NBA wing, he can score, shot a high % from the floor (over 40% from 3 2 yrs. in a row), got to the line often and hit his FTs at a good clip.

I've never seen this kid play. Anyone have a scouting report on him? Not too much out there on the Net about him. Anyone seen him play? How's the strength, quickness, athleticism, etc.? With our injuries at 2G, maybe we take an immediate flyer on this kid -- if not for training camp, maybe we offer him a spot on the Erie Bayhawks. He wouldn't be part of the 15-man, but if he went to our DL affiliate and played well, and say James White or Copeland proved they weren't NBA players, we could quickly swap out either guy for Morrison and offer him a contract before someone else did...People slept on Wes Matthews Jr. outta Marquette a few years back and that kid wound up being an NBA player...I'd look into this kid if I'm Glen & Allan.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dominique Morrison was just waived by the N.O. Hornets. 6'6" 210 lb. SG/SF, undrafted outta Oral Roberts. Summit League POY last year..Numbers were very impressive in college, esp. the last 2 years:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/oral-roberts/dominique-morrison

Looks like he's got the requisite size for an NBA wing, he can score, shot a high % from the floor (over 40% from 3 2 yrs. in a row), got to the line often and hit his FTs at a good clip.

I've never seen this kid play. Anyone have a scouting report on him? Not too much out there on the Net about him. Anyone seen him play? How's the strength, quickness, athleticism, etc.? With our injuries at 2G, maybe we take an immediate flyer on this kid -- if not for training camp, maybe we offer him a spot on the Erie Bayhawks. He wouldn't be part of the 15-man, but if he went to our DL affiliate and played well, and say James White or Copeland proved they weren't NBA players, we could quickly swap out either guy for Morrison and offer him a contract before someone else did...People slept on Wes Matthews Jr. outta Marquette a few years back and that kid wound up being an NBA player...I'd look into this kid if I'm Glen & Allan.

usually when we need info on an unknown player we go to you, our resident scout :teeth: