Official Free Agency Thread

WeReady

Benchwarmer
According to beat writer Mike Wells, the Pacers will match the Blazers' offer sheet for Roy Hibbert, worth approximately $59 million over four years.
The Pacers had seemingly been wavering in their resolve to pay so much for Hibbert, but given the NBA market it's not a bad deal for an All-Star caliber center. His numbers continue to improve, and last season he averaged 12.8 points on 49.7 percent FGs and 71.1 percent FTs, 8.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.0 blocks.
Source: Mike Wells on Twitter

Wargames

Starter
According to beat writer Mike Wells, the Pacers will match the Blazers' offer sheet for Roy Hibbert, worth approximately $59 million over four years.
The Pacers had seemingly been wavering in their resolve to pay so much for Hibbert, but given the NBA market it's not a bad deal for an All-Star caliber center. His numbers continue to improve, and last season he averaged 12.8 points on 49.7 percent FGs and 71.1 percent FTs, 8.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.0 blocks.
Source: Mike Wells on Twitter

whats crazy is Amare did 17/7 but the media loves to yell how overpaid he is. I mean they have a point that he can't play defense but if Dirk could learn to carry his weight defensively Amare should be able to as well.

skisloper

Starter
whats crazy is Amare did 17/7 but the media loves to yell how overpaid he is. I mean they have a point that he can't play defense but if Dirk could learn to carry his weight defensively Amare should be able to as well.

Amare just does not play good defense...he is a liability on the court defensively........worse case throw camby in with Chandler...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
We're not even looking at Foye apparently :/

Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
@NickDiGi17 @TommyDeeTKB Look out for Houston, the Bucks and Atlanta

Paul1355

All Star
I'm hoping to try and swing a trade for Tayshaun Prince

Problem is it means losing out on Camby

Kidd gets the MLE

use the scrub package Douglas, Gadzuric, Jordan, Harrellson and some cash plus a pick for Prince, this guarantees Detroit major cap room in 2013 after using the amnesty clause on Villanueva

We can then sign Jared Jeffries back and use the bi annual exception on Kenyon Martin and a vet minimum salary for Daniel Orton a guy who could learn from Chandler after getting no shot in Orlando

Then re-signing JR and Novak probably bringing on Junior Junior Swish as our 3rd PG gives us a very good roster

G- Lin/Kidd/Smith
G- Smith/White/Shumpert
F- Anthony/Prince/Novak
F- Stoudemire/Martin
C- Chandler/Jeffries/Orton

Prince could act as our Battier
Martin as our Haslem

2 guys who add to our already solid defense pushing us into elite category

thanks for the rep point

CA7

Scoring Champ
We need to contact Raja Bell and this off-season will be complete after matching Lin and re-signing JR and Giraffes

WeReady

Benchwarmer
J.R. Smith chooses to re-sign with #Knicks for 2-year, $5.6 million deal with a player option for 2nd year Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

Paul1355

All Star
J.R. Smith chooses to re-sign with #Knicks for 2-year, $5.6 million deal with a player option for 2nd year Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

great news, most likely he will opt out of 2nd year to get a long term deal since we would have his bird rights

I knew he would sign here because Woodson's trust in him. That is why Woodson is a good coach, he gives playing time to guys that deserve it. Giving J.R big minutes and bringing down Landry's was something Mike D just refused to do since he had favorites....Woodys favorites are those that deserve it.

Good for J.R good for us too.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Dwight Howard trade saga will sludge on into Tuesday as the multi-team deal continues to evolve.
The Nets and Magic have swapped medical records on Howard and Brook Lopez, and the only piece that has changed since our last update is that MarShon Brooks could be heading to the Bobcats and not the Clippers. The Bobcats' involvement would also take the Cavs out of the equation, too. This slow moving, albeit dominating story has been eye-balled for an end on Wednesday, but as usual it could break at any time.
Source: Bob Finnan on Twitter

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
As for the New York Nuggets, there were preliminary discussions about Kenyon Martin to Knicks in a 3-team deal but talks have cooled

Paul1355

All Star
They cut him but he's still on their payroll and they can trade his contract in a sign and trade

better check that out because I have been studying rumors like it is my job and I have not seen one reporter talk about Balkman at all. I don't think they can use his contract because he was cut....Douglas, Harrelson, Gadzuric and Jordan were all signed for next year or had partial contracts...

I believe once you are cut you cant be used in a trade.

Rob Low

Rotation player
better check that out because I have been studying rumors like it is my job and I have not seen one reporter talk about Balkman at all. I don't think they can use his contract because he was cut....Douglas, Harrelson, Gadzuric and Jordan were all signed for next year or had partial contracts...

I believe once you are cut you cant be used in a trade.

LAS VEGAS -- The Knicks met with Marcus Camby Sunday in Houston and hoped to return to New York with an agreement with the veteran center.
A league source said the Knicks and Nets have been the most aggressive teams chasing Camby. According to one report, those two teams are considered the frontrunners to land the 38-year-old in a sign-and-trade with Houston. But the Nets also were trying to land a younger big man, Dwight Howard, and that likely would use up many of the assets needed for Camby.
Neither the Knicks nor Nets have much to offer him without a sign-and-trade. The Knicks are expected to use the $3.09-million taxpayer midlevel on Jason Kidd and the Nets will give theirs to European forward Mirza Teletovic.
The Heat also was in the mix for Camby. But after giving the mini-midlevel to Ray Allen, Miami would need to do a sign-and-trade for him. The Spurs and Mavericks also have expressed interest.
The Knicks have four players with deals that expire after the upcoming season: Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric, Josh Harrellson and Jerome Jordan. They also have Renaldo Balkman's expiring contract on their payroll and up to $3 million they can include in trades. But they wouldn't part with all of that for Camby. The Knicks would like to use those assets to make multiple deals for veterans (perhaps Randy Foye) through sign-and-trades and then fill out their roster by inking players to minimum contracts.
Camby would provide rebounding, shot-blocking and a defensive presence off the bench. He played with the Knicks from 1999-2002 and helped them reach the 1999 NBA Finals. He has career averages of 9.7 points, 9.9 rebounds and 2.4 blocks. He spent six seasons playing with Carmelo Anthony in Denver, and Anthony said he planned to call Camby to recruit him.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...lead-the-pack-in-marcus-camby-chase-1.3826273