Official Free Agency Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

Hmmmm....
DEFENSE OR GTFO iv'e given up believing anything that comes out Amare's mouth, because when he steps on the court it's a big disappointment. Words aint $hit get on the court and prove it Amare.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

Stay away from the kitchen draw
:teeth: man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes

WeReady

Benchwarmer
:teeth: man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes

we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over

Forrest17

Rotation player
I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

Pro career:
Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)
I wonder why no one ever brought him over before.. Especially around 2007 when he seemed to be winning everything lol.. I mean Ricky Rubio was pretty meh statistically in the spanish league yet he is tearing it apart over here..

Forrest17

Rotation player
@Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

Hmmmm....

him training to hard is what screwed us over last season. He put on way too much muscle and it ruined his jump. He got blocked every dunk attempt by guys half his height

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over
I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

Knicks- Match for Fields

Then

Knicks S&T with Raptors

Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

Lin/Kidd/Pablo
Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
Melo/Forbes/White
Amare/Novak/Jeffries
Chandler/Camby

WeReady

Benchwarmer
I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

Knicks- Match for Fields

Then

Knicks S&T with Raptors

Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

Lin/Kidd/Pablo
Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
Melo/Forbes/White
Amare/Novak/Jeffries
Chandler/Camby

i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out
oh ok i got you i see what your saying, thanks for info.

& Sonny weems eh not thrilled with signing him when we have James white. Weems is Fields 2.0 it wouldn't be much of an upgrade he cant shoot. If we could pull off the S&T with the pacers for Dahntay jones and grab Kenyon martin or jeffries off vet min im satisfied with this off-season. If not we should be looking for a consistent SG on vet min that can catch & shoot as well as spread the court for us.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Just going up online: Mavs on verge of signing All-Star center Chris Kaman. Deal should be finalized later Wednesday

WeReady

Benchwarmer
NBA.com's David Aldridge is reporting that Brook Lopez will re-sign with the Nets on a four-year deal.
The big news here is that the Nets will have to wait an entire year to trade Lopez without his OK, and also signals the official end to talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard. Lopez should have a good season in Brooklyn, as long as his ankle is fully healed by the time it starts.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Clippers offered and Blake Griffin has accepted a five-year, $95 million max extension to his contract with the Clippers, reports Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. This is a ?Rose rule? deal allows him to get 30 percent of the team?s cap space in his second contract, so long as he makes next season?s All-Star team. Which is pretty much a given.

Meaning No Chris Paul will he or won't he next summer

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Raptors officially signed SG Landry Fields to an offer sheet on Thursday.
The deal is for three years and $19 million, which many folks think is too rich for the Knicks to match. They still haven't said they won't, but the overwhelming sentiment from various writers is that the Knicks will likely let him walk.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
NBA.com's David Aldridge is reporting that Brook Lopez will re-sign with the Nets on a four-year deal.
The big news here is that the Nets will have to wait an entire year to trade Lopez without his OK, and also signals the official end to talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard. Lopez should have a good season in Brooklyn, as long as his ankle is fully healed by the time it starts.
Cant believe lopez gettin a max deal. Lets hear Stephen A Smithtell me how much bettter brooklyn is now..You know he wrote that article thinking they were getting DH.

Paul1355

All Star
Cant believe lopez gettin a max deal. Lets hear Stephen A Smithtell me how much bettter brooklyn is now..You know he wrote that article thinking they were getting DH.

he said numerous times on espn radio that even without dwight and having Lopez and Humphries that the Nets are still better....which is retarded

He underestimates what a full training camp with a stable roster and legit head coach will do for this team.

He underestimates Jeremy Lin starting for a whole season and how important he is for this team and how he makes everyone else better.

He underestimates how the additions of Jason Kidd and Camby will help us so much...we didnt even have legit backups at PG and C last season.

This is a much better team and the Knicks are better than the Nets.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
ESPN's Ric Bucher is reporting that the Trail Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a deal that would send Portland free-agent forward Nicolas Batum to Minnesota for two future first-round draft picks and a veteran small forward acquired from a third team.
It's possible the third team's player is Kyle Korver from the Bulls, but that's just speculation on earlier rumors. The Blazers have been saying all week that they will match any offer Batum receives, but the addition of draft picks and a replacement player has apparently caught Portland's interest. If the deal can't be completed by Wednesday night, the Wolves are set to officially sign Batum to an offer sheet, which the Blazers would have three days to match.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
he said numerous times on espn radio that even without dwight and having Lopez and Humphries that the Nets are still better....which is retarded

He underestimates what a full training camp with a stable roster and legit head coach will do for this team.

He underestimates Jeremy Lin starting for a whole season and how important he is for this team and how he makes everyone else better.

He underestimates how the additions of Jason Kidd and Camby will help us so much...we didnt even have legit backups at PG and C last season.

I agree with you 100% they have a nice backcourt but we have a better overall team he fails to mention that everyone was injured on our team and thinks that we are coming back into the season injured with the same roster which docent make since....remember everyone underestimated the ny giants an we went on to win the super ball so let the hater hate

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Mavericks will reportedly use their amnesty clause on center Brendan Haywood.
This comes on the heels of them signing Chris Kaman, and should clear the way for Kaman to be the full-time center in Dallas.

Paul1355

All Star
The Mavericks will reportedly use their amnesty clause on center Brendan Haywood.
This comes on the heels of them signing Chris Kaman, and should clear the way for Kaman to be the full-time center in Dallas.

dallas needed a big man desperately.

Cuban made such a mistake not keep Tyson Chandler.

Kaman is under rated and can give you 18 ppg and 10 rebounds any given night.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Blazers have officially waived Shawne Williams.
Williams was bought out last week and should at least draw a few minimum offers as a free agent, if he's not claimed off waivers.
Source: Trail Blazers on Twitter

Forrest17

Rotation player
Donnie Walsh CONTINUES to insanely overpay in trades.

he just traded Darren Collison AND Dahntay Jones to the mavericks for Ian Mahinmi...

What is up with this guy and paying TOP DOLLAR on every trade. We should match laundry and then trade him to the pacers for Roy Hibbert I bet he would be stupid enough to do it.

Red

TYPE-A

I feel you.

The dramatic turn-around wasn't enough?

From one of the wrost defenses to one of the best?

Fielding the DPOY?

Melo's resurgence?

Lins' discovery?

The 18-6 record under Woody?

Those Blow-out, All-cylinder clicking games we had under Woody, when we throttled the competition?

None of things convinced him?

The addition of savvy vets?

A full training camp?

A healthier STAT?

Wow!:cool: