Official Free Agency Thread

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
According to Gather.com there is breaking news tonight that the Oklahoma City Thunder may be throwing their hat into the Dwight Howard trade rumor sweepstakes.

"BREAKING NEWS: The OKC Thunder are now in the Dwight Howard talks! OKC might give a trade to the Magic. Magic get Harden, Perkins, Maynor and possibly some draft picks."

http://www.examiner.com/article/nba...ard-to-thunder-would-put-okc-as-favorite-west
IMO thats the best deal for Dwight!
Hardens a boss! Perkins lays down the D and the draft picks are beautiful.

Dwight needs to realize thats where he'd win a ring.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ I thought Harden's new contract includes a clause that guarantees him he isn't going to get traded from OKC before the contract expires.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Bucks are pursuing unrestricted free agents Joel Przybilla and Jodie Meeks.

Przybilla has drawn interest from the Mavericks, Bulls, and Blazers and is expected to meet with Milwaukee later this week.

Meeks is reportedly considering overtures from the Lakers and Wizards.

Via Gery Woelfel/Racine Journal Times

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@MySportsLegion
The Rockets and free agent forward Carlos Delfino are close to finalizing a one year deal, with a player option for year two.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Have Kenyon Martin/Shawne William's recieved interest from any teams. Guess K-Mart must be holding out hoping for more money, can't say we don't have one hell of a recruiting team.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I'd be surprised if KMart doesn't go to a contender at this point of his career. With that being said, I hope he goes nowhere near BK or Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I'd be surprised if KMart doesn't go to a contender at this point of his career. With that being said, I hope he goes nowhere near BK or Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see him doing BK, Humphries, Evans and Teletovic are lined up at their 4 spot.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Carl Landy and the Warriors have reached agreement on a two-year, $8 million deal.

Landry signed a one-year deal with the Hornets last offseason.

Landry will presumably backup David Lee at the power forward position.

Via Marcus Thompson II/Contra Costa Times (via Twitter)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Carl Landy and the Warriors have reached agreement on a two-year, $8 million deal.

Landry signed a one-year deal with the Hornets last offseason.

Landry will presumably backup David Lee at the power forward position.

Via Marcus Thompson II/Contra Costa Times (via Twitter)
They wanted Kmart!
Either means Kmart is asking WAY too much or he told them he wants someone else

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Clippers have acquired Willie Green in a sign-and-trade agreement with the Hawks for Sofoklis Schortsanitis.

A nine-year NBA veteran, Green has averaged 9.1 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists over his career.

Via RealGM Staff Report

I think the clippers are putting together a solid team

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
They wanted Kmart!
Either means Kmart is asking WAY too much or he told them he wants someone else
Warriors never get what they want lol i think they wanted Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler as well in the past.

I like the addition of Landry for them, he's a big body with solid defense and can hit the mid-range shot, he just needs to work on his rebounding he's only 28 i think its a good pickup for them in the longer run because their not competing for anything yet.

As for K-Mart the Warriors could of afforded him, i just think K-Mart is looking in a different direction maybe it's not about the money this time around, and if he is trying to get big money i cant see anybody throwing him big bucks he's a nice rotation player and all but at this point in his career he's like what 34 going on 35 no way is he getting this big money he may want. The money in the FA market is drying up pretty quick some players will have to SETTLE for what they can get.

Whats left for K-Mart

Nets? Evans, Teletovic, Humps --- cover their PF/C positions

Clippers? Thompkins, Odom, Turiaf, Hollins... they seem stacked down low plus they just signed Willie Green so they cant offer much, but vet min i think.

Their are other landing spots if he's out for money, but why would someone throw millions and millions for a 35 year old Kenyon Martin, the most he should be receiving is the BAE.. he'll get the MLE if he's lucky. I cant see him signing with teams like "the warriors, Bobcats, pistons etc etc... I think he wants the Money but also wants to contend in the playoffs

If he signs with the Knicks, i'd be thrilled... imagine that Jason kidd and Kenyon Martin 2 players most Knicks fans disliked when they were on the Nets and making noise

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@MikeAScotto
Tracy "T-Mac" McGrady is working on a deal with the Chicago Bulls (via @dan_bernstein). Speculation is a one-year minimum deal. #freeagency

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Sam Amick
Back from vacation & free agency continues: the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today "barring unforeseen problems." Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old's fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Matt Barnes arrested on traffic violation, resisting arrest

The cops just busted one of the NBA's most unapologetic tough guys in Los Angeles.

Manhattan Beach police arrested Matt Barnes, a free agent forward who spent the last two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, for a traffic violation and for resisting arrest on Monday night.

CBS Los Angeles reports that Barnes' bail was set for $51,000 after Barnes was "uncooperative" and "allegedly threatened" a police officer.

Manhattan Beach police Lt. Steve Tobias said Barnes was arrested late Monday as he was walking on a busy thoroughfare in the city about 20 miles southwest of downtown Los Angeles. Bail was set at $51,000.

Tobias said Barnes wasn't cooperative when he was stopped by police and was going to be booked for allegedly threatening the officer, which is a felony.

Authorities said the warrant was for driving on a suspended license.

Barnes, 32, averaged 7.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 22.9 minutes per game last season.

Known for picking fights and talking trash on the court, Barnes was suspended from a California pro-am league during the lockout for allegedly punching an opponent. During the 2010-11 season, Barnes threw a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach to the ground during an in-game skirmish and early in the 2011-12 season he shoved Los Angeles Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the ground, earning a flagrant foul. He was also arrested on a domestic violence charge back in September 2010 but was not charged in the incident.

On July 10, the Los Angeles Times reported that the Lakers "aren't expected" to re-sign Barnes after the team signed 23-year-old forward Devin Ebanks to a one-year contract.

A 9-year NBA veteran, Barnes' career has included stops with the Clippers, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Orlando Magic and the Lakers.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Brandon Rush has reached agreement on a two-year, $8 million deal to stay with Golden State, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Report: Knicks like Kenyon Martin, but he wants to be paid

Kurt Helin

Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT

The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.

There are a few guys out there, but the Kenyon Martin seems to fit pretty well with the Knicks style and what they want to do. But? there?s a complication, tweets Jared Zwerling of ESPN:

Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he?d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won?t sign for min.

The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.

Martin?s options are drying up ? the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....s-like-kenyon-martin-but-he-wants-to-be-paid/

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
You know what,I cant fault it,id wanna get paid too.
But man by the time I was this far in my career id want to win.