Official Free Agency Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Magic would get Gasol+Affolo+1st nder for the best C in the league.

ORL clearly just didn't want to send D12 to his desired destination or keep him in the same conference because that Nyets deal was way better in terms of assets. Gasol is def better than Lopez but at least they would've had a good younger center in return.

Lakers always paying .50 on the dollar.

Edit:
After doing some research, I found out that head-to-head they average nearly the same stats. (6 games total)
Gasol vs Lopez
21.8 vs 22.8ppg
10.3 vs 9.7 rbs

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=gasolpa01

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Lakers are set to acquire Dwight Howard in a four-team trade involving the Magic, Nuggets and Sixers.

A source tells Marc Stein that a trade call has been scheduled with the NBA league office for Friday morning.

The reported deal would send Howard to the Lakers, Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Sixers, while the Magic would receive at least Arron Afflalo, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless and a first round pick from each of the other teams.

It was reported earlier on Thursday that Pau Gasol would be included in a trade, but sources indicate that he will remain with the Lakers.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

CoolClyde

how the hell do the Lakers keep Gasol? if it was Dolan making the decisions, he would've traded away 1/2 the team for DwightHo!

so essentially LA is trading Bynum and draft pick(s) for Howard...?
amazing.. smh

Dolan should be ashamed of himself seeing how things get done smartly and efficiently by west coasters.

KingCharles34

All Star
Damn it looks like Kobes gettin number 6...I dont mind as long as its not the Knicks that the Lakers beat in the Finals. We got our own obstacles to get through in the east with the Heat, Scumtics, and perhaps the Pacers and 76ers. Although im not sure how big of a fan i am of the trade for Philly. Getting Bynum is huge but losing Iguodalar hurts in my opinion, he does some of everything.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Ugh. Well thank you magic for being completely stupid and not sending Dwight to the Nets even though they clearly had a better deal for you.

on the brightside, Just 2 less teams in the east we have to worry about now

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Ugh. Well thank you magic for being completely stupid and not sending Dwight to the Nets even though they clearly had a better deal for you.

on the brightside, Just 2 less teams in the east we have to worry about now

The 76ers improved after the Howard trade, IMHO.

They got :
Holiday
Turner
Dorrell Wright
Thad Young
Bynum

Bench:
Hawes
Kwame
Jason Richardson
*edit* Nick Young (?!)

Its gonna be a battle for that Atlantic Division crown next season... even the Craptors improved a little.

Last edited:

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

They got :
Holiday
Turner
Dorrell Wright
Thad Young
Bynum

Bench:
Hawes
Kwame
Jason Richardson

Its gonna be a battle for that Atlantic Division crown next season... even the Craptors improved a little.

Yea, as along as Brown tells the team, Bynum's the numer 1 option.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Jodie Meeks has agreed to a two-year, $3 million deal with the Lakers.

Meeks was most recently with the 76ers and will give the Lakers depth as a wing scorer off the bench.

Via Mark Medina/Los Angeles Times

These guys are having the off-season of their life man lol

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

They got :
Holiday
Turner
Dorrell Wright
Thad Young
Bynum

Bench:
Hawes
Kwame
Jason Richardson
*edit* Nick Young (?!)

That team is pretty good but still a less talented version of Denver. They got Bynum who is great, but still has injury and maturity concerns. Even if he does step up and prove he can be a no. 1 option, who is going to guard the better perimeter players around the league? Melo, Lebron, D-Wade etc will be able to put up career highs against this lineup. Very good offensively now, but Iggy was a huge part of their defense last season and I think they will suffer just as much as the gained with him leaving.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Jodie Meeks has agreed to a two-year, $3 million deal with the Lakers.

Meeks was most recently with the 76ers and will give the Lakers depth as a wing scorer off the bench.

Via Mark Medina/Los Angeles Times

These guys are having the off-season of their life man lol

Wow.. Lakers have a stacked team full of former MVPs, DPOYs, and ****.

Its pretty crazy how they get these guys. How does their front office do this?!!

CoolClyde

Wow.. Lakers have a stacked team full of former MVPs, DPOYs, and ****.

Its pretty crazy how they get these guys. How does their front office do this?!!

read the Wiki's of Lakers' owner Jerry Buss vs Knicks' owner James Dolan.

one is a businessman who earned his dollars, the other was born with a silver spoon
in his mouth and has NO business sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Buss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_L._Dolan

read it and weep
:boohoo:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
he will choose lakers, doesnt have to lift a finger to win that ring next season..

if he chooses knicks, that a huge mountain to climb to actually win

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I guess he is another valuable piece off the bench that will help make us one of the best defensive teams, but im kind of concerned how much effort he will give based on his willingness to hold out for more than the Vet's min. Seems like he is thinking 'well sh!t, might as well just go there then' when it comes to us.

Wish more of our players had Brewer's attitude, he has blown me away and got me real excited for the upcoming season.

I hope this means Jr Smith's brother is cut and not Chris Copeland. He could be a good 3rd string SF.