Official Free Agency Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
2m Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports

SMH

our front office needs to stop sitting on their a$$, daydreaming about Nash sure he would be nice to have but it ain't end of the world... it feels like everyone is making moves Minus us.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports

SMH

our front office needs to stop sitting on their a$$, daydreaming about Nash sure he would be nice to have but it ain't end of the world... it feels like everyone is making moves Minus us.

Im with you. It seems like it was Nash or bust for grunwald.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

SMH

If they get Dwight too...crown them.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
If they get Dwight too...crown them.

Dude, if Nets get Dwight, forget it, that's the death balls.

Brooklyn is instantly on same level as Miami, and the Knicks are on outside looking in.

I hear a vacuum and it's sucking the fans away from Garden.

Prediction: they tear Garden down within 10 years and Knicks are moved to Kansas.

Hahahahaha, nah, I don't really think the prediction will come through, but it's not going to be pretty for Fat Dolan.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Dude, if Nets get Dwight, forget it, that's the death balls.

Brooklyn is instantly on same level as Miami, and the Knicks are on outside looking in.

I hear a vacuum and it's sucking the fans away from Garden.

Prediction: they tear Garden down within 10 years and Knicks are moved to Kansas.

Hahahahaha, nah, I don't really think the prediction will come through, but it's not going to be pretty for Fat Dolan.
Personally I believe you got D.Will D12 Wallace and Joe Johnson and they become better than the Heat

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Personally I believe you got D.Will D12 Wallace and Joe Johnson and they become better than the Heat

I forgot about Wallace!

That's a disgusting line-up. The rebounding is locked up between Wallace and DHowwww and Wallace is a good 1 on 1 defender, he'll shut them down man down hands down.

Plus they got the Bosnian we were talking about here, the Teletovic guy. If he comes in, drops a couple treys off the bench for them, that's ridiculous.

At the least they are equal to Miami, but you can easily make a case that they are stronger. DHowwww on Nets makes them my personal favorite for the next championship.

pat

Starter
Nash's game fits perfectly to bring back STAT, but what about Carmelo?

Carmelo's game doe not fit with anybody's but his own. So I can't see your point.

For next year, I am not assuming that we are going to be contenders, as Melo is on the team. It's the same on here each and every year. During offseason we talk ourselfs into that role, next come the season previews, evertybody gets agitated because we are ranked so low, in the end they turn out to be correct.

The point that New York is such a big market is our weakest point: They make enough money with us not winning. So the NBA, shoe companies etc. cash the NY money and some extra in a smaller market by turning them into championship calibre teams (e.g. OKC).

Melo is the ideal player for that: He arouses enough emotions to sell shoes but it's clear to anybody vaguely familiar with the game of basketball that with his style he is not going to be a real threat.

We can tweak our line up as much as we want, we are not going to win it all. We will stay in the race for the playoffs, we might even advance into the second round in order to keep people's hopes alive but in the end a smaller (not necessarily small) market team will win it all.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
@DeronWilliams made a tough decision today...

photo.jpg

How do you guys feel about this?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Housekeeping note: Rockets swingman Courtney Lee is now an unrestricted free agent after Rockets withdraw his qualifying offer
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Now Nash will for sure go to dallas. As long as raptors dont get him I could care less
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Mavs' PG priorities from here, sources say, are Nash and Jeremy Lin and re-signing J-Kidd. Team has not yet decided if it'll pursue Dragic

Please please please knicks
i got $50 Kidd is pulling a grant hill on us :lol: but i did run into this

Can Pelister ‏@Can_SB
Jason Kidd will sign w/ New York Knicks, a source close to Kidd told me.

^^^ dont know who that is or how accurate it may be lol, hell if you read his twitter you wouldn't know half the $hit he's speaking on their unless you understand that language lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
@DeronWilliams made a tough decision today...

photo.jpg

How do you guys feel about this?

he stated what we've all know for months-well myself at least. no way nets were gonna let em go.

as for the kidd news, i honestly dont know what to think. money is question but his leadership and experience is invaluable. i just dont know

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns agree to a Maximum Offer sheet worth $58 million over 4 years, sources said.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Just saw on NBA tv that J. Terry and the Celtics agreed on a 3 year deal. I guess that leaves Ray Allen available.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Jesus ****ing Christ! How can our front office stand pat doing absolutely nothing while the decent free agents are finding homes elsewhere?
So far it seems they are waiting on Steve Nash decision or they could possibly be figuring out a new package to get Nash since Toronto F*cked us over and offered Fields a whopping 3 yr 20mill deal in which we cant use Fields as our asset to sign and trade for Nash anymore

Basically it feels like the knicks just want Nash and are playing the waiting game.

Besides that, Grunwald is "seeing what our restricted Free agents are worth before signing them"

yeah i feel your pain, i like Nash myself but he's not worth all the speculation other teams are improving and we are sitting here at war with the damn raptors :teeth:.. before we know it all the good FA's are gone and we have to sign garbage :boohoo: