Official Free Agency Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Leandro Barbosa has agreed to a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics.

Barbosa finished the 11-12 NBA season with the Indiana Pacers following a trade from the Raptors.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

The celtics are officially one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Leandro Barbosa has agreed to a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics.

Barbosa finished the 11-12 NBA season with the Indiana Pacers following a trade from the Raptors.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

The celtics are officially one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

They are deep. Deep with the gayness. :lol:

That's a good pick up for them. Avery Bradley is still not 100%. Still much happier with the bigger, more defensively oriented Brewer on this team.

I've read a number of articles regarding his acquisition as key for the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This thread's traffic has slowed as the season approaches. I'll unstick it for now, and be sure to keep it updated accordingly.

Thanks to all of those that kept us up to date. It got all RealGM for me, and became a hugely reliable place to keep up.

Thanks especially to finestrg, CA7 and NYk.

metrocard

Legend
Barbosa has been discredited by many for his performances in Indiana and Toronto.

Just a bad fit for him, Barbosa can really shine in Boston. Rondo and Barbosa is probably the fastest backcourt we'll ever see in NBA history. Barbosa has a 3pt shot, isn't great at anything else but will be a problem for us since we don't have any fast guards except Shumpert and Smith and they play off the ball.

finestrg

Rotation player
Jermaine Taylor?

Reading over at Hoopshype that the T-Wolves just waived Jermaine Taylor. We could definitely use this guy -- way better than Mychel Thompson and Oscar Bellfield and better than James White. Dude was awesome at Central Florida... He can shoot and he's plenty athletic, pursues loose balls, rebounds and he can get out on the break and finish. Very strong and plays much bigger than 6'4" (closer to 6'5" in shoes). I would love for the Knicks to buy out James White or just waive him if and when a better option came along. The $854k we gave White is not a lot of money -- we're not talking 20 million here. I realize it's not good business to just up and cut a player we just gave guaranteed money to regardless of the amount but for 854k, realize that a correction needs to be made if a better SG comes along and make it, for the good of the team. I know Brewer's on the verge of coming back and I should be patient but what if that doesn't go well? What if Brew can't get back in the swing of things? What if Shump's not even ready by Feb? What if this JR Smith achilles problem is more serious than we (they) think? Jermaine Taylor is an upgrade over James White, bottom line. White should've never been given guaranteed money. Period. There are better shooting guards out there! Been sayin' it since day 1.

Last edited: