Official Free Agency Thread

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
So far it seems they are waiting on Steve Nash decision or they could possibly be figuring out a new package to get Nash since Toronto F*cked us over and offered Fields a whopping 3 yr 20mill deal in which we cant use Fields as our asset to sign and trade for Nash anymore

Basically it feels like the knicks just want Nash and are playing the waiting game.

Besides that, Grunwald is "seeing what our restricted Free agents are worth before signing them"

yeah i feel your pain, i like Nash myself but he's not worth all the speculation other teams are improving and we are sitting here at war with the damn raptors :teeth:.. before we know it all the good FA's are gone and we have to sign garbage :boohoo:

It just does not make sense. Even with the Nash negotiations, we should have locked up at least one player by now. Retaining Novak will not affect our chances of landing Nash anyway.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
to think, just a few days ago, we were celebrating getting Bird Rights for Lin and Novak. smfh

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
It's frustrating because Ray Allen will help out Knicks more since we already have a good young PG already.

We need a sharpshooter like him, Novak is too much of a defensive liability. Allen also has better ball-control, thus better offense than Novak too. Getting Nash means Lin will probably not stay, and our defense will drop.

I would be going after Allen rather than Nash seriously..

pat

Starter
Jesus ****ing Christ! How can our front office stand pat doing absolutely nothing while the decent free agents are finding homes elsewhere?

Because they all want to win a chip or make big dollars, both options we cannot offer because we have got Melo under contract. Something LJ explained a million times before the Melo deal went through.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Because they all want to win a chip or make big dollars, both options we cannot offer because we have got Melo under contract. Something LJ explained a million times before the Melo deal went through.

I guarantee you we're the only fan base who doesn't want Melo

Only teams who wont take him are the Heat and Thunder

pat

Starter
I guarantee you we're the only fan base who doesn't want Melo

Only teams who wont take him are the Heat and Thunder

Ask people in Denver. Also you have to see the price at which he came and the bad timing, something he himself was well aware of. The NBA doesn't need New York to win a title as long as Melo provides occasional excitment and Melo doesn't need to win a title in NY. How likely is it that we are going to win a chip? You do the Maths.

Paul1355

All Star
Ray Allen is Miami or Clippers bound :boohoo:

Clippers can make him a starter, give him 5 mil a year which is better than Miami's 3 mil a year, and give him more playing time than Miami and Boston.

Imagine Paul penetrating then having a choice between lobbing to Blake/Jordan or kicking it out to Allen/Butler....WOW

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ask people in Denver. Also you have to see the price at which he came and the bad timing, something he himself was well aware of. The NBA doesn't need New York to win a title as long as Melo provides occasional excitment and Melo doesn't need to win a title in NY. How likely is it that we are going to win a chip? You do the Maths.

What price did he come at

Danilo Gallinari- injury prone chucker
Raymond Felton- fat
Wilson Chandler- where is he
Timofey Mozgov- sucks
Anthony Randolph- no one wants him
Eddy Curry- is the most accomplished of anyone traded he got a ring

Carmelo gives us a better shot at winning a title then those guys did. You guys are being prisoners of the moment because Jersey is making moves, they suck and will be the Mets to our Yankees, well less successful Yankees but you get the point

Denver fans didn't wanna lose Melo, neither did Karl but he wanted to go of course they were gonna side with the team but turning your back on our best player is really gonna make things easier.

This is the same guy who's working his ass off this summer, who wanted to be in New York unlike Queen James and D-Wade.

Same guy who pushed us into the playoffs and was the only one with any heart in the playoffs.

For better or worse the next 5 years will likely be with Melo as our best player his game is suited for the long run. We're in good hands because we have a coach who caters to our best players strengths and in the process of adding players who fit next to Melo and will help us Beat The Heat

get with this or you'll get left behind

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
LOL at everyone pissing their pants, if we get back Lin, Novak, Smith, Jeffries and add Kidd (it's now between us and mavs) and a big man or 2 guard and we are sweet.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I know it's not easy but people are taking this so out of proportion. We WILL match any offer for Lin, Jr Smith & Novak will most likely not get offers that exceed ours/we can't match. Jeffries is a lock to be back if he is healthy, if not we go after K Mart who is slipping through the cracks big time.

Kidd is now choosing between us and the Mavs, but if we don't get him we can grab Camby or Foye with the MLE.

My perfect offseason would be:
- give up on nash, let the raps over pay him and Fields
- Construct a sign & trade for OJ Mayo (who would have a cheaper salary than the one desgined for Nash) and is also falling through the cracks
- Sign Kidd to MLE or vets min - which he has stated may take
- Add a big man (K Mart - BAE)
- Resign Jr Smith, Novak, Lin, Jeffries

Everyone is just panicking because other teams are going crazy! The plan has always been:
1. Resign our players
2. Get a backup PG
3. Grab more depth a SG and a big man

Let's let the team do their work, it's still A WEEK till teams can actually sign players. Give Grunwald his time people.

pat

Starter
What price did he come at

Danilo Gallinari- injury prone chucker
Raymond Felton- fat
Wilson Chandler- where is he
Timofey Mozgov- sucks
Anthony Randolph- no one wants him
Eddy Curry- is the most accomplished of anyone traded he got a ring

The problem was the timing and on top of that Melo does not give us a shot at winning anything because nobody likes playing with a mid-range-ISO black hole: He is clogging up the way to the basket and why would you want to do that if you could a) have a higher chance of winning a title with the Heat and/or have more fun playing basketball with the Clippers.
If you think I'll get left behind, fair enough, but don't get mad once you have to tear down all your Melo posters.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I know it's not easy but people are taking this so out of proportion. We WILL match any offer for Lin, Jr Smith & Novak will most likely not get offers that exceed ours/we can't match. Jeffries is a lock to be back if he is healthy, if not we go after K Mart who is slipping through the cracks big time.

Kidd is now choosing between us and the Mavs, but if we don't get him we can grab Camby or Foye with the MLE.

My perfect offseason would be:
- give up on nash, let the raps over pay him and Fields
- Construct a sign & trade for OJ Mayo (who would have a cheaper salary than the one desgined for Nash) and is also falling through the cracks
- Sign Kidd to MLE or vets min - which he has stated may take
- Add a big man (K Mart - BAE)
- Resign Jr Smith, Novak, Lin, Jeffries

Everyone is just panicking because other teams are going crazy! The plan has always been:
1. Resign our players
2. Get a backup PG
3. Grab more depth a SG and a big man

Let's let the team do their work, it's still A WEEK till teams can actually sign players. Give Grunwald his time people.
CLAP.gif

I like this idea