Official Free Agency Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
PHILLY will use amnesty clause to cut Elton Brand.

Knicks should offer him the MLE. Perfect compliment to Amar'e & Chandler. He would be the first big off the bench. Provide defense & rebounding. A nice rotational player on a championship team. And, if Amare or Tyson gets hurt we have insurance.

USE MLE on Mayo, Foye, Camby or Brand please.

SIgn JR Smith & D-Stevenson.

Match LIN's contract; Bring JJ back. IF we use MLE on SG, then sign Battie. If we use it on a big then re-sign Novak or bring back S-Williams.
Was just about to post this

however D-Stevenson i believe was part of the trade package for Joe Johnson

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Few expect Elton Brand to clear amnesty waivers, so it's likely a pipe dream for Knicks. But worth watching....

I myself would love Elton Brand on this team

tiger0330

Legend
Batum is restricted so it's not a given Portland won't match. He's a very good young player that you have to think about keeping no matter how unhappy he says he is in Portland.

Brand would be a great pickup for cheap. Pick him up for the min off of waivers and give the Peekskill NY native a welcome home gift.

Seba

Benchwarmer
It is a 100% impossible for Elton Brand to clear waivers. Forget about it.

Is Lou Williams a possibility? I htink he might be too expensive :/
I dont get the sixers. Is Nick young that much of an upgrade that they are willing to let Brand go? Or is it a financial thing?

Wargames

Starter
Blazers Complete Buyout Of Shawne Williams

Shawne Williams and the Blazers have finalized a buyout agreement.
Williams was owed $3.1 million and will become an unrestricted free agent if he clears waivers.

Come on home Shawne for the Vet minimum and get those backup minutes behind Melo.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Stein: Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA

I would love to add this guy to the Knicks

42% from 3 Last season
11 ppg playing 22mins per game

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Lol wut?
jql5l2.jpg

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
For you Oj Mayo Chasers :!:

9:13am: As the Grizzlies agree to re-sign one of their free agents, Marreese Speights, another Memphis free agent continues to seek a new contract. O.J. Mayo almost certainly won't be returning to the Grizzlies, but he "may be close to something" with the Pacers, according to Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld (via Twitter).

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
We have to get Mayo. Do a sign and trade of some sort or give him the full MLE. Whatever it takes get him in NY next season. He's a lot better than people realize and he would thrive here. I'd be fine with Foye if we can't get him but we have to make a strong push for Mayo first.

Wargames

Starter
We have to get Mayo. Do a sign and trade of some sort or give him the full MLE. Whatever it takes get him in NY next season. He's a lot better than people realize and he would thrive here. I'd be fine with Foye if we can't get him but we have to make a strong push for Mayo first.

nah I like Mayo but we don't need to get Mayo, the pacers are about to have a lot of free money when they let Hibbert walk So if they want him they can outbid us easily and have him.

There are enough SG's out there that someone might fall through and realistically we just need someone to be our version of Eric Maynor to come in whenever JR decides he wants to go shot crazy like Russell Westbrook does.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Smith is as good as resigned, i think knicks brass is deciding what to do with lin, then we'll move forward with bringing him back as well as novak.

Whats up with foye? i really want mayo i dont see why he cant be had here in NY and i think him at the 2 would solidify our backcourt and make us a tough matchup with anyone,

WeReady

Benchwarmer
According to sources, Free agent F/C Marcus Camby has a meeting set with the Heat on Saturday and the Knicks shortly thereafter.
At this point a return to the Rockets looks unlikely, and there won't be any interest shown by Houston until after they find out a decision on if the Bulls will match their $25 million offer given to fellow free agent center Omer Asik. Camby is said to only be interested in the $3 million exception, not the veteran's minimum.

Source: Jonathan Feigen on Twitter

Wargames

Starter
If the knicks get Camby then they should just grab Foye and Shawne Williams and call it an FA. Those guys alongside Novak would mean that teams couldn't just collapse on players penetrating, and would have to guard their man behind the 3pt line.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Its official Ray Allen to sign with the Miami Heat

Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted Friday, "Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!," which of course was Ray Allen's jersey number for the Celtics.
Yahoo's Marc Spears just confirmed that Allen has come to an agreement with Miami, and this is a huge move with ramifications for both the Celtics and Heat. In Miami, we expect Allen to play at a similar level than he was prior to the ankle issues, and assuming there aren't major additions in South Beach
Source: Marc Spears on Twitter

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted Friday, "Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!," which of course was Ray Allen's jersey number for the Celtics.
Yahoo's Marc Spears just confirmed that Allen has come to an agreement with Miami, and this is a huge move with ramifications for both the Celtics and Heat. In Miami, we expect Allen to play at a similar level than he was prior to the ankle issues, and assuming there aren't major additions in South Beach
During games if the heat threw out a lineup of

Wade
Ray Allen
Battier
Lebron
Bosh

That would be damn near Impossible to overcome and with that being said
:flippa: The heat & :flippa: Ray Allen

But at least we have a shot at Camby now

tumblr_ls3b169U2i1qggbj7.gif