Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

• Keep Joe Johnson

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Trade him for Dwight

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Right now Brooklyn Nets are closing on a trade for DH...
Speculation is by Tuesday July 10, 2012 the Nets hope to announce Howard to Brooklyn...

There is a third team in the mix ~ Cleveland reportedly to acquire Kris Humphries as part of DH trade from Orlando to Brooklyn...

After the trade Nets will have around $4 Million for 7 roster spots...

Paul1355

All Star
Right now Brooklyn Nets are closing on a trade for DH...
Speculation is by Tuesday July 10, 2012 the Nets hope to announce Howard to Brooklyn...

There is a third team in the mix ~ Cleveland reportedly to acquire Kris Humphries as part of DH trade from Orlando to Brooklyn...

After the trade Nets will have around $4 Million for 7 roster spots...

Kind of stupid for Cavs to do that since they have big men in Tristan Thompson and Anderson Verajao

Wargames

Starter
Kind of stupid for Cavs to do that since they have big men in Tristan Thompson and Anderson Verajao

It would be a move justified by their hate of Lebron

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball

Billy King: ?We have to find a team that is SO desperate to screw Miami that it would take on Kris for a huge pri?. CALL GILBERT NOW!?

I could honestly see it happening. We're looking at the Nyets as crosstown rivals. Gilbert see's them as one more roadblock to any future Heat Championships.

Paul1355

All Star
It would be a move justified by their hate of Lebron

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball

Billy King: ?We have to find a team that is SO desperate to screw Miami that it would take on Kris for a huge pri?. CALL GILBERT NOW!?

I could honestly see it happening. We're looking at the Nyets as crosstown rivals. Gilbert see's them as one more roadblock to any future Heat Championships.

Maybe the Cavs are looking to dump Varejao's contract which is very high but when he is healthy he is like Joakim Noah.

I guess they want Humphries at PF with Thompson at Center for the future.

Kiyaman

Legend
Johnson is a good passing guard so that just makes the Nets have a fluid passing offense. rarely will you see stagnation like the Knicks have when you have Deron Williams and Joe Johnson in the back court.

Good point, Joe Johnson played Nash backup at the point on the Phoenix Suns.

However, your opinion on Tyson Chandler. You have to agree that Grunwald made the right move with amnestying Chauncey for a legit Center that we haven't had since Ewing or Camby.

I dont think interim-Grunwald had the power then, or even now as our full GM to amnesty any of the Knicks high price players (Isiah had Stern come-up with the Allan Houston Rule to get rid of Houston. But Dolan wasnt having it.).
Billups amnesty had alot to do with Melo convincing Dolan .. Billups took over the Denver Nuggets team .. Ty Lawson & K-Mart listen to Big-Shot Billups....which led to Melo wantin out of the Denver organization.
Do u really think the Knicks wouldve lost that first playoff game vs Boston if Billups wouldve played the final 2 minutes? Having Billups at the PG the Knicks held the lead over Boston the entire game untill the final minute.

Billups got hurt last year and only played 20 games....imagine us keeping Billups and then losing him for 46 games plus the playoffs...with no Tyson! We would miss the playoffs.

u say Billups got hurt .. I say Billups gave Toney Douglas his first shot at playing the PG for the Knicks. With Billups coaching-leadership the Knicks are an automatic playoff team every season.

Lin should rack up the assists on this team, people just underestimate him.
:agreed:
If Felton could average 9 assists per game and be a borderline allstar with only Amare then Lin should be awesome with Melo, Amare, Chandler and J.R

Felton was only pressured to give the ball to Amare, and Amare did not DEMAND the ball on every offensive possession like Melo. Amare shared the offensive scoring with Felton, Gallo, W.Chandler, TD, Fields, and Shawn. A helluva big difference.

Jeremy Lin felt that big-difference when Melo & JR.Smith was put into the lineup with him .. u recall the Miami & Nets game that led to the Knicks 6 game losing streak, when everyone was mentioning our oponents knew Lin-Sanity style & moves. That was a bullshiiat Lie! Lin-Sanity didnt have any certain move other than his weakside on the left, which his crazy creativeness made up for. The media forgot to write or say "the return of Melo with the new addition of ex-Nuggets JR.Smith in the rotation led the Knicks on a 6 game losing streak which made coach Dantoni hand in a resignation" ...

I don't get why NY fans choose teams that are in the same city/state. We have double the chance of bringing a title back to NY whether or not its the Knicks or Nyets. Im not a Yankees fan but when they won i was proud because New York sports was relevant again. NY needs to be gathering as many rings as possible idc who is in our city.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I don't get why NY fans choose teams that are in the same city/state. We have double the chance of bringing a title back to NY whether or not its the Knicks or Nyets. Im not a Yankees fan but when they won i was proud because New York sports was relevant again. NY needs to be gathering as many rings as possible idc who is in our city.
As a Jets fan, Giants fans would never share their fame and quite frankly I dont want to be apart of their success.
THEY earned it. If the Nets win, I'll still hate them

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
As a Jets fan, Giants fans would never share their fame and quite frankly I dont want to be apart of their success.
THEY earned it. If the Nets win, I'll still hate them

lol ^^^ Agreed!!!

~~~UPDATE~~~
-The Magic and Nets are making progress on a Dwight Howard trade, as the Cavaliers have emerged as the needed third team.
-Cleveland would acquire Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade.
-The Nets would send a re-sign Brook Lopez and a collection of future first round picks for Howard.

Last edited:

Forrest17

Rotation player
lol ^^^ Agreed!!!

~~~UPDATE~~~
-The Magic and Nets are making progress on a Dwight Howard trade, as the Cavaliers have emerged as the needed third team.
-The Nets would send a re-sign Brook Lopez and a collection of future first round picks for Howard.

While it sounds crazy that all they are going to get for Howard is Lopez and a couple of draft picks, That is probably the best they are going to get... I don't think any team wants to give up a lot for him to play a year where he doesn't want to play.

Why he didn't just go to free agency?.. I'll never know.. He screwed the magic, they were going to cash in last season on him instead he just had to make the process more painful and annoying for everyone.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
lol ^^^ Agreed!!!

~~~UPDATE~~~

this is a f****** joke right?

Marshon Brooks is out of the package!?!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dan Gilbert is ruining the NBA

How can he complain about his team being the Washington Generals and yet help another super team form.

I'm not afraid of the Nets if they get Howard as Chandler can handle him and Carmelo, Amar'e, Lin and JR are better than Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Brooks but damn dude stay out of it

Kris Humphries signing a huge deal with you wont make you any better and doing it for a pick is stupid as it would a Nets pick which will be in the 20's

Paul1355

All Star
Dan Gilbert is ruining the NBA

How can he complain about his team being the Washington Generals and yet help another super team form.

I'm not afraid of the Nets if they get Howard as Chandler can handle him and Carmelo, Amar'e, Lin and JR are better than Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Brooks but damn dude stay out of it

Kris Humphries signing a huge deal with you wont make you any better and doing it for a pick is stupid as it would a Nets pick which will be in the 20's

agreed.

Gilbert would be the biggest hypocrite if he allowed the Nets to get Howard.

Yet if Howard does not go to the Nets, then he will go to the Lakers and they will be unstoppable with Nash, Kobe and Dwight. Really no matter where Dwight goes, unless it is Atlanta, the team will be a new powerhouse.

I don't want to trade for Dwight but we would have like over 10 million in cap room if we traded Amare and Chandler for him lol

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Let us all think for a minute about this howard trade *thinking caps*

Remember when we were the frontrunners for steve nash and all reports indicated that he was coming to us it was just a matter of time and then all of a sudden the lakers just swooped in and grabbed him when we all thought and he said "he couldn't picture himself in a lakers uni" and then BAM he's a laker

I think these releases about possible trade packages are all a ploy by orlando to get the lakers to up the ante on a deal for howard instead of just bynum they want draft picks or taking rich or hero god awful contracts ....meaning them finding a third team as well

The lakers always wait in the shadows.... i would never put anything past them to get a deal done for howard and he ultimately signs with them i don't care how much Howards "says" he wants to be in the "Brooklyn Zoo"

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Let us all think for a minute about this howard trade *thinking caps*

Remember when we were the frontrunners for steve nash and all reports indicated that he was coming to us it was just a matter of time and then all of a sudden the lakers just swooped in and grabbed him when we all thought and he said "he couldn't picture himself in a lakers uni" and then BAM he's a laker

I think these releases about possible trade packages are all a ploy by orlando to get the lakers to up the ante on a deal for howard instead of just bynum they want draft picks or taking rich or hero god awful contracts ....meaning them finding a third team as well

The lakers always wait in the shadows.... i would never put anything past them to get a deal done for howard and he ultimately signs with them i don't care how much Howards "says" he wants to be in the "Brooklyn Zoo"

Normally I would agree but everyone is fixated on the fact the Lakers would have to convince Howard to stay when the Magic would have the same dilemma with Bynum. And with reports surfacing today that Bynum would not necessarily sign an extension with the Magic if traded, it makes things more complicated. Also the Lakers have no picks to trade and no assets to acquire any since they used them to get Nash.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Stephen A. Smith said as of now Brooklyn has best team in New York

I'm really sick of his bull **** he spews out of his ass

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace are better than Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace are better than Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin
yes, we have Carmelo, we suck:rolleyes:

STAT1

Starter

Well, they do have Gerald Green. :teeth:

New New York

Quiet Storm

Stephen A Smith's image is built on shock and what he thinks is deep insight into sports.

Here are some of my favorite Stephen A Smith quotes

"Dirk is the most overratted player in the League"

Speaking on how Steph will improve as a PG under Larry Brown"What Larry Brown will do with Steph will make his job w/ Billups look like nothing"

Then speaking about how Larry Brown will switch Steph to shooting guard "Marbuary is going to average 25 pts in his sleep under Brown"

2004 USA was gonna beat Argentina beacuse "Manu Ginobli is not better than anyone on USA's roster" (paraphrase)

Put The Nets roster as it stands today up against the Knicks and we win a 7 games series 4-2!

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Bench
Marshon Brooks
???
???
???
???

Kidd
Shump
Melo
Stat
Tyson

Bench
Lin
Smith
Novak
Jorts
Jefferies

Give me a break!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Stephen A Smith's image is built on shock and what he thinks is deep insight into sports.

Here are some of my favorite Stephen A Smith quotes

"Dirk is the most overratted player in the League"

Speaking on how Steph will improve as a PG under Larry Brown"What Larry Brown will do with Steph will make his job w/ Billups look like nothing"

Then speaking about how Larry Brown will switch Steph to shooting guard "Marbuary is going to average 25 pts in his sleep under Brown"

2004 USA was gonna beat Argentina beacuse "Manu Ginobli is not better than anyone on USA's roster" (paraphrase)

Put The Nets roster as it stands today up against the Knicks and we win a 7 games series 4-2!

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Bench
Marshon Brooks
???
???
???
???

Kidd