Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

• Keep Joe Johnson

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Trade him for Dwight

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Stephen A. Smith said as of now Brooklyn has best team in New York

I'm really sick of his bull **** he spews out of his ass

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace are better than Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin

We are better if the Nets do not have Dwight, if they have Dwight they are better.

However, if Lin can be his amazing self and make everyone gel, then we are the 2nd best team in the East by far. Tyson Chandler makes the difference.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I still dont see how they are better with Dwight

we can neutralize their 2 best players come playoff time

Shumpert can handle Williams and Chandler can handle Dwight

Wallace cant stop Carmelo at all and STAT should bounce back this year so there is no stopping him.

Johnson is the only guy who may do something but even then JR's improved defense should be enough to contain him.

We're really over analyzing this

our big 4>their big 4

our bench>their bench

Wallace cant stop Carmelo at all and STAT should bounce back this year so there is no stopping him.

Johnson is the only guy who may do something but even then JR's improved defense should be enough to contain him.

our big 4>their big 4

our bench>their bench

You're sipping on a big cup of denial if you believe all of that lol.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You're sipping on a big cup of denial if you believe all of that lol.

Chandler owned Howard and Shumpert(if healthy) is enough to hold off Deron Williams

They stil have depth issues, no picks because they're giving most of them up, only the 3mil MLE next year

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard are perennial All-Stars........yes

we counter with 2 Olympians and All-NBA players in Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler

Joe Johnson will digress as an over paid 3rd option and Gerald Wallace sucks

Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin will thrive together most likely and we answer with depth after our Big 4 in Iman Shumper, JR Smith, Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Jared Jeffries

while the Nets have Mirza Teletovic, Gerald Green, Reggie Evans and Tyshawn Taylor

Our team is better, believe it or dont believe it

you guys need to stop being scared of every team adding a player, we got this

Chandler owned Howard and Shumpert(if healthy) is enough to hold off Deron Williams

They stil have depth issues, no picks because they're giving most of them up, only the 3mil MLE next year

we counter with 2 Olympians and All-NBA players in Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler

Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin will thrive together most likely and we answer with depth after our Big 4 in Iman Shumper, JR Smith, Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Jared Jeffries

while the Nets have Mirza Teletovic, Gerald Green, Reggie Evans and Tyshawn Taylor

They are going to have the best Center by far in the NBA, They have in my opinion the best PG in the NBA. They have a former #1 option SG as their third option. And they have Gerald Wallace doing all the hustle plays and garbage points. I hope your right about us being better because on paper their starting 5 is better then add Brooks coming off the bench as a 6th man is scary.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Dude, please.

No one is scared of anything but let's get real.

The thing is that we are operating from a position of HOPE: hope that Melo steps it up, hope that Melo and Amar'e suddenly find chemistry, hope hope hope.

The Nets, if they land Howard, are operating from a position of CERTAINTY: It's almost guaranteed that JJ, Deron and Howard will function at a high level immediately. They just make sense together.

skisloper

Starter

our big 4>their big 4

our bench>their bench

You really cannot see how they are better with Dwight ?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer

The only problem with your statement is Stat & Melo have yet to mesh; and doesn't seem unless one takes the role position to allow the other one be the star will they succeed as a tandem... Just this fact alone puts Knicks with a handicap...

If Nyets can mesh from the start, then they are just that much better as a unit which is the main topic, not this one to one matchup you have here...

If our 5 can not work together and be successful each game out, & the Big Four of Brooklyn comes together and is dominate they will be the better team in New York, hands down ~ end of story!

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
im not so certain chandler will be able to handle dwight so handedly like last season. dwight had poop surrounding him , and now with stars on the team , he'll def be more motivated and nets are gonna be trouble and vying for the best team in ny

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Nets willing, able - & likely, if it goes down - to take back J-Rich in 3-team Dwight deal with Magic & Cavs, source says.

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Jason Richardson
Gerald Wallace
Dwight Howard

That is ridiculous starting 5

metrocard

Legend
Nets will be a very underrated team.

Paul to me is the best PG in the NBA, but Williams is so close to him in many ways, has advantages over him but isn't better overall. Paul to me is like a 95 rating and Williams is a 92, so they're really in the same level just about.

Considering that, Nets got some players in Howard and Williams.

For Howard, Williams will be the best player he ever got a chance to play with. We're talking about Dwight Howard who has kept Orlando at an elite level for years with their best players having to be Hedo, Jameer and even at one point Carlos Arroyo. Not much help for Dwight.

In return, Deron gets to play with Dwight, best player he's even got to play with.

Think about this

Would you agree that the Deron/Dwight > Chris/Blake?

I think its such a superior ALL AROUND duo that it'll take so much pressure off of guys who are used to playing isolation and creating their own shot like Joe Johnson, Wallace and Brooks.

Wallace is a crazy player also, dude has Marion like defense, crashes the board hard and has a legit offensive game even though its streaky like Stephen Jackson. Joe Johnson is more of a smooth type of player so their styles compliment each other perfectly.

I can't front, Nets did it big when everyone doubted them in failing to land Carmelo.

I HATE the Nets, and I bleed blue all day, but I also think logically like many people on this forum.

Nets will have a legit team that can give the Heat problems, especially if Nets develop chemistry.

PG - Williams
SG - Johnson
SF - Wallace
C - Howard

Thats a serious group if they stay healthy.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Guys it about to go down!

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.
While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as Monday where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform. Sources have also said that Magic brass are set for a Monday meeting at 9 am ET to see if this is truly the deal they want to make. The nation's Dwightmare may be close to coming to an end in short order. Stay tuned.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.
While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as Monday where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform. Sources have also said that Magic brass are set for a Monday meeting at 9 am ET to see if this is truly the deal they want to make. The nation's Dwightmare may be close to coming to an end in short order. Stay tuned.
Honestly i HOPE it goes down, Dwight may have been the MOST ANNOYING player Last season and He's still annoying in the Free agency period.

-Dwight wants out
-Dwight wants in
-Dwight wants out
-Dwight wants new coach
-Dwight stays if theirs a new coach
-Dwight wants help
-Dwight wants commitment
-Dwight wont play in the playoff if van gundys coach
-Dwight "close to opting in"
-Dwight wants out
-Dwight decides to opt in
-Dwight wants out
-Dwight demands trade to Nets
-Dwight wont sign extension unless its nets

later on today i wouldn't be surprised if Dwight announces he wants to stay with the magic again

trade this douche already and let the Rivalry really begin

New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets
SEASON OPENER in Brooklyn so they can show off their new arena we already know stern has that set on the schedule.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
As Orlando sorts through the offers, Howard's potential destination is increasingly looking like the Nets, sources said. The tentacles of the proposed deal stretched across more than 10 players and three teams on Monday morning, with the Nets recruiting a fourth team to take on guard MarShon Brooks in exchange for an additional draft pick to send to Orlando.

In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said.

Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic.

Look at what the magic are gaining/getting rid of compared to what Dolan threw at Denver for Melo. That is just horse poo.

In Dolan's defense, he's now paying top dollar to give this team a shot.

Paul1355

All Star
They are going to have the best Center by far in the NBA, They have in my opinion the best PG in the NBA. They have a former #1 option SG as their third option. And they have Gerald Wallace doing all the hustle plays and garbage points. I hope your right about us being better because on paper their starting 5 is better then add Brooks coming off the bench as a 6th man is scary.

If Nets make the trade they would lose Brooks but get back Jason richardson who would be a solid 6th man. They have a good team but 1st year might not be as successful as everyone expects.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
let the nets have dwight. hes a big bitch, and tyson schools his ass.
in all seriousness though, hell yeah-- bring on this rivalry.

heat v nets would be a game to watch though.

pg nets deron
sg heat wade
sf heat lebron
pf heat bosh
c nets howard

thats a star studded matchup

Paul1355

All Star
Nets will be a very underrated team.

Paul to me is the best PG in the NBA, but Williams is so close to him in many ways, has advantages over him but isn't better overall. Paul to me is like a 95 rating and Williams is a 92, so they're really in the same level just about.

Considering that, Nets got some players in Howard and Williams.

For Howard, Williams will be the best player he ever got a chance to play with. We're talking about Dwight Howard who has kept Orlando at an elite level for years with their best players having to be Hedo, Jameer and even at one point Carlos Arroyo. Not much help for Dwight.

In return, Deron gets to play with Dwight, best player he's even got to play with.

Think about this

Would you agree that the Deron/Dwight > Chris/Blake?

I think its such a superior ALL AROUND duo that it'll take so much pressure off of guys who are used to playing isolation and creating their own shot like Joe Johnson, Wallace and Brooks.

Wallace is a crazy player also, dude has Marion like defense, crashes the board hard and has a legit offensive game even though its streaky like Stephen Jackson. Joe Johnson is more of a smooth type of player so their styles compliment each other perfectly.

I can't front, Nets did it big when everyone doubted them in failing to land Carmelo.

I HATE the Nets, and I bleed blue all day, but I also think logically like many people on this forum.

Nets will have a legit team that can give the Heat problems, especially if Nets develop chemistry.

PG - Williams
SG - Johnson
SF - Wallace
C - Howard

Thats a serious group if they stay healthy.

Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Howard, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen....8 players...4 on each team that have made it to atleast one allstar game...I believe Wallace was in 1...that is crazy...however the Knicks have star studded power too

Looking like the divisions are shaping up to have the power teams woop the other teams....West has OKC, Thunder and Spurs, Clips....East has 4 in Boston, Miami, Nets(with Dwight), Knicks

Forrest17

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;240889 said:
As Orlando sorts through the offers, Howard's potential destination is increasingly looking like the Nets, sources said. The tentacles of the proposed deal stretched across more than 10 players and three teams on Monday morning, with the Nets recruiting a fourth team to take on guard MarShon Brooks in exchange for an additional draft pick to send to Orlando.

In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said.

Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic.

Look at what the magic are gaining/getting rid of compared to what Dolan threw at Denver for Melo. That is just horse poo.

In Dolan's defense, he's now paying top dollar to give this team a shot.

Wow that sucks. I think they can do better even with a team that knows they will loose him after 1 year.

screw 3 middleround picks. These will be good teams so these picks will all be low rounders.

Send him to the bobcats for 1 unprotected pick, straight up. I would do it. the bobcats would too.. At least then there is a small chance they get back a game changing player in return.

They would get all the media exposure of having dwight howard for one year. Also, the bobcats should realize because he will still be so insistent on going to Brooklyn, they would have to do a sign and trade to get him, so the nets would have to send a lot to them so they would still get a bunch in return even if he leaves. I mean the lakers gave the Suns 4 draft picks, 2 first rounders for Steve Nash when he was a free agent... STEVE NASH.

Brookyln is shaping up really well. The Nets (with BK) behind them will be a force in this city. The knicks should and will be concerned about this. Interesting times a head 4sure.