jared jeffries or marcus camby?

joker.png

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Why are you asking this?

Camby has narrowed his wishlist down to 5 teams and wants to play on a contender. Knicks are one of them.

The unrestricted free-agent center, Marcus Camby, has narrowed his choices to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, and the Dallas Mavericks, a league source told CSNNW.com.

All of these teams and then some, called Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan, shortly after July 1 hit, inquiring about his services, but at this point in his career, he's only considering teams in contention for a championship, the same source said.

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...24&feedID=5212

-
-

A source close to Marcus Camby told ESPNNewYork.com on Monday that the unrestricted free agent would be interested in returning to the Knicks.

"Marcus lives in New York in the offseason, and if it works out there, it would be terrific," the source said.
Camby could be open to the team's midlevel exception of $3.09 million. That will be available only if the Knicks sign-and-trade for a free-agent point guard, which is No. 1 on their list because they're the weakest at that position on the depth chart.

If the Knicks sign a top free-agent point guard to the midlevel amount, the source would be "shocked" if Camby accepts the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million.

The source said Camby's priority is to be a starter, which wouldn't happen in New York with Tyson Chandler holding down the middle. But the Knicks would certainly be considered, the source said, because Camby wants to compete and win, and the team is in the position to do that next season. The source said Camby has a great relationship with GM Glen Grunwald, who was the assistant general manager in Toronto in 1996 when the Raptors made the center the second pick in that year's NBA draft.

Reflecting on his time in New York earlier in the year, Camby told ESPNNewYork.com that his favorite memory was playing at Madison Square Garden, especially during the playoffs.

"I think there are no fans like New York fans," he said in late April. "They know the game of basketball. You can't fool those guys about anything. When you're playing bad, they let you know about it, so I have a lot of respect for those fans."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/

Sorry for the novel of information but seems like for the midlevel we have a legitimate chance of attaining him. If he is offered the starting spot in Boston or SA for the same or more money he may choose there. Good to see he is at least considering here and some of his favourite memories are from The Garden .

STAT1

Starter
If the Knicks somehow pull off that Nash sign & trade deal, then we will be able to offer Camby the $3M mini MLE. This roster would definitely give the Miami Heat & Boston Celtics a run for their money in the Eastern Conference:

C - Chandler / Camby
PF - Stoudemire / Jefferies, Harrellson or other veteran's minimum FA
SF - Anthony / Novak
SG - Shumpert / Smith
PG - Nash / Lin / Bibby?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If the Knicks somehow pull off that Nash sign & trade deal, then we will be able to offer Camby the $3M mini MLE. This roster would definitely give the Miami Heat & Boston Celtics a run for their money in the Eastern Conference:

C - Chandler / Camby
PF - Stoudemire / Jefferies, Harrellson or other veteran's minimum FA
SF - Anthony / Novak
SG - Shumpert / Smith
PG - Nash / Lin / Bibby?
Wait so who plays SG? Shump is injured currently until January/February. Cant be fields either because he would be included in the Sign and Trade deal for Nash.

Maybe Foye? or just a vet Min SG? Anthony Parker would be a nice fit but the defense would be swiss cheese :barf:

STAT1

Starter
Wait so who plays SG? Shump is injured currently until January/February. Cant be fields either because he would be included in the Sign and Trade deal for Nash.

Maybe Foye? or just a vet Min SG? Anthony Parker would be a nice fit but the defense would be swiss cheese :barf:
I doubt we would be able to get Foye anyway, I think he'll look to make more than the mini MLE. Possibly re-sign Bill Walker for the $1.4M veteran's minimum? Or maybe we target a veteran like Mikael Pietrus? He would be a great addition. Other possible options on the cheap might be Jodie Meeks, Kelenna Azabuike, Willie Green, Marquis Daniels or Mo Evans (the Knicks were almost about to sign him last offseason).

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I doubt we would be able to get Foye anyway, I think he'll look to make more than the mini MLE. Possibly re-sign Bill Walker for the $1.4M veteran's minimum? Or maybe we target a veteran like Mikael Pietrus? He would be a great addition. Other possible options on the cheap might be Jodie Meeks, Kelenna Azabuike, Willie Green, Marquis Daniels or Mo Evans (the Knicks were almost about to sign him last offseason).
Now, heading into free agency, which starts July 1, it's the Garden that's on his favorites list, according to a source close to the six-year veteran who's been in Los Angeles the past two seasons.

Foye, an unrestricted free agent, is interested in the Knicks and their mid-level exception of $3 million, which came about based on the early Bird rights ruling.

"He will have multiple offers at that amount and more annually," the source told ESPN New York. "New York would be a great fit for both [playing and financial reasons]."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/21177/source-foye-interested-in-knicks

He was the one who initiated interest in us, I think he would be a great pickup if we don't get Nash. He is a player who can contribute & grow into the core of players we are developing.

STAT1

Starter
Foye at $3M is a good value dollarwise, but I'm thinking the Knicks would do better to split up whatever money they had left to spend on 2 veteran bench players like a Pietrus or Mo Evans + another frontcourt veteran to add some depth upfront, over using up all of our FA money on someone like Foye who will only be starting for a month or 2 to start the season.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i agree Foye is a press your luck type player, we don't know how much he would be looking for but if we could get him for 3mill that would be cool to

I'm high on pietrus, i feel he is exactly what we need until Shump returns his playoff performance was nothing special he did hit some big shots. His defense is solid he puts the effort end on the defensive end

I'd be satisfied with Pietrus or even maybe Mcgrady or willie Green

STAT1

Starter
i agree Foye is a press your luck type player, we don't know how much he would be looking for but if we could get him for 3mill that would be cool to

I'm high on pietrus, i feel he is exactly what we need until Shump returns his playoff performance was nothing special he did hit some big shots. His defense is solid he puts the effort end on the defensive end

I'd be satisfied with Pietrus or even maybe Mcgrady or willie Green

Agreed, I would be perfectly happy with a guy like Pietrus as a stopgap until Shump comes back. He plays good defense & can knock down the open 3 pointer. Good enough size & athleticism to guard most SG's & SF's in the league. I think we could definitely get him for around the $1.4M veteran's minimum. Willie Green wouldn't be bad either, but I would prefer Mo Evans because he's more of a dirty work type player & that's really what we need at that position & spot in the rotation. I think we should avoid T-Mac, he's incapable of playing any sort of quality defense w/his shoddy knees, & we need someone that can guard guys like D Wade, Pierce, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, etc. if we want to compete w/the other teams in the East.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Before we talk about Randy Foye, we need to give OJ Mayo a call to see if he'd play for the full-level MLE. If they could work out a sign-and-trade with the Suns to get Nash, spend the MLE on OJ Mayo, and sign a couple more guys at the minimum salary...