Jason Kidd

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Can Pelister: Jason Kidd will sign w/ New York Knicks, a source close to Kidd told me. Twitter

Not the best source but a possibility. What if the Knicks acquire Jason Kidd. The article below puts a good 5 reasons on getting Kidd. I agree as I'm sure you agree getting Kidd would help, but maybe I'm wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...idd-would-be-a-perfect-back-up-for-jeremy-lin

During his first tenure with the Mavericks, Kidd?s salary totaled $55 million. When he left the Mavericks for the New Jersey Nets, Kidd signed a six-year, $99 million deal. Since returning to Dallas, Kidd has played three seasons and has earned himself another $24.5 million, for a combined total of $178.5 million.
Now that his career is coming to a close, Kidd will most likely take a pay cut to play for the team of his choosing. He will most likely sign the veteran?s minimum contract, which for a player with his experience will total $1.35 million.
The Knicks don?t have much money to spend on potential free agents, so being able to sign Kidd for cheap will allow them to also go after a big man or wing player with their Mid Level Exception.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Kidd has shot and knows the importance of ball movement. The Knicks already have a strong leader on defense in Tyson Chandler and can gain a strong leader in Kidd on offense.

KingCharles34

All Star
I just realized Kidd makes more sense then Nash. He can play the 2 guard and with Shump out we need someone to play that position. Hes still a good defender too

KingCharles34

All Star
My sources tell me the Miami Heat are emerging as the new favorite

Thats my point guard
tocry.png

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I just realized Kidd makes more sense then Nash. He can play the 2 guard and with Shump out we need someone to play that position. Hes still a good defender too

Exactly he could rebound, pass, shoot, and guard. The Knicks don?t have much money to spend on potential free agents, so being able to sign Kidd for cheap will allow them to also go after a big man or wing player with their Mid Level Exception.

This is why the Knicks should pursue Kidd over Nash. It seems other teams are on the list, I'm going on some guys Twitter I don't know from Hoopshype. Seeing this made me realize the same as KingStarbury3, Why it might be better than sign and trading for Steve Nash.

STAT1

Starter
Exactly he could rebound, pass, shoot, and guard. The Knicks don?t have much money to spend on potential free agents, so being able to sign Kidd for cheap will allow them to also go after a big man or wing player with their Mid Level Exception.

This is why the Knicks should pursue Kidd over Nash. It seems other teams are on the list, I'm going on some guys Twitter I don't know from Hoopshype. Seeing this made me realize the same as KingStarbury3, Why it might be better than sign and trading for Steve Nash.

If we sign & trade for Nash, we would still have the $3M mini MLE to use on another FA anyway. Nash is a clear upgrade over J Kidd at this stage in their careers. I would welcome having either of them but I think the Knicks would be much better off swinging a S&T for Nash & then focusing their attention on signing Camby with the mini MLE. That would leave us with a stacked roster next season:

C - Chandler / Camby
PF - Stoudemire / Harrellson
SF - Anthony / Novak (or Tolliver if Novak signs a big contract elsewhere)
SG - Smith (Shumpert when healthy) / veteran's min FA (Mo Evans?)
PG - Nash / Lin

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
If we sign & trade for Nash, we would still have the $3M mini MLE to use on another FA anyway. Nash is a clear upgrade over J Kidd at this stage in their careers. I would welcome having either of them but I think the Knicks would be much better off swinging a S&T for Nash & then focusing their attention on signing Camby with the mini MLE. That would leave us with a stacked roster next season:

C - Chandler / Camby
PG - Nash / Lin
This is why Kidd would be our backup.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer

C - Chandler / Camby
PG - Nash / Lin

In a sign and trade the Knicks most likely will lose Shumpert and J.R. Smith is not a sure thing. Camby is also questionable but the roster is not bad. Sign and trades usually involve the team losing something.

I just think the Knicks have nothing to offer and can't afford losing a young Shumpert for an old Nash. Especially since Fields is gone. Kidd is a better defender and might be a better fit. Kidd can have the same effect with Nash, played with Chandler and I believe Melo.

STAT1

Starter
In a sign and trade the Knicks most likely will lose Shumpert and J.R. Smith is not a sure thing. Camby is also questionable but the roster is not bad. Sign and trades usually involve the team losing something.

I just think the Knicks have nothing to offer and can't afford losing a young Shumpert for an old Nash. Especially since Fields is gone. Kidd is a better defender and might be a better fit. Kidd can have the same effect with Nash, played with Chandler and I believe Melo.

Right, I forgot that Landry had already agreed to the offer sheet from the Raptors, which takes him out of the equation in a S&T deal with the Suns (no one would want to pay him that amount of money in his 3rd season). If trading for Nash would mean we lose Shump, then I agree with you that Kidd is the better play.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Right, I forgot that Landry had already agreed to the offer sheet from the Raptors, which takes him out of the equation in a S&T deal with the Suns (no one would want to pay him that amount of money in his 3rd season). If trading for Nash would mean we lose Shump, then I agree with you that Kidd is the better play.

Yup, the Knicks are in danger of losing about everyone and need to do something quick. The Nets are coming out with vengeance this off-season.

STAT1

Starter
Yup, the Knicks are in danger of losing about everyone and need to do something quick. The Nets are coming out with vengeance this off-season.

I am hating all the attention they are getting but gotta give them props for how aggressively they are approaching this offseason. They are being very proactive & dictating the market rather than letting the market dictate their moves like the Knicks are currently doing. If they end up getting Dwight then they would have pulled off one of the best offseason of moves in NBA history. But if they don't, then I think they'll be stuck with a mediocre team for the next several years with zero cap space to do much to improve their team going forward. Prokhorov is rolling the dice. As a gambling man myself I gotta admire that. :smokin: