Jason Kidd

Forrest17

Rotation player
if Its down to knicks and Nets for kid then I think we will get him.

They are going to have 40 million dollars tied up in to their starting backcourt so those guys are going to play and play alot.

We have no guarenteed spots in our back court. If a disaster doesn't happen and Lin stays a Knick then he is our starter but I don't think he will play as many minutes as Deron will.

Plus some nights we could experiment and play kidd and lin at the 1 and 2 because we have no solid starter at the 2 spot.

I think we can offer Kidd a much more than the nets.

Paul1355

All Star
Im hearing from sources Mavs are out and its down to KNicks and Nets.

Ric Bucher reported its between Mavs and Knicks...

Ric Bucher: As source indicated earlier, Kidd won't join Deron with Nets. Deciding between Mavs and Knicks. Twitter

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Sources said Kidd might accept the veteran minimum as well...which would let us sign either Randy Foye or Marcus Camby(my pick) for the mid level exception

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I wish the ny knicks front office were as smart as some of u guys on this forum.

I would take Kidd in a heartbeat if it meant Lin would stay with us as well.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks signed James White and looking to match to keep Lin.

"Iman Shumpert may have to replace Fields in a package that also may include Dan Gadzuric?s $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract, Toney Douglas? expiring pact, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson. Nash could end up making up to $8 million. Without a sign-and-trade, the Knicks only have their $3.09 million mini-midlevel exception".

As much as I like Steve Nash, I'll say this again, I don't like the idea of losing a good defender the Knicks have in Iman. Expiring contracts are useful and Josh Harrellson can do some good. The Knicks should try for Kidd and Camby, having a good team and saving money for future seasons.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
With DWill gone, I don't see how Mavs can let Kidd walk. As much as I like Kidd, I don't want to overpay for aging stars.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Knicks signed James White and looking to match to keep Lin.

"Iman Shumpert may have to replace Fields in a package that also may include Dan Gadzuric?s $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract, Toney Douglas? expiring pact, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson. Nash could end up making up to $8 million. Without a sign-and-trade, the Knicks only have their $3.09 million mini-midlevel exception".

As much as I like Steve Nash, I'll say this again, I don't like the idea of losing a good defender the Knicks have in Iman. Expiring contracts are useful and Josh Harrellson can do some good. The Knicks should try for Kidd and Camby, having a good team and saving money for future seasons.
StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Forrest17

Rotation player
Enough of this Steve Nash Garbage.

He was my favorite player when the knicks were unwatchably bad.. But that time is over now, Yes he is still great but we have more logical options

Resign Lin and Novak.

Use the MLE on Camby

Use the BAE on Kidd

Hope STAT isn't garbage this year

Lets play ball.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer

He was my favorite player when the knicks were unwatchably bad.. But that time is over now, Yes he is still great but we have more logical options

Resign Lin and Novak.

Use the MLE on Camby

Use the BAE on Kidd

Lets play ball.

Agreed. Seems to me I'm not the only one who thinks Nash as surprising as it might be, is bad for the Knicks. I never thought I would ever say that.

Paul1355

All Star

Resign Lin and Novak.

Use the MLE on Camby

Use the BAE on Kidd

Lets play ball.

Not good enough. We are stuck with Amare unless he proves he really can not be effective with a PG. Nash would revitilize Amare and make everyone better. It is not even a case, Nash is a better move and brings us closer to a ring.

I love Shump but who knows how good he will be after another injury. His knees were bad all year and then he tears an ACL.

He can be injury prone.

He might be Shaun Livingston 2.0

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Not good enough. We are stuck with Amare unless he proves he really can not be effective with a PG. Nash would revitilize Amare and make everyone better. It is not even a case, Nash is a better move and brings us closer to a ring.

I love Shump but who knows how good he will be after another injury. His knees were bad all year and then he tears an ACL.

He can be injury prone.

Lets say Iman is injury prone. The Knicks would still be giving up a lot of money and years for an old Steve Nash. The Pheonix Suns have the best training staff, without them who's to say Steve Nash doesn't gets injured. If he does it would be hard to replace him. Iman is easier to replace and if he is injury prone the Knicks can wait out his contract.

Now the worst and best case scenario Iman not injury prone. We give the Suns a great player who can be an all star type player. We keep Iman and have a bright future allowing the Knicks to get more role players.

Forrest17

Rotation player

He can be injury prone.

He could be but we are already so thin in talent. We can't just keep giving up young players for older stars. Lets just hang on to shump and see what happens..

Not to mention I just think kidd would be better for the team. He is more versitle and can occasionally play start at the 2 if needed like he did in Dallas. And he is willing to come off the bench at point which Nash would not be. If we are going to invest a lot of money in Lin, which it looks like we will have to it wouldn't be smart to invest a lot in Nash also. Having that much money in one position isn't a good idea for a team like us over the cap.

And Amar'e only proved to be better with Nash when Amar'e played center. He's never played with a legit center like Tyson before and I feel that is effecting his game more than who the point guard is. Lin can effectively run the point and do it very well, and can play defense decently enough.. and he is trending up not down. He can be our guy for years, not just two at most like nash.

Let Kidd mentor Lin, he just won a title and is probably more willing to do it than Nash also. Kidd will probably Help Lin's development where as I think Nash will kind of impede it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY CANT We CATCH A BREAK...
lol this whole off-season is crazy

Bench players receiving Multi Year deals

Fake rumors left and right

Fake twitter accounts sending false info

Back loaded contracts left and right

Teams getting used for more money

This is what the FA has come to a money hungry war zone get your money while you can. :lol: