Lin apparently signed $40M offer sheet from Houston. NY have 3 days to match

What should the penalty for racist behavior be on here?

• Ban

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Temporary ban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warning

• Scolding

• Whatever! I'm sure we can just ignore it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul1355

All Star
2lo1w2g.jpg

Odds are with Shump out and J.R being a perfect spark off the bench. Woodson might have told Kidd that he will start at SG with Lin at PG.

Kidd can guard SGs, run the floor, hit the 3 and creates more ball movement.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dear Crazy 8's: Passes issued to you and Yellow(I mean orange)blob man. You are supporting your own so I get that. I like sushi, fried rice, and Kung-Fu movies myself.....But damn???? As I have said in the past stick to the game threads where you belong.... Here is the risk that you cats are missing: INJURY. Lin hasn't proved he can stand up to the rigors of an ENTIRE NBA season. So if LIN re-injures himself in camp or in the first month of the season trying to prove he is worth the money, what then???? J Kidd is forced into starting and we are back to square one. Point guards are a dime a dozen. I will keep repeating this. There are more J Lin's in the D-league, undrafted, overseas, or wherever else. Shump will make it back at some point. Do not overpay this kid. You do not need to overpay a PG to win a chip. All you need is a guy to get the ball in STAT/MELO hands, play a little d, and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. The end. Let Houston have the marketing stunt. Keep posting spliced pics because thats what you are good at. I enjoy your game threads. But leave the real talk to the real fans and keep my name outya mouth.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dear Crazy 8's: Passes issued to you and Yellow(I mean orange)blob man. You are supporting your own so I get that. I like sushi, fried rice, and Kung-Fu movies myself.....But damn???? As I have said in the past stick to the game threads where you belong.... Here is the risk that you cats are missing: INJURY. Lin hasn't proved he can stand up to the rigors of an ENTIRE NBA season. So if LIN re-injures himself in camp or in the first month of the season trying to prove he is worth the money, what then???? J Kidd is forced into starting and we are back to square one. Point guards are a dime a dozen. I will keep repeating this. There are more J Lin's in the D-league, undrafted, overseas, or wherever else. Shump will make it back at some point. Do not overpay this kid. You do not need to overpay a PG to win a chip. All you need is a guy to get the ball in STAT/MELO hands, play a little d, and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. The end. Let Houston have the marketing stunt. Keep posting spliced pics because thats what you are good at. I enjoy your game threads. But leave the real talk to the real fans and keep my name outya mouth.

Let's all take a minute to revel in the hypocrisy.

Dear Jim.

If injury is such a gargantuan issue in re-signing Lin, then why is it the Knicks didn't trade Iman Shumpert in a deal for Nash?

Would you say, without meaning to confuse you, that Nash is far more worthy of a contract the likes of Lin's?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
But the Knicks did trade Iman for Nash, Nash has said a million times that he went to LA to stay near his kids

CoolClyde

Red!

damn Red, you assuming Crazy 8's is Asian goes beyond racist, it's ignorant and racist. how do you know OBM is asian as well? because they both support Lin?

you keep saying PG are a dime a dozen, but the Knicks struggled for years under Antoni trying to find a PG who made the Knicks successful. Duhound? no. Felton? for $7M/year he did OK with STAT, but his output went progressively down as season progressed. who else was out there in the D-league or elsewhere, and why didn't the Knicks utilize said dime a dozen PG, until Lin came to town and in a desperation move, was put in the game to start Linsanity. why are you and JimKC (and a couple others) not seeing the 25 game miracle that was? Antoni drove Lin into the ground, the kid was not ready for so many minutes right away, and who would be? who's to say Lin is injury prone because of this? Shumpert has shown himself to be much more prone to knee probs, and JLin is very intellingent, dedicated player who knows he needs to be in tip-top shape to be a starter for the entire season. my money is on Lin (actually Dolan'$) to train this offseason to be the best he can be, and show the world that Linsanity (25 games of excellent play) was not a fluke. be prepared to eat your words, especially your racist ones, when Lin, once again, becomes the savior we all know he can be.

Otherwise, I'll eat fried crow. haha.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Crazy isn't asian, dumb*ss. Was the "Yellow" comment really necessary too? We've seen people banned from here for less.

And this joker called me a racist for saying Melo was a lazy defender. Pfff.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I strongly suspect that one of the posters is a shortsighted Dolan's penny-pinching bookkeeper.

Even if signing Lin to a max contract, it will not in any way hurt the Knicks acquiring another FA. It doesnt add a single dollar to players cap! The only thing thats hurting is Dolan's wallet with luxury tax in the 3rd year. So why the hell wouldn't any Knicks fan want the FO match the Rockets offer??

Unless you are a hater OR Dolan's penny-pinching bookkeeper....

Lin DIDN'T sign the original of 31 million, with player option on 4th year.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/rocket_man_5uRfOZyrqV2UL8HcwZXsnK

Let's just get back to the stone age at the beginning of last season and keep looking for our starting PG out of D league or a vet min PG.

Better yet, lets use our Mid level or add to our cap to sign Lakers castaway Session for 4.55 million, and hope he will not bust like he did during playoff. What a fantastic idea!!

CoolClyde

Red... Nation!

oh wait, i get it. Red is a closet Houston fan, part of Red Nation, a racist Red-neck!

On Twitter yesterday, Morey stated, “RedNation please help me welcome [Lin] back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances.’’

It all makes sense now, the Lin-hate! as clear as an azure sky!
;)j/k

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;240478 said:
Let's all take a minute to revel in the hypocrisy.

Dear Jim.

If injury is such a gargantuan issue in re-signing Lin, then why is it the Knicks didn't trade Iman Shumpert in a deal for Nash?

Would you say, without meaning to confuse you, that Nash is far more worthy of a contract the likes of Lin's?

Because we were able to sign Kidd for the same money as Nash and KEEP Shump.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy isn't asian, dumb*ss. Was the "Yellow" comment really necessary too? We've seen people banned from here for less.

And this joker called me a racist for saying Melo was a lazy defender. Pfff.

Nooooo.... I called you a racist yes because you called MELO lazy and your Colorado address. When I lived out there Chris Jackson was being booed for his religious beliefs and they were having KKK rallies on the steps of your Capitol building.

jimkcchief88

All Star
damn Red, you assuming Crazy 8's is Asian goes beyond racist, it's ignorant and racist. how do you know OBM is asian as well? because they both support Lin?

you keep saying PG are a dime a dozen, but the Knicks struggled for years under Antoni trying to find a PG who made the Knicks successful. Duhound? no. Felton? for $7M/year he did OK with STAT, but his output went progressively down as season progressed. who else was out there in the D-league or elsewhere, and why didn't the Knicks utilize said dime a dozen PG, until Lin came to town and in a desperation move, was put in the game to start Linsanity. why are you and JimKC (and a couple others) not seeing the 25 game miracle that was? Antoni drove Lin into the ground, the kid was not ready for so many minutes right away, and who would be? who's to say Lin is injury prone because of this? Shumpert has shown himself to be much more prone to knee probs, and JLin is very intellingent, dedicated player who knows he needs to be in tip-top shape to be a starter for the entire season. my money is on Lin (actually Dolan'$) to train this offseason to be the best he can be, and show the world that Linsanity (25 games of excellent play) was not a fluke. be prepared to eat your words, especially your racist ones, when Lin, once again, becomes the savior we all know he can be.

Otherwise, I'll eat fried crow. haha.

Hey I like Disney movies, miracles, and fairytales with happy ending as much as the next guy. I really do. But NBA PG's are like NFL running backs. It's crazy to overpay them because they are smallish, injury-prone, and the task can be accomplished by committee. Not to mention diamonds in the rough can easily be found with good scouting. And "marketing" shouldn't even be part of the equation. Winning is all the "marketing" you need. My prediction: we overpay Lin, he is hurt by X-mas, and Kidd is forced into starting. If Lin becomes the big star you guys think, I will gladly eat crow and swallow my words. Even the "racist" ones.:)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Nooooo.... I called you a racist yes because you called MELO lazy and your Colorado address. When I lived out there Chris Jackson was being booed for his religious beliefs and they were having KKK rallies on the steps of your Capitol building.

Noooo....I called Melo a lazy defender, which is true. I also called David Lee a lazy defender. You made yourself look like an a$$ by bringing race in the issue.

So everyone in the whole state of Colorado is racist? For your information, I am originally from New York. I moved out here for work.

There's nothing more pathetic than a racist quick to judge and pull out the racist card. Typical coming from someone from Missouri. As we all know, everyone from Missouri is racist and since you are from Missouri, you are a racist :thup:

See for yourself:

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10374&highlight=racist&page=4
Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play:

The Nuggets have been my second favorite team for years. Not just after the trade. If he can end his inconsistent, inefficient offense, play more team basketball and limit his lazy defensive habits, then great. Maybe being humbled in New York will change him. I hope it does.

But also, some of my hate is how he came here. Forcing us to gut the roster for him. If the reports of a more restrictive CBA coming are true, you won't hear the end of it from me. Melo will become public enemy #1. Hopefully that won't happen, but to me the verdict on this trade is still not in.

jimkcchief88: *inserts foot in mouth*

Your comments in this thread are some of the most racist comments I've seen here and you should be banned from KOL. Completely uncalled for. You are a hypocrite and have serious issues. I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
J Kidd at 39 is a more known commodity and way cheaper.... pair Kidd with the next d-league gem and keep it moving....let Houston regain their asian market with Lin...The Rockets can't compete in a loaded West, which is why they are looking for a guy to sell seats....

Are you nuts?? We should really pair Kidd w the next "d-league gem" and run w that? That will clearly not be enough Jim. And the so called gems in the d league are few and far between. We got extremely lucky w Lin.

The other racist nonsense you've spouted is offensive and I'm not even asian. The comments above are plain idiotic.

Crazy 8's just lives in Japan. He's a white dude from Australia if I'm correct.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Naw I must have hit it pretty close to the truth to get LJ that riled up.... I love the code words "lazy defensive habits"....Is that the same as"colorblind society???" I love being called a racist by a dude that "chose to move to a cowtown for work...." Pot meet kettle. Meanwhile I chose to move from Missouri to the BIG city of Chicago....hmmmmmm....Pull the old threads guys... we are allowed to talk race here and we did intelligently before the dark days: The Starbury Wars. I am not a RACIST, I am a REALIST.

elcol

Rotation player

Where do we even start with this one....

First of all, stop calling other people racist because that is straight hypocrisy due to the fact that you were clearly racist here and u crossed the line.

Second of all, you need to understand that Lin is not some fragile 150 pound kid. The actual reason he got injured is because he went from no minutes to 40 minutes in about a week. I think any athlete can understand that kind of change in playing time. ALSO, we are playing a very shortened and compacted season meaning MORE games in LESS nights. Many players in the NBA got hurt this season. Pair that with Lin's drive-playstyle and yes, that raises the chances of his injury. Next, he is not a 40 minutes a game SG or SF who stood on the wing waiting for a pass. He was in control of the ball a majority of the time during each game.

Basically, your argument about his "durability" does not prove anything. Any player can get injured at any time, but to say he can't handle it is ignorant.

There are not a dime-a-dozen guards in the D-league like Lin. As a matter of fact, the dleague is there for a reason, and Lin is a special case where he really proved himself.

Then you say that all we need to do is get the ball in stat n melos hands.

Really?

Watch our playoff games against the heat and see how baron davis and bibby did with handing the ball to stat and melo. Oh right, we lost 4 to 1. If you think that PG is that insignificant of a position then you don't understand basketball..

There is no downside to re-signing Lin. As i understand it, we don't have any cap space currently in the first place. Dolan can pay the tax with the marketing that Lin earns. MSG will fill with asian supporters that are now interested due to Lin's rise(whether you or I likes it or not) and the money will be made back.

Do you really want Lin or that guy in my avatar?

And once again there is no need for calling someone a bad poster OR being racist...Crazy8's is one of the best posters here and I know exactly how he got his rep....

Crazy⑧s;240459 said:
This is quite the list of adversaries conquered for wins with Lin as the leader of the Knicks. Players far exceeding the likes of those you named as adequate replacements for Jeremy Lin - perhaps with the exception of the worn and torn Chauncey Billups.

I can hardly be f'd to continue on with your monotonous posts, so I'll do myself a favor and C&P the following that was a reply to the excellent newcomer, Billy Hoyle.

So often we hear those that advocate building with youth. The Lin signing, to me, is precisely that. And considering the awesome luck involved, we have a chance to do what seemed so utterly impossible after the LBJ sweepstakes clear out. Now, to add to that stroke of non-Knick-like luck, we have Jason Kidd to help him through it all.

In regard to injury, sure, maybe he doesn't have the mettle to endure a full season. If he doesn't, he'll hardly be one in a million, and the unpredictability of injuries (freak occurrence or otherwise) shouldn't dictate whether or not he's a suitable PG. If anyone disagrees with that, would they then be forced to say that Iman Shumpert is unsuitable for a similar contract when the time comes? I'm sure there are those who consider Shump's worth/game more valuable than Lin's.

If we had drafted a rookie last year that produced what Lin did in the absence of our MAX stars, we'd all be erupting at the schlong if he were not extended. He's only one year removed from Rubio as a pro, and has probably had an equivalent amount of PT.

Considering that money aint a thang here, I can't see the concerns outweighing the advantages from a basketball perspective YET. Reward>Risk.

We'll know very soon what Jeremy Lin's worth, and if things don't work out with him as a team member/individual because of injury, capability, continuity, whatever, we'll be able to trade him for what he is, not what he does or doesn't do.

Sure there are concerns, but there has to be at least far more excessive amount of positives to be optimistic about. No doubt you'll say there are not even an equivalent amount of things to be optimistic about. That's just asinine, IMO.

And believe me, when you're in bed with jimkcchief on anything, you need to check yourself.

YAWN.

lethargic too, hmmm...and you wonder why I'm repeating myself, smh.

Lin, IMO, played liked he had nothing to lose. Dude was tossed around the league and was lucky to catch a HUGH break. You act like Linsanity was always around since he made it into the league, plus the miracle lasted only for a few games…not every time he touched the court. Another thing… I think he was playing reckless simply because he was hungry, but after Miami exposed him, his value (to the team) sunk, he started smelling, and played as many bad games after he played those good ones. People keep talking about the streak but not after the streak died down…after the AS break.

Deep down, I want him to get PAID too because people made money off of him, however I think it’s all over blown bype because of the moment. D’Ant had us looking horrible and some dude that “NOONE KNEW ABOUT!” came in and saved D’ant’s job/life and the fans sanity. Yes, it was a beautiful special moment *claps hands* but it was only a moment…we all saw his flaws soon after.

As far as I know Houston is the only team making a real offer to him and I seriously suspect it’s over some bitchass sourness, i know you remember they waived him, right. It don't seem suspect to you? How long will it take to match the offer, it’s day 2, perhaps some cold feet within the organization, maybe the weekends aren't considered biz days either in the NBA. Any other offers from other teams? Can’t trade something/one if their not wanted, right?

Hopefully, once JLIN gets that paper he buys some conditioning and durability… if he chooses to keep putting his body on the line. However, if we match… “Kidd” will remedy a few of Lin’s issues.

aIso have you forgotten how many games we won without him? Face it, the game is going through the other 3 guys, we’re no longer in D’Antonio’s worthless grips. The examples I’ve given (and can give more) can easily give the rock to either Melo/Stat/ Chandler/J.R….and do more. Lin was in Linbo after the break and all I could do was wish (like every Knick fan) that he comes back strong, focused and improved. Knowing NOW that his presence to the organization isn’t a detriment…I can only hope he’ll be peaking by his 3rd year, where ever that may be.

To add…. If you’re responding to me… why are you putting other posters into this discussion? All I did was make a comment (that is actually similar to many others, I mind you), but some how mines manages to touched you softly, smh.

Anyway, I guess the repetitiveness is an obvious sign that you’re not going to change my opinion on the matter….even after you (mainly others) presented more details. My initial response still stands because the details were in delay. Just don’t go tacking them in this rant of yours as if we all knew “the actual dollars per year, and the addition of Kidd” (this was mentioned). If you have an issue with an opinion... then that opinion may not be the issue.

Moving forward thou...

For the sake of the Knicks, I really hope this works out. Blind optimism has never been one of my strongest attributes

Quoted by RNYB

CoolClyde

appy polly logies to red

hey Red, apologies to you for my redneck remarks, i brain-farted and attributed Jim KC's racist post to you. i guess i grouped the anti-Lin's into one.

sorry.

Jim KC, f*ck you!! hahah, j/k, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
like a$$holes, everybody's got one. but seriously, whew, you really stirred the wok!

jimkcchief88

All Star
hey Red, apologies to you for my redneck remarks, i brain-farted and attributed Jim KC's racist post to you. i guess i grouped the anti-Lin's into one.

sorry.

Jim KC, f*ck you!! hahah, j/k, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
like a$$holes, everybody's got one. but seriously, whew, you really stirred the wok!

OMG u said stirred the "wok" therefore you must be a racist:) I got left out of the end of season awards this year: "don't call it a comeback":)

Status
Not open for further replies.