2012-2013 Official Knicks Roster

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
To be honest Lin should come off the bench but he wont

If we were starting Shumpert, I'd take Lin in the starting line up but with Smith as the 2 we need a legit pass first PG which Lin is not in the starting line up

Makes sense, sort of like the Jason Terry, Harden mold, instant offense off the bench. A distributor especially if Smith starts makes much more sense. Lin would still get a good bulk of PT. I would imagine Kidd gets the first 5, maybe the last 5 of the first half, top 5 of the 2nd and if it's a game, the last 5.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
This post sounds like someone who just reads the newspapers and didn't actually watch the games....Lin took over basketball games single handedly and he did it with both Mike D and Woodson as his coach.

I was at most of the home games, btw I witnessed his follies & some of his great moments. But also witnessed stars for the opposing team sidelined due to injury. Not like everyone was 100% during last season, was the perfect time for a LinSanity to evolve!

Everything you just said ~ proves that Kidd has the experience and know how for Lin to learn from, coming off the bench is NOT the end of the world. But with 3 Scorers on the court you need that PASS FIRST PRESENCE AT PG, not another scoring PG who is NOT ready to take the reigns "IF" we want to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! Having Kidd start won't cripple Jeremy's ego, but give him that "WILL" to get better.

Some players have the ability & some players have to bust their hump to earn those chances. I don't believe Lin has earned anything YET! 25 Games is still just 25 Games. Did he win all 25 Games, NO!

We have limited players on the bench besides Steve Novak that could put points up, so placing a young inexperience point guard that is a slasher/scorer with upside to learn from an All-Pro Point Guard like a Jason Kidd where he still might have more minutes then Jason but the "TEAM" will benefit.

Long 82 Game season, anything could happen ~ Lin could earn those chances to start & maybe he plays well, what happens if he is the liability?

What if, Jeremy Lin proves he is NOT worth the $$$s he just signed on the dotted line?

What are people going to say then?

Why NOT play it safe put someone for Jeremy to learn from! Then praying he will be the LinSanity of which he was last season in the condensed 66 Game season where he became the Hot Commodity he is now!

I am NOT saying he doesn't deserve a chance to be the Starter! BUT, handing over the reigns to a player that become successful in a condensed 66 Game season where half the league was banged up due to injuries.

On top everything you said, Lin still could have the minutes, but doesn't have to be the starter! People don't fear Jeremy, but they RESPECT Jason!

Jason still has game, enough game to be a threat! If we want to win NOW, Season Opener we start Jason Kidd, by Season End Jeremy Lin could overtake Kidd's Starting Role!

Last edited:

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I was at most of the home games, btw I witnessed his follies & some of his great moments. But also witnessed stars for the opposing team sidelined due to injury. Not like everyone was 100% during last season, was the perfect time for a LinSanity to evolve!

Everything you just said ~ proves that Kidd has the experience and know how for Lin to learn from, coming off the bench is NOT the end of the world. But with 3 Scorers on the court you need that PASS FIRST PRESENCE AT PG, not another scoring PG who is NOT ready to take the reigns "IF" we want to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! Having Kidd start won't cripple Jeremy's ego, but give him that "WILL" to get better.

Some players have the ability & some players have to bust their hump to earn those chances. I don't believe Lin has earned anything YET! 25 Games is still just 25 Games. Did he win all 25 Games, NO!

We have limited players on the bench besides Steve Novak that could put points up, so placing a young inexperience point guard that is a slasher/scorer with upside to learn from an All-Pro Point Guard like a Jason Kidd where he still might have more minutes then Jason but the "TEAM" will benefit.

Long 82 Game season, anything could happen ~ Lin could earn those chances to start & maybe he plays well, what happens if he is the liability?

What if, Jeremy Lin proves he is NOT worth the $$$s he just signed on the dotted line?

What are people going to say then?

Why NOT play it safe put someone for Jeremy to learn from! Then praying he will be the LinSanity of which he was last season in the condensed 66 Game season where he became the Hot Commodity he is now!

I am NOT saying he doesn't deserve a chance to be the Starter! BUT, handing over the reigns to a player that become successful in a condensed 66 Game season where half the league was banged up due to injuries.

On top everything you said, Lin still could have the minutes, but doesn't have to be the starter! People don't fear Jeremy, but they RESPECT Jason!

Jason still has game, enough game to be a threat! If we want to win NOW, Season Opener we start Jason Kidd, by Season End Jeremy Lin could overtake Kidd's Starting Role!

Starter or bench, but I'd be surprised if Kidd averaged more than 24 minutes this season. Kidd starts the first 5, the final 5 of the first half, starts the first 5 of the 2nd half and if it's still a game the last 5 minutes Kidd will be in.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Kidd/Felton/Pablo
JR/White/?? *Shumpert
Melo/Novak
STAT/K.Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Still need that Shooting Guard

Paul1355

All Star
Kidd/Felton/Pablo
JR/White/?? *Shumpert
Melo/Novak
STAT/K.Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Still need that Shooting Guard

sounds about right....
sadface3.jpg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;242121 said:
Felton could be S&T'd. Who knows? Jimmy White has been getting a lot of praise for his passing and handles if reports are true.

Yeah. I watched the Knicks summer league game against Memphis, and White had 7 assists. He had pretty good court awareness. I didn't see a lot of "Flight" though. lol

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
2012-----2011

Lin---------Lin
Felton-----davis
Kidd-------landry
smith------smith
prigioni----bibby
melo-------melo
novak------novak
white------walker
stat-------stat
thomas----jeffries (bittersweet, im still torn though)
chandler---chandler
camby-----harrellson/jordan--------vet min SG

*shump---shump

i do believe the knicks will match houston, and the felton move is their checkmate to houston ****ing them over.

this would mean kidd is the opening day SG, which i really couldve seen happening anyway.

Lin/Felton/Prigioni
Kidd/Smith/*Shump/vet min sg
Melo/Novak/White
Stat/Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Paul1355

All Star
Maybe Kmart to that PF/sf list. With Thomas splitting time with C/PF
Maybe Lin,Felton,Kidd split time at SG, with white and Smith till Shumps back. Pablo wont do much. Not sure who that last 1-3 guys will be...

I would love the idea of resigning Lin and making Kidd the starting 2 guard. Jeremy can be more of a scorer and Kidd can orchestrate while Jeremy learns how to orchestrate with 3 years of mentoring.

Felton is not as good as Kidd or Lin so he would be the backup PG off the bench, Prigioni would get spot minutes. Smith would come off the bench as well.

Shump coming back would be when we would have to move someone.

Maybe we can just resign Lin then trade him to some team that would take Amare?

Think Houston would take Lin and Amare???

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
So.... were looking at this?

Felton|Kidd|Pablo
?|JR|Shump (until January)
Melo|Novak|White
Stat|Thomas
Chandler|Camby

I think we need to find a Reliable starting shooting guard.

I dont think Kidd should be playing heavy mins at SG and i dont think JR is reliable enough to step in as SG, he's better off the bench

Paul1355

All Star
So.... were looking at this?

Felton|Kidd|Pablo
?|JR|Shump (until January)
Melo|Novak|White
Stat|Thomas
Chandler|Camby

I think we need to find a Reliable starting shooting guard.

I dont think Kidd should be playing heavy mins at SG and i dont think JR is reliable enough to step in as SG, he's better off the bench

You think Woodson will have a starting backcourt of Felton and Kidd?

Kidd can guard the 2 spot and it makes J.R a sixth man off the bench.

This is my lineup I think Woody will do.

He will need to give Priogioni decent minutes...

Felton/Prigioni
Kidd/J.R/White
Melo/Novak/White
Amare/Thomas/Copeland
Chandler/Camby

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You think Woodson will have a starting backcourt of Felton and Kidd?

Kidd can guard the 2 spot and it makes J.R a sixth man off the bench.

This is my lineup I think Woody will do.

He will need to give Priogioni decent minutes...

Felton/Prigioni
Kidd/J.R/White
Melo/Novak/White
Amare/Thomas/Copeland
Chandler/Camby
Kidd can play the 2, but i'm not so sure it's good for him to be there permanently until Shump returns, i think we will see stretches where Kidd is playing the 2 spot, I have a feeling where not done making moves. There are still alot of Shooting guard FA's who can be had for cheap available.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Your 2012-2013 New York Knicks

So now we basically have our team. I would update if any changes are made. Right now we look like this

Felton/Kidd/
JR/Shumpert
Melo/Novak
Amare/Copeland?
Tyson/Camby

This team can be really good. The only thing I don't like is that this team has nobody but shumpert in 3 years. What do you guys think? And where do you see us in the standings next season?
Skip sees us as an 7th or 8th seed
Stephen A sees us as a 5 seed.

I would say 4 or 5. Thoughts?

petescud

Starter
I'm praying we make the playoffs...No Shump for more then 1/2 season and when he returns will take time to get in shape. What happens if JR Smith gets hurt. So pure SG. I'm kinda scared. Hope your right