2012-2013 Official Knicks Roster

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It's okay the PF is so thin, because the SF position is chubby enough for both positions.

This is an ugly band-aid team.

It doesn't help that we have Woodson and all his awesome wisdom at the helm.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
My thing is that, however you feel about Gallinari and Wilson Chandler and D'Antoni, we basically made a very expensive lateral move.

This isn't a Championship team, not in today's league, not in today's Eastern Conference.

We're going to be slightly better than a borderline playoffs team. We already had that before the Melo trade, but that team also had flexibility to make a move for a Real Superstar. And it was more fun to watch.

It's just appalling that all the "rebuilding" years under Donnie Walsh have amounted to another Steve Francis-Marbury-Curry-Randolph team.

wynton

Rookie
If EVERYTHING breaks exactly right - such as Felton and Stat returning to their form 2 seasons ago and Smith and Melo playing unselfishly - I could see a 4 seed.

But I think it's also worth pointing out the potential for disaster.

Kidd/Camby/Thomas could easily get injured and/or suddenly act their age. Smith could continue to shoot a low percentage and prove to be a real bad starter. Stat may never be anything more than he was last year. Felton may not be close to what he was under D'Antoni. Shump might not round into form until March.

Team could also be kind of ugly stylistically. We may well be looking at an iso-heavy offense, with rare fast-breaks. And while they all played defense under Woodson last year, that might turn out to have been an aberration, created by the urgency to make the playoffs. Team is likely to be unathletic and slow.

I'm expecting something between the best case and worse case scenarios.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
If EVERYTHING breaks exactly right - such as Felton and Stat returning to their form 2 seasons ago and Smith and Melo playing unselfishly - I could see a 4 seed.

But I think it's also worth pointing out the potential for disaster.

Kidd/Camby/Thomas could easily get injured and/or suddenly act their age. Smith could continue to shoot a low percentage and prove to be a real bad starter. Stat may never be anything more than he was last year. Felton may not be close to what he was under D'Antoni. Shump might not round into form until March.

Team could also be kind of ugly stylistically. We may well be looking at an iso-heavy offense, with rare fast-breaks. And while they all played defense under Woodson last year, that might turn out to have been an aberration, created by the urgency to make the playoffs. Team is likely to be unathletic and slow.

I'm expecting something between the best case and worse case scenarios.

Let's knock out this notion of Amar'e and Felton returning to their from from 2 seasons ago.

Felton will never in a million years be a 17/9 player again and Amar'e is sitting in the worst possible offense for his talents. So right there we have a pretty big problem.

It's alarming that Felton chose to mail in his contract season and now he is playing for 3$m here. Red flag.

wynton

Rookie
I'd also like to add that, if this team doesn't break out of the gates and win quickly, I predict the boo-birds will quickly turn on them (particularly if Lin puts up good numbers in Houston).

I think Woodson is in a very difficult situation and could easily (and probably unfairly) be fired if things go badly.

I'd also like to add that, if this team doesn't break out of the gates and win quickly, I predict the boo-birds will quickly turn on them (particularly if Lin puts up good numbers in Houston).

I think Woodson is in a very difficult situation and could easily (and probably unfairly) be fired if things go badly.

Whether or not Knicks' fans will boo is a pretty simple equation. If Knicks losing = then fans will boo. It's not like our home crowd was gentle in this regard prior to this season and Lin being gone.

tiger0330

Legend
So now we basically have our team. I would update if any changes are made. Right now we look like this

Felton/Kidd/
JR/Shumpert
Melo/Novak
Amare/Copeland?
Tyson/Camby

This team can be really good. The only thing I don't like is that this team has nobody but shumpert in 3 years. What do you guys think? And where do you see us in the standings next season?
Skip sees us as an 7th or 8th seed
Stephen A sees us as a 5 seed.

I would say 4 or 5. Thoughts?
We're not beating the Heat with this roster. Too many question marks for me, will Amare and Felton play like the 2010 Amare and Felton? Copeland at the backup PF, can't believe that. Kidd won't be a game changer by virtue of the limited minutes he'll play. JR is a question mark, he wasn't anything special last year and how will Shump come back from his injury.

The 5 looks pretty solid but it's basically a brand new team that may need to build chemistry all over again. I don't think we'll be REALLY good, maybe good. We also pretty much shot all our bullets in FA and anybody walking in the door is going to be a vet min player from here on out.

wynton

Rookie
There's booing, and then there's booing. My point is that the fans will have an unusually short tolerance level this year, especially if it looks like Lin is thriving in Houston.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Raymond Felton es going to enjoy the worst time of his life.

Also, we've already seen his best version (which he won't achieve again, for obvious reasons) and it's not good enough, not what we need.

I do have some hopes on the one player that you, inexcusably, left out of the roster: Pablo Prigioni.
Prigioni is the best pick and roll PG in the world after Nash and I think he's capable of making STAT look like he's worth 20 millions a year. He's defenitely a better passer than Felton ever was and has a leadership comparable only to Kidd's. I think we will get a lot out of him running a second unit, specially if Stat is in it. Don't expect much from him on the defensive side, tho.

Counting Shump Shump, these are the rotations that I'm looking forward to seeing:
____
Felton
Kidd
Shumpert Iso-Melo and great defense
Anthony
Chandler
____
Prigioni
White
Novak Pick and Roll mainly, Novak 3s
Stoudemire
Camby

There is no need to point out that STAT won't give up his starter spot. But we already saw what that "big 3" lineup was (un)capable of.

Edit: Oh, and when you read White, you should read "PLEASE GET A DECENT SHOOTING GUARD!"

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
It's championship or bust season.

You give away all your future and draft picks and collect all the veterans from nursing homes to do what?
to win it that particular year.

So you can officially say the post Isiah rebuild years are over.
And if we dont win it this year , or at least make it to the EC championship-
the team should start on the rebuild again.

The problem is - you bring in the wisdom of D Walsh, but overrule his ass on everything and send him packing to Indiana and let G-wald take over just to Yes-Man Dolan and Isiah... There was no leadership once Donnie left.

The only fix to the Knicks if we cant win it would be to have Dolan somehow sell the team, and the odds of that happening are 0.00000000000.....1 %. - damn , sad :boohoo:

skisloper

Starter
Raymond Felton es going to enjoy the worst time of his life.

Also, we've already seen his best version (which he won't achieve again, for obvious reasons) and it's not good enough, not what we need.

I do have some hopes on the one player that you, inexcusably, left out of the roster: Pablo Prigioni.
Prigioni is the best pick and roll PG in the world after Nash and I think he's capable of making STAT look like he's worth 20 millions a year. He's defenitely a better passer than Felton ever was and has a leadership comparable only to Kidd's. I think we will get a lot out of him running a second unit, specially if Stat is in it. Don't expect much from him on the defensive side, tho.

Counting Shump Shump, these are the rotations that I'm looking forward to seeing:
____
Felton
Kidd
Shumpert Iso-Melo and great defense
Anthony
Chandler
____
Prigioni
White
Novak Pick and Roll mainly, Novak 3s
Stoudemire
Camby

There is no need to point out that STAT won't give up his starter spot. But we already saw what that "big 3" lineup was (un)capable of.

Edit: Oh, and when you read White, you should read "PLEASE GET A DECENT SHOOTING GUARD!"

I agree with u about Pablo......I wonder why Felton was told he is the starting pg...........
this team looks washed up

Kiyaman

Legend
How much rope will our ole-veterans give to our nut-trio "Stat/Melo/Smith" before they become a domino injury package in the 2012-13 season?

Felton as a starter or backup PG is dangerous, skepticle, and very questionable for any winning team.

JR.Smith receiving above 20 minutes of playintime per game will keep us under a .500 record team.

Carmelo & Smith or Carmelo & Stat or Carmelo & Kidd are three undecisive pairs that will be question throughout the entire 2012-13 season.

The offseason signing of Camby, K.Thomas, and Kidd are great strategic teammates with playoff experience to have on a team. The ole-veteran trio would make great developers of young (keeper) players .. if the Knicks had any.

Felton/Kidd - grade C
JR/Shumpert -grade F
Melo/Novak - grade C
Stat/Thomas -grade B
Tyson/Camby -grade B+
Coach Woody -grade C+

Our weakness of not having a decent SG on the roster gives our team grade a C.
No injuries in Training-Camp will be a plus for the Knicks

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Felton/Kidd/Prig
Brewer/Smith/Shumpy
Melo/Novak/Copeland/White
STAT/Thomas
Chandler/Camby

I'd enjoy seeing Kmart, what else do we need?

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Maybe a better 3 point threat but other than that our roster actually looks pretty good and I mean top 3 Eastern Conference good. We'll see as the season goes along though. I just hope we stay healthy. :pray:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Maybe a better 3 point threat but other than that our roster actually looks pretty good and I mean top 3 Eastern Conference good. We'll see as the season goes along though. I just hope we stay healthy. :pray:
We have Jswish and the King of the Trey Novak.
Not to mention Melo hits 3's as does Kidd.