Steve Nash

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I don't think Shump is the future face of NYK either.

I am against acquiring Nash because of his age and projected financial burden. I am against acquiring Nash because he is not the missing piece that will propel us past Miami. I disagree with the pro-Nash trade posters that Nash will all of a sudden transform our dysfunctional offense into the Dream Team.

And I am against acquiring Nash because supposedly he and he only will resurrect STAT's morbid career.

I full heartedly understand everything you said. I agree with most of it. I do understand why so many are pissed. But again its where we are right now. Were stuck with that morbid, cant rebound to save his life, uninsured teerrible contract, Stat. Were stuck with ball stopping Melo. We Have A very good Center in Chandler. Its a win now mentality roster, who wont win now. I think the FO knows it. So theyre going to try one more desperate move by bringing in Nash to try and glue it all together. I understand that point of view also.

Again were ****ed if we do. ****ed if we dont. Just ****ed in general.

I do appologize for the moron comments and personal attacks. It doesnt do anything to get a point across. I admit when im wrong so i do appologize for that.

skisloper

Starter
I love Chris Rock, but he doesn't understand talent. It totally IS about Steve Nash NOT being Steve Francis. One is an elite, HOF floor general who can realistically push 2- 3 more really gd years out of himself. The other is just a gd scoring guard who was seriously on the downside. Nash will make a huge impact. That comment was idiotic. You do this deal.

I'll take Nash and a 2 yr championship window spank you very much.

ARIZIA was a throw in by Isiah...orlando did not even ask for him...
Just like when Isiah picked Balkman because phenix started a rumor they may take him

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@daldridgetnt: The Founders worked July 4, so... source confirms sign/trade talks between Knicks/Suns 4 Nash back on, w/NY now willing 2 include Shumpert.

tumblr_lkcpzstraA1qdlkgg.gif

Wargames

Starter
I love Chris Rock, but he doesn't understand talent. It totally IS about Steve Nash NOT being Steve Francis. One is an elite, HOF floor general who can realistically push 2- 3 more really gd years out of himself. The other is just a gd scoring guard who was seriously on the downside. Nash will make a huge impact. That comment was idiotic. You do this deal.

I'll take Nash and a 2 yr championship window spank you very much.

Thats the problem your commen is so shortsided and based on nothing but hope and then you say I'm being idiotic??? If the Knicks had made it deep into the playoffs and their offensive problems caused them to lose a series .... Then go for Nash. Right now the Knicks have no idea what they need and are trying to make a plan work that would of been great Pre-Melo trade when they had the pieces to make a Nash trade a real Contender. Instead you guys are saying trade anything to hope Nash fixes the Knicks mess? That's why the Knicks can't win good things like Divisions and Championships.

Anyhow that didn't happen so don't say 2 year window like that means anything. The Knicks are a mishmash of half a**ed retools and rebuilds right now and they are trying to add Nash to that? So that means they are contenders now?

Also don't forget no SG on the entire roster. But clearly this is a genius move give the promising rookie away to a team In A S&T when the other team other option is get nothing at all for Nash.... It's a dumb trade by an organization known for dumb trades. Call a spade a spade.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incarcerated Bob incarceratedbob

@

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Steve Nash is now property of NY Knicks -- Deal will be announced before weekend.. Nash is a KNICK! EspnLate 6:24pm - 4 Jul 12

Well boys it looks like we have Nash

WeReady

Benchwarmer
you got to it be for i did Isola is reporting the the thing
[Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN]
The Raptors should look on the bright side: at least they have Landry Fields.

The day will come when Knicks fans will be held accountable for not wanting to trade a promising rookie with a torn ACL for the greatest passer in the history of the NBA.

Wargames

Starter
The day will come when Knicks fans will be held accountable for not wanting to trade a promising rookie with a torn ACL for the greatest passer in the history of the NBA.

John Stockton is coming out of retirement? That's news to me.

@daldridgetnt: The Founders worked July 4, so... source confirms sign/trade talks between Knicks/Suns 4 Nash back on, w/NY now willing 2 include Shumpert.

tumblr_lkcpzstraA1qdlkgg.gif

Just so I'm clear, that's from Glee, right? You're a pillar of this community, please no.

Wargames

Starter
Alright, y'know what? That's fair. But if Stockton is the greatest NBA passer of all-time, Nash remains in serious consideration for #2 all-time w/o shame.

I will give #4 behind Magic and Isiah cause they won it all and played at that same level and the homer in me wants to include Clyde but I won't.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I dont know. Bobs usually pretty solid in his reporting, but his tweeets of this magntude usually make the rounds faster then what they are. I too want to see someone else report it..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hope shump isnt part of the package, you cant be dumb if your knicks FO. that will be a huge hustle by the Suns if they walk away with shumpert for a guy whos leaving anyways, we should use that to our advantage if we dont get em, **** it. theres plenty of options out there for us to grab. be smart. :boohoo:

I will give #4 behind Magic and Isiah cause they won it all and played at that same level and the homer in me wants to include Clyde but I won't.

No shame in being the 4th or 5th greatest passer in the history of the game. Everything changes if he comes to us and actually wins something though.

Wargames

Starter
No shame in being the 4th or 5th greatest passer in the history of the game. Everything changes if he comes to us and actually wins something though.

Your right no shame in that but he is at the end of his career and their is no real sign that he's whats needed to get the Knicks in the second round let alone a championship.

To put my whole argument into perspective. I'm not saying Nash sucks he is a HOF PG what I am saying is who knows if a HOF PG is what the Knicks need and with this move the Knicks have very little left to try to alter thing leading up to 2015. Also in 2015 the Knicks will be slaves to the market once again. Last time that happened we got Amare and that so far hasn't worked out as planned.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I full heartedly understand everything you said. I agree with most of it. I do understand why so many are pissed. But again its where we are right now. Were stuck with that morbid, cant rebound to save his life, uninsured teerrible contract, Stat. Were stuck with ball stopping Melo. We Have A very good Center in Chandler. Its a win now mentality roster, who wont win now. I think the FO knows it. So theyre going to try one more desperate move by bringing in Nash to try and glue it all together. I understand that point of view also.

Again were ****ed if we do. ****ed if we dont. Just ****ed in general.

I do appologize for the moron comments and personal attacks. It doesnt do anything to get a point across. I admit when im wrong so i do appologize for that.

Apology accepted. I always enjoy a heated debate as long as we can stay on topic. :)

I really don't understand why getting Nash would fix the plethora of problems this Knicks team has. Considering the asking price, I'd pass on this SnT. Knowing Dolan, he won't.

Red

TYPE-A
i hope shump isnt part of the package, you cant be dumb if your knicks FO. that will be a huge hustle by the Suns if they walk away with shumpert for a guy whos leaving anyways, we should use that to our advantage if we dont get em, **** it. theres plenty of options out there for us to grab. be smart. :boohoo:

I told yall Shump is expendable, especially with an ACL injury (that I believe is his 2nd on the same knee)

and given the "win now" approach and such.

Really including him is no surprise; the first priority would be to use him to pair with STAT for a trade, if not then acquire a PG like Nash with him... no biggie given our need for floor leadership

(because Lin too was a BIG question mark)

THE REAL ISSUE IS WHO WILL PLAY THE TWO...

ironically thats the same question we had BEFORE TRADING SHUMP. Go figure. Maybe Lin plays the two...IDK. then again Lin had trouble guarding the one.
:smokin: