Kidd to Knicks

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Got our backup PG who will mold Lin to a terrific starter. Love the move next up foye and camby

Seba

Benchwarmer
You can tell I'm a Knicks fan because I'm actually scared to know the details. Who knows what we paid for this.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He ditched the Mavs

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/220979940529676288

"In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal"

In an unforeseen reversal, Jason Kidd has decided to leave the Dallas Mavericks to join the New York Knicks, according to sources familiar with the decision.

With the Mavericks confident that they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't actually be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd could ultimately move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd was ultimately swayed to take the Knicks' offer to come to New York and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference and also mentor fans darling' Jeremy Lin.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8133070/source-jason-kidd-agrees-deal-new-york-knicks
Theres some extra sources for you (if some of you may think that twitter is fake lol) NICE FINE REP

skisloper

Starter
finally something good....

although when knicks nets played in the playoffs fans were yelling wife beater at Kidd.....

AndHereWeGo.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This is great

But
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob 7m Kidd joining Knicks does not mean Felton isn't coming. #Lin on the other hand... Hmmm

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I love it. Guys are on here calling Nash an old man, an old fart, but now we are happy about Kidd?

Unlike Kidd, Nash can play at an all-star or near all-star level for the next 3 years.

Kidd is coming to New York to keel over and die. But before he keels, he'll shoot 25% from the field for us.

I don't know, man.

I mean, it can't hurt to have a hall of famer like Kidd on the team, but let's not get carried away.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Love the move but what does this mean for Lin?

Is there something the media doesn't know about in which we are about to loose him or is he coming off the bench?

KBlack25

Starter
This is great

But
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob 7m Kidd joining Knicks does not mean Felton isn't coming. #Lin on the other hand... Hmmm

Incarcerated Bob is full of ****.

If you listen to a word he says I have no interest in reading your opinion as a sports fan.

I love it. Guys are on here calling Nash an old man, an old fart, but now we are happy about Kidd?

Unlike Kidd, Nash can play at an all-star or near all-star level for the next 3 years.

Kidd is coming to New York to keel over and die. But before he keels, he'll shoot 25% from the field for us.

I don't know, man.

I mean, it can't hurt to have a hall of famer like Kidd on the team, but let's not get carried away.

I think the big difference for a lot of Knicks' fans is that signing Kidd doesn't cost us Shump. Kidd also can still play a little defense, unlike Nash. Overall, I would have preferred Nash, but Kidd is better than the diddly squat we were about to get from this offseason.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
orangeblobman said:

I don't know, man.

Unlike nash, kidd is a cheaper and better defensive player who is willing to take a backseat to lin. Unlike nash, kidd is a champion who has so much more postseason experience than nash. Not saying i wouldnt take nash over kidd but this is the smarter signing.