Kidd to Knicks

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
#Knicks spent lot of day working on sign and trade with Dallas to preserve mini midlevel but couldn't complete. Confident though.

JS3

Benchwarmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIWbN9nzvIU
everybody talks about the 'Mentor' for Lin, are you kidd-ing me???

Jason is a beast, at 39, he is still a better passer then half of the league, plus, he has great chemistry with Mr perfect %FG Tyson.

Amare? should bloom with him, Melo? more cuts & slashes and he will get easy buckets, all this with Lin and Kidd sharing 15-20 Min will be bless to us Knicks fans.
A good and experienced PG need to make all the roster to co-exist, a good coach need to give good instruction in order the team to co-exist, right now, we have 2/2.

Yes Amare must improve on both sides of the floor, but, if we get ourselves average/good supporting PF(defensive mind) it will awesome team, even without top ten SG, team that relays on its front-court doesn't have to bring to the table SG superstar, we have SF superstar, and rising PG, just make the passes to Tyson/Amare, Melo will come from screens, and we are good to go

Forrest17

Rotation player
This makes me very happy.

I have been saying all along he would be much better for this team than Nash, even though nash is a better player at this point

Kidd is more flexible. he can play the 2, play some slightly ok defense, is willing to come off the bench, costs less, and we don't have to make our already thin guard lineup even thinner by trading shump to get him.

Now go Get either Camby, or Mayo and LETS GOOOO

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Great pickup. Veteran pickup and I think J Kidd has a little tread left on those tires. I thought Kidd was just using the Knicks for leverage, but I guess NY by way of Dallas is the new pipeline. Shows our boys are serious. Can't wait to see how Woody stirs this drink. Hate to tell ya Lin fans, but Linsanity in NYC is over.:)

LOL at a 39 who's on the decline will be the new knicks sensation, like the hero Baron Davis?

P-Jax was right, what a clumsy team, what a joke.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
This makes me very happy.

I have been saying all along he would be much better for this team than Nash, even though nash is a better player at this point

Kidd is more flexible. he can play the 2, play some slightly ok defense, is willing to come off the bench, costs less, and we don't have to make our already thin guard lineup even thinner by trading shump to get him.

Now go Get either Camby, or Mayo and LETS GOOOO

Kidd doesn't play defense, his wife did.

Kidd doesn't play defense, his wife did.

images

TakMan

Rotation player
Just the fact that a player of Kidd's calibre and history joins the Knicks is great news from many perspectives. Whether it's experience, ability, or mentoring, Kidd can deliver. What I am unsure of is whether the Knicks should meet Houston's offer for Lin. If they do, it will be mainly from a commercial standpoint as Lin is still too unproven in this league to warrant such a contract. Kidd will turn out to be a valuable addition. His age is irrelevant if one considers he was locking Wade out of the paint this time last year.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman 27m #Knicks-Dallas still hammering out sign-and-trade today to preserve mid-level but Kidd will be a Knick nyp.st/N1qiJT

Eman

Benchwarmer
Very happy about this signing. Having Jason Kidd finish up his career with the New York Knicks is quite the honor.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn
Also in NBA Free Agency
Jason Kidd explained his sudden change of heart from Mavs to Knicks to the Star-Telegram: "They have a lot of pieces, which is intriguing to me. Hopefully, I can fit in." Kidd admitted he woke up Thursday morning set on staying with Dallas, but played a round of golf and then the thought of it "just didn't feel right." He's been on Long Island recently playing golf, we should tell you here. Also, he just bought a place in the Hamptons. Perhaps New York Rangers center Brad Richards, a noted summer Hamptonite, caught up with him?

Alan Hahn
More Kidd (via Star-Telegram): "It was close . . . I talked to my wife about it and my agent and we all kind of agreed that if you feel like you want to go to New York and try to help them, then you should. So that's the decision we made." Kidd mentioned Jeremy Lin prominently, actually, first, among the "pieces" on the team, along with "Carmelo and Tyson and those guys." He did forget to mention Amar'e Stoudemire. LOL
about a minute ago

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alan Hahn
Also in NBA Free Agency
Jason Kidd explained his sudden change of heart from Mavs to Knicks to the Star-Telegram: "They have a lot of sexy B*tches in New York, which is intriguing to me. Hopefully, I can fit inside them." Kidd admitted he woke up Thursday morning set on staying with Dallas, but played a round of Strip Poker and then the thought of it "just didn't feel right." He's been on Long Island recently playing strip poker with Tina Cervasio, we should tell you here. Also, he just bought a place in the Hamptons. Perhaps New York Rangers center Brad Richards, a noted summer Hamptonite, caught up with him?

Alan Hahn
More Kidd (via Star-Telegram): "It was close . . . I talked to my wife about it and my agent and we all kind of agreed that if you feel like you want to go to New York and try to help them, then you should. So that's the decision we made." Kidd mentioned Jeremy Lin prominently, actually, first, among the "pieces" on the team, along with "Carmelo and Tyson and those guys." He did forget to mention Amar'e Stoudemire. LOL
about a minute ago
:lol: Fixed

hey peeps im backkkkk

I will say this for Jason Kidds season last year,

Like alot of veterans as well as prime players, and young players

last season was a farce with regards to output,

there was a lack of production on all fronts,

kevin durant
Amare
Kidd
Wade
Deron Will
Howard
Ray Allen
Melo

the list goes on of players who struggled through bumps and bruises
decreased shooting percentages
inconsistent play on back to back to back nights

I feel like with a legitimate offseason

a legitimate training camp

a legitimate schedule

kidds numbers as well as many others would have been closer to the norm

We also have to remember that jason kidd's percentages through out his career were always predicated on finishers

i.e. kenyon martin, vince carter, richard jefferson, Tyson chandler, Danny manning Cliffing robinson etc etc etc

last year the only solid finishers were a declining vince carter, a declining shawn marion, and a relegated to jump shooting dirk , who admittedly stated the offseason killed him in terms of coming into the season in shape

I foreshadow the old man being able to savy his way into 8 assists a game starting or not starting with a plethora of finishers i.e jr smith, melo, amare, chandler, and when shumpert comes back, having some one running the wing with kidd will only enhance what he can do

36 pct shooting turns into 42 pct shooting at the fg range and tp range as kidd will not have to bail out possessions by taking last second shots, he will always find a weapon, always.

pick and roll with melo, putting melo in position in the post, pick and roll with chandler, pick and roll with amare, drive and kick with smith.

the bottom line is kidd will demand the respect of the coach to run the offense through his eyes, and that will only help lin learn how to do the same

this is a win win, and for 3 million a year and keep shumpert, I believe the knicks will finish with a better record than the lakers this year.

we have an old pg with a bunch of weapons in their prime

as opposed to the lakers have an old pg with a bunch of old weapons past their prime ( I know kobes numbers are solid, but during the playoffs it was evident the man isnt what he used to be, if his jump shot is a little bit off the team struggles incredibly).

metrocard

Legend
Positives
1. No Felton in NYC; meaning a inefficient out of shape overrated PG who's built for medicority.
2. J-Kidd is a great defender and rebounder. Having him at PG and Chandler at C will solidfy and lead our defense to a top 3 level of play.
3. J-Kidd's passing ability is still there. I feel like he can average 7-9 assist for us, and 4-6 points.
4. Leadership. J-Kidd plays championship type basketball. No wreckless turnovers, selfish play, and chucking. He leads by examples and guides others to work like him.
5. The price of the contract is fair.

Negatives
1. Can Kidd arrise and make a comeback season after having his worst season in the NBA?
2. Kidd is the oldest guard in the NBA right now, how will that impact his level of play?
3. Kidd is a former Net and Knick killer, one of the Knicks most hated players along with Keyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. Can the TRUE Knick fans move on from the past and can J-Kidd turn the hate into love with his play?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm not in love with this signing but I don't hate it either. I can also see him finishing close games for us. That's when Woodson could really use his basketball IQ.

Overall, I think him being here gets us a few more wins just by limiting bad plays in the 4th qtr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIWbN9nzvIU
everybody talks about the 'Mentor' for Lin, are you kidd-ing me???

Jason is a beast, at 39, he is still a better passer then half of the league, plus, he has great chemistry with Mr perfect %FG Tyson.

Amare? should bloom with him, Melo? more cuts & slashes and he will get easy buckets, all this with Lin and Kidd sharing 15-20 Min will be bless to us Knicks fans.
A good and experienced PG need to make all the roster to co-exist, a good coach need to give good instruction in order the team to co-exist, right now, we have 2/2.

Yes Amare must improve on both sides of the floor, but, if we get ourselves average/good supporting PF(defensive mind) it will awesome team, even without top ten SG, team that relays on its front-court doesn't have to bring to the table SG superstar, we have SF superstar, and rising PG, just make the passes to Tyson/Amare, Melo will come from screens, and we are good to go
psst. 5 and 5. He's done. Tricked Glenn into giving him a retirement account.

iJoe

Rotation player
Great pickup. Essentially 3 mil a year for Lin to get an apprenticeship from one of the all time smartest PGs.

Shump can handle defending the speedy PGs and JKidd can shift over to defending the SG or small SFs.

Am I the only one ecstatic that we didn't give away Shump for a ridiculous Nash contract?

Now... if Magic were willing to take Amare/Tyson for Dwight. That would make things very interesting.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
Great pickup. Essentially 3 mil a year for Lin to get an apprenticeship from one of the all time smartest PGs.

Shump can handle defending the speedy PGs and JKidd can shift over to defending the SG or small SFs.

Am I the only one ecstatic that we didn't give away Shump for a ridiculous Nash contract?

Now... if Magic were willing to take Amare/Tyson for Dwight. That would make things very interesting.
lin. kidd
shump. smith
?. novak
melo. jefferies
howard. jorts

hmmm

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer

I can't believe you included Tyson in a trade idea, even if it was for dwight. The man deserves his props after how he turned our defense around.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Dont skip past this post, read it!

Does everyone remember how solid our offense was with Billups at the point (2nd in the league)? Alot of that was due to his leadership, calling out players and directing Melo, Amare and our shooters around the floor for open shots. While Kidd doesn't bring the same offensive prowess as Billups, he has all the leadership tools and more to smooth out our offensive flow.

Last season was a nightmare schedule for veterans and Dallas ran Kidd into the floor with 36min per night. And HE STILL stepped up his numbers when it mattered, the playoff's. With more rest, and the focus on running the offense and only having to hit the open shot, he will thrive in our lineup and ensures we have a solid defender through the 1-5 positions.

You know what's great about our team this offseason? We aren't relying on one factor to change our season i.e. praying Melo/Amare will mesh, praying Tyson fits it, hoping Fields can go from scrub to borderline all star. This season everyone is chipping in to improve our team:

1. Melo is committed to getting into optimal shape this offseason and has reportedly lost 12 pounds.

2. Amare is working with Olajuwon to improve his low post moves & defense around the post. Others who worked with Olajuwon showed great improvement in these areas. Taking LEGITIMATE steps to balancing our spacing & offense while defeating some of our chemistry issues. Tyson may attend too.

3. There is a photo circulating on here that Tyson has been working with Jerome Jordan & Jorts this offseason helping to improve their game.

4. Kidd has come here stating he doesn't mind which role he is put in and wants to work as a mentor with Lin. Great move by Grunwald to improve our depth at PG and will help our offense & spacing issues.

5. JR Smith has stated he is committed to working on improving his defense & ball handling skills this offseason, whe has he EVER said anything like this.

6. Lin is a lock to return and has been working hard on his shot and other aspects of his game.

Obviously Woodson has been doing the rounds with our players and it is great to see for once that several members of our team are taking proactive steps to improve our team.