Checking in on Iman Shumpert

Which back-court player's progress do you see as most important to NY?

• Total voters

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I have to say Lin, not that Shump is not important, but Shump is more of a 2 and we need the PG position stabilized first.

Paul1355

All Star
If Lin was the same player as last year he would still be very effective, however Shump's progress is huge because he is coming off of a serious knee injury that can affect his overall game forever.

I hope Shump can return at full strength and be the same atheltic dynamic player he was in his rookie season.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
We brought Kidd in to work with Lin... I think that action alone answers this.. but I can still understand anyone who says Shump being that he's our lock down defender and when he's on the court everyone else picks up their D as well.

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Shump Shump, If he can stay healthy he will be part of our future in the long run along with Lin.

Shump was still a rookie, having no time to work on his game during the off-season due to injury kind of sets him back, he needs to improve aspects of his game. Hopefully he comes back strong and continues to work hard

STAT1

Starter
As much as I love Shump (he's my favorite player on this team) I have to go with Lin. PG is the most important position & his development will go a long way in determining the longterm future of the Knicks.

No doubt Iman will come back ready 2 go. We forget the work he put in last summer to come in on day 1 and contribute. His work ethic is that of someone who still hasn't made it anywhere and that's why i'm confident he will come back and still be just as good if not better.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
shumpert will be an allstar in his 3rd year. yea i went there. He's that good, this injury is nothing but a bump for him he'll get around it and come back stronger he's a worker its what he does, his defense is already all-worldy. Add to that an improved jumpshot and more drives he's got the making. Next year were gonna see some real flashes by year 3 he'll be the second best player on the team.