Knicks and Nets

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Anyone take a look at this? Stephen A Smith is crazy
http://espn.go.com/new-york/video/clip?id=8140688

Also another thing we should be worried about...
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222167/Nets_Magic_Cavaliers_Close_To_Dwight_Howard_Trade

if this goes through... we have a lot to handle in Miami and across bridge in Brooklyn. Looks like NYK is gunna be a 3 or 4 seed. I'm guessing

1. Heat
2. Nets(if they get howard)
3. Knicks
4. Chicago(maybe, if rose comes back)
5. Pacers
6. Celtics
7. 76ers
8. Up in smoke....

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If they can land Howard, they sure will be a powerhouse. Exciting team to watch, no doubt, especially when they just moved to Brooklyn. They will gain alot of NY fans. I can't say I would like the competition, but i rather have them as one of the top seeds rather than the Bulls, Pacers or Boston...

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Even assuming Nets get Howard, the team needs time to build chemistry even if they have two big name players. They won't be top 3 East for a while

lol.......Knicks at #3 and Celtics at #6 is a little too unrealistic. I think we need to put aside our team bias and see that Celtics almost took the series from Heat, even more close than OKC, while Knicks lost pretty bad. I would currently rank Celtics at #2/3 and Knicks at #4. Ofc, when the new players hit our roster and our team begins to form chemistry, we're probably gonna be stronger

If Amare plays the way he did at the beginning of 2010 we're the best team in the league

That's like asking Melo to pass. Won't happen.

STAT1

Starter
I would not put us ahead of the Celtics just yet. They are a proven team, seasoned & have built a chemistry together over a span of years that the Knicks have yet to do.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think if the Nets were to get Howard they would be better than us.

A team with a nucleus of Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard can rival Miami for years to come..

That is a legit contending core right there.

Paul1355

All Star
People forget that this team has NO ceiling, no one really knows how good we can be. We never had a legit PG with these stars for a whole season.

I am excited to see Lin take over and have Kidd behind him, it is a great 1-2 punch at PG.

Both guys have court vision and can run the floor, exactly what we need. They can hit shots when they are open, they are perfect compliments to Amare, Melo and Chandler.

we should be a top 5 team

I believe the Pacers are a great team but if they don't match the offer for Hibert then they will finish 7th at best.

The Bulls not having Rose and the Pacers possibly losing out on Hibert just gives us more reason to have a great year. The only teams we should worry about are the Heat, Nets, and Celtics. And I believe we can beat all of them if we are healthy. We have the defensive players, the right coach, the right philosophy and a lot of offensive weapons...all we need is health and PG's to orchestrate the offense which we will have.

Whether the Nets have Howard or not, we should come together and everyone should be effective. Amare needs to step up and I believe he will with Lin and Kidd.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
How in hell are the Net's going to fill out the rest of their roster? D-Will, JJ & Howard will nearly all earn 20mill per year, and Gerald Wallace is on like 10 mill per season?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Realistically if the dwight trade goes through this is what the standings would look like
1. Miami Heat
2. Brooklyn
3. Boston
4. New York
5. Chicago
6. Indiana
7. Philadelphia
8. Washington/Bucks

Without the trade

1. Miami Heat (Champions)
2. Boston Celtics (based on the core group being together for 5+ years pushing Miami to 7 games in the conference finals)
3. New york (with a full training camp, competent coaching and chemistry we should not underachieve this year)
4. Chicago (no rose they might even end up as the 1 or 2 seed again because thibs is just that good but maybe unlikely because his key player will be out for a significant amount of time)
5. Indiana(posssibly no hibbert with max deal on the table from portland; they are shopping for another center as we speak they feel he is not worth superstar money)
6. Brooklyn( williams and johnson feature one of the best back courts in the NBA second to kobe and nash now)
7. Philadelphia (amnestying Brand *understandable* as well as not resigning Lou Williams will hurt them )
8. Washington/Bucks (washington has a solid core with Nene, wall , and okafor i expect them to make a playoff push/ bucks have a nice back court with ellis and jennings as well as the new additions of samuel dalembert)

CA7

Scoring Champ
Right now lets say Brooklyn does get D12

1. Miami
2. New York
3. Brooklyn
4. Boston
5. Chicago
6. Indiana
7. Philadelphia
8. Washington

Our depth is the key, not to mention we have a more complete well rounded team.

Miami was top heavy in 2011 and lost to Dallas a more well rounder, deep team

Miami added depth and subsequently beat everyone.

Brooklyn lacks depth and only really has 2 guys who are gameplan worthy. Our gameplan to stop them too Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert.........I am not worried about the Brooklyn Nets 1 bit

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Newsflash!

How in hell are they going to get Deron, JJ & Dwight? All are earning near 20 million and will be over that in a season or two. AND Gerald Wallace's 4 year, 40 million contract.

Still don't get how it is possible especially when Crash isn't included in the supposed 11 player, 3 team trade. Do they plan on having 4 players on the roster and nothing else? Or potentially filling out the roster with D league recruits?

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Newsflash!

How in hell are they going to get Deron, JJ & Dwight? All are earning near 20 million and will be over that in a season or two. AND Gerald Wallace's 4 year, 40 million contract.

Still don't get how it is possible especially when Crash isn't included in the supposed 11 player, 3 team trade. Do they plan on having 4 players on the roster and nothing else? Or potentially filling out the roster with D league recruits?

It can be done because they still have Humphries and Lopez. Orlando is not interested in Humphries. So just as an example the Nets could sign and trade Humphries and future 1st rd pick to Cleveland for someone like Varejao. The Nets in turn could sign Lopez and package him with Varejao and 3 future first rounders for Howard. Just from a financial stand point this would work. If the Nets somehow kept Brooks that would leave them with the following roster.

PG- Deron Williams
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Gerald Wallace
PF- Mirza Teletovic(for now)
C - Dwight Howard

Bench:
Brooks and a bunch of vet min guys.

So if that trade went through they would have 6 guys under contract for roughly 70M for 2012. Now that being said I would think that Orlando would be insistent that Brooks be part of any trade scenario. I could envision a scenario where it was Lopez, Brooks, asset from Cleveland, and 3 future first round picks for Howard and J-Rich.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yo, check it out:

Nets with Howard put the Knicks into little dust particle.

The key to the Nets is that their big pieces fit together, they complement each other.

The nail in our foot is that Amar'e/Melo don't fit well, they are like two left gloves but you have two right arms.

It's a stretch for the brain to put Chicago below Knicks because even without Rose, Chicago is a stronger team.

We're snug in the 4-6 area, this is where we will be for the next 3 or 4 years.

Howard, JJ, Deron, Wallace is a team that I favor in a Nets Heat playoffs match-up.

While I do agree Dwight to the Brooklyn will vastly raise the nets standings I'm not sure if I buy them just steamrolling us during the season. It seems like you guys forget we also have a legitimate center who by the way won DPOY and who did as great as a job as anyone could in defending Dwight. The games are going to be fun to watch but Joe Johnson and Dwight dont scare me

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Its about to go down guys!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.
While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as Monday where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform. Sources have also said that Magic brass are set for a Monday meeting at 9 am ET to see if this is truly the deal they want to make. The nation's Dwightmare may be close to coming to an end in short order. Stay tuned.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Anyone take a look at this? Stephen A Smith is crazy
http://espn.go.com/new-york/video/clip?id=8140688

Also another thing we should be worried about...
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222167/Nets_Magic_Cavaliers_Close_To_Dwight_Howard_Trade

if this goes through... we have a lot to handle in Miami and across bridge in Brooklyn. Looks like NYK is gunna be a 3 or 4 seed. I'm guessing

1. Heat
2. Nets(if they get howard)
3. Knicks
4. Chicago(maybe, if rose comes back)
5. Pacers
6. Celtics
7. 76ers
8. Up in smoke....
Boston seeded at #6? They just got Jason terry, Resigned Bass, KG, Green and bradley will be making a return soon on top of that they drafted Fab Melo and sullinger, They lost Ray allen but still potential have one of the deepest teams in the league if they can stay healthy. I got

1.Heat
2.Nets-- (if they acquire Dwight)
3.Boston-- ( Remember pierce was injured to start the season) if he's healthy + their added depth please don't sleep on this team.
4.Knicks-- (if they stay injury FREE i would even put them 3rd seed)
5.Pacers
6.Bulls-- (unless Rose can make a BIG return )
7.Sixers
8.Wizards-- ( Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Oakafor) in the EAST this is a playoff team.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Knicks
4. Celtics
5. Hawks
6. Bulls
7. 76ers
8. Pacers

On the fence
Cavs
Raptors

Why would the hawks still be in the playoff picture without joe johnson remember they weren't making the playoffs before he got to atlanta let me fix this for you
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Boston
4. New york
5. Pacers
6. Chicago
7. Philadelphia
8. Washington

Paul1355

All Star
Agreed

Why would the hawks still be in the playoff picture without joe johnson remember they weren't making the playoffs before he got to atlanta let me fix this for you
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Boston
4. New york
5. Pacers
6. Chicago
7. Philadelphia
8. Washington

your list is probably the most realistic possibility.

Still don't know how the Roy Hibbert situation will pan out, but if the Pacers don't match the max offer the Trailblazers offered Hibert then the Pacers might finish 7th at best.

NY has the ability to be the 2nd best team but it all depends on Jeremy Lin having everyone gel and having Amare come back to the player he was the first year he came here.

Washington is a team I did not consider but they will be atleast a .500 team with the whole roster shaping up with Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Okafor...and a bench of Seraphim, Vessly, Jordan Crawford, Booker...and Blatche will prob be amnestied...they have a pretty solid team this year. They have to stay healthy...Nene and Okafor can't stay on the floor.

I would be happy with Knicks being in top 4 as long as they have home court advantage in the playoffs. And let's be healthy come playoff time for once!!!