Mark Jackson to coach the Knicks

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
i think if we ask mark to come and coach the knicks, he will accept. Just look at the other coaches arround: byron scott, doc rivers, isiah thomas.
what do all these have in common? Ex NBA Guards and all highly known arround the world. Take a look and you'll see none of these successful coaches served a coaching internship. Going back in time both Pat Riley and Jerry Sloan qualify in this category also. Neither Pat nor Jerry spent one game on an NBA bench as an assistant.
so yes, i think mark will be perfect for this job, let chaney go, he's useless

allan20

Benchwarmer
i would love to see mark as a head coach, but as long as layden is here, it won't happen
maybe after our big contracts expire and can rebuilt...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LOL & using Isiah to justify something.

It's hard to think that it was only a few years ago that some of us thought he might do some good for this organization.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think in all honesty that D'Antoni might be gone during the offseason i dont see him being head coach for much longer i really dont.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
While I must admit I havent followed the NBA as close as I used to in the 90s (Starks, Ewing, OAK, Mason, Spree, Houston, LJ and the 4 point play, good old days) I never got the feeling that D'Antoni could lead a team to a championship.

In the NBA you have to play atleast some defense and his teams seem to never play any D at all. I really hope with the window we have once we get Melo that we dont waste years on a guy that cant or just doesnt get his team to play any type of Defense.

Hopefully management isnt too attached to D'Antoni and can bring in someone who will help the Knicks reach their full potential, but at the same time how can they fire him now after the turn around the team has had this season so far?