lin and fields got ridiculous money thrown at them. let em walk.

Kiyaman

Legend
Listen, any knick fan shouldn't gloat over the lost of Lin and sure as hell over the lost of landry. Carmelo is 100% right, that contract Houston offered Lin is ridiculous and is blasphemous. Probably the best thing the knicks could have done and from wht I am hearing will do it not matching neither offers. Yes Lin brings good marketing value to NYK and his story is inspiring but his on court performance is not all that and the knicks shouldn't jeopardize the little money they have on him. Plus I like the move of you guys getting Raymond again anyways.

Hushup we FFed up.....we sent a boy to do a MAN job.
The Heat board is callin u

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Listen, any knick fan shouldn't gloat over the lost of Lin and sure as hell over the lost of landry. Carmelo is 100% right, that contract Houston offered Lin is ridiculous and is blasphemous. Probably the best thing the knicks could have done and from wht I am hearing will do it not matching neither offers. Yes Lin brings good marketing value to NYK and his story is inspiring but his on court performance is not all that and the knicks shouldn't jeopardize the little money they have on him. Plus I like the move of you guys getting Raymond again anyways.

Agree and disagree.

Agree with Melo that the contract is ridiculous. Don't know why people are getting mad over that. The guy was just speaking his mind and he's telling the truth.

However Jeremy's ceiling is unknown where we know what Felton can do.

But I'm kind of ok with getting Felton. I feel that there's a reason all of this is happening.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Yea, we know what Felton can do, and it stinks. 2 years ago is a long time in the NBA and guys regress quick.

Who the hell cares if Lin is overpaid, dont you pay a draft pick regardless if he's a bust.

This franchise pisses away money at trash, we finally get a gem and we throw him away.

And who the hell are we to be on our high horse when it comes to Lin, we havent won a damn thing since the 70's

What has this franchise accomplished that we can afford to lose a potential All-Star PG...we've got no pot to piss in folks

at the end of the day, it may be best for both sides but this team had better win without Lin.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Forget that, I am gloating:) I tried to tell these cats and they just don't listen. Don't disagree with KNICK fans on KO.COM because they will tell you the world is flat a believe it. I am a Cardinal fan as well and Lance Berkman is starting tonight at first. Already has scored a run actually. He missed exactly one month with the same injury as Lin, except Berk is 37 YEARS OLD. hmmmm.... Keep posting here please because basketball IQ here is very low.... You guys just won a chip with Mario freaking Chalmers running point....yet KO.COM is disappointed we aren't paying an unproven rookie 30 million. I have an idea, maybe we can pay STEPH 10 million to come back from CHINA to run point. Now that would be a popular idea around here lol

jimkcchief88

All Star
fields has been overrated by people for a couple years and lin is still a question mark. i also find it funny how more established veterans are taking less money to go to miami yet two young players for the knicks can't suck up some pride to come back here. jesus

Nice thread welcome to the board rep point given

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yea, we know what Felton can do, and it stinks. 2 years ago is a long time in the NBA and guys regress quick.

Who the hell cares if Lin is overpaid, dont you pay a draft pick regardless if he's a bust.

This franchise pisses away money at trash, we finally get a gem and we throw him away.

And who the hell are we to be on our high horse when it comes to Lin, we havent won a damn thing since the 70's

What has this franchise accomplished that we can afford to lose a potential All-Star PG...we've got no pot to piss in folks

at the end of the day, it may be best for both sides but this team had better win without Lin.

Lol...Raymond Felton is going to get booed like hell when he touches the ball at MSG during the season tip-off.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im willing to accept whatever the Knicks do with Lin, at this point with Dolan i have no idea what to expect. Im not gonna read into the ESPN reports too much, Dolan is a wild card.

As for Fields, i couldnt be more happy that hes finally gone

STAT1

Starter
so where was indiana when portland offered hibbert that money? where was new orleans with eric gordon? where was portland with nicholas batum? the knicks aren't the first team to let someone look and then match. this isn't the knicks fault in my opinion.

Exactly right. This is how free agency goes down in the NBA. People are acting like Lin was going to automatically sign a max offer from the Knicks before testing his value around the league. Why would he sign an offer to play for 4 years at $24M when he could make $25M over 3? The Knicks played it the only way they could possibly play it. They had no offer sheet to match until Houston signed him to this. Severely disappointing outcome here, but the Knicks are not in the wrong in the least, just as Lin had every right to explore his own market value around the league. Personally I think he's losing out on more endorsement money than he's going to make on this contract by going to Houston. I think he wanted his cake & eat it too figuring the Knicks would match any offer regardless. We'll see if he's better off in Houston, & hopefully the Knicks are better off with Felton, but right now this just stinks all the way around.

erivera

Benchwarmer
Exactly right. This is how free agency goes down in the NBA. People are acting like Lin was going to automatically sign a max offer from the Knicks before testing his value around the league. Why would he sign an offer to play for 4 years at $24M when he could make $25M over 3? The Knicks played it the only way they could possibly play it. They had no offer sheet to match until Houston signed him to this. Severely disappointing outcome here, but the Knicks are not in the wrong in the least, just as Lin had every right to explore his own market value around the league. Personally I think he's losing out on more endorsement money than he's going to make on this contract by going to Houston. I think he wanted his cake & eat it too figuring the Knicks would match any offer regardless. We'll see if he's better off in Houston, & hopefully the Knicks are better off with Felton, but right now this just stinks all the way around.

also if the knicks offered him a certain deal and then houston offered him that deal then we're hearing how the knicks low-balled lin. i don't think anyone thought lin was gonna get that type of contract.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Forget that, I am gloating:) I tried to tell these cats and they just don't listen. Don't disagree with KNICK fans on KO.COM because they will tell you the world is flat a believe it. I am a Cardinal fan as well and Lance Berkman is starting tonight at first. Already has scored a run actually. He missed exactly one month with the same injury as Lin, except Berk is 37 YEARS OLD. hmmmm.... Keep posting here please because basketball IQ here is very low.... You guys just won a chip with Mario freaking Chalmers running point....yet KO.COM is disappointed we aren't paying an unproven rookie 30 million. I have an idea, maybe we can pay STEPH 10 million to come back from CHINA to run point. Now that would be a popular idea around here lol

nice point about mario. but i just don't see why a lot of guys are really committing suicide bc Doland won't match the offer. look at the history, the knicks have a back for being prisioners of the moment and giving out horrible contracts. i.e Curry, Crawford. People talk about losing money bc lin isn't there, well listen to this, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN GAMES THAT WONT MATTER. What matters is if the team is winning bc ultimately winning leads to more things. As I stated before, this is probably the best thing Doland could have done for this team. Even if he is a billion dollar owner and probably doesn't mind paying the lux tax, its not worth any more financial restrainments on you guys.

I can't believe some of you were actually hip to the idea of paying a guy 30 million dollars who had not even played 30 good games in the league.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
The way same folks are reacting it's as if we lost Ewing or The King in their prime...FFS some folks need to get a grip.

Lin is a good player but not a single person with a modicum of Basketball IQ envisions Lin as an elite PG. 15 mill on final year...YIKES...30 Mill with luxury...JOKE!!!

Again folks Lin is not an elite baller, worse case scenario we remain middle of the pack but...give ourselves enough cap space to hopefully take a run at a PG such as Brendan Jennings.

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
The way same folks are reacting it's as if we lost Ewing or The King in their prime...FFS some folks need to get a grip.

Lin is a good player but not a single person with a modicum of Basketball IQ envisions Lin as an elite PG. 15 mill on final year...YIKES...30 Mill with luxury...JOKE!!!

Again folks Lin is not an elite baller, worse case scenario we remain middle of the pack but...give ourselves enough cap space to hopefully take a run at a PG such as Brendan Jennings.

Take a closer look at the Knicks cap situation. There is no cap space whether or not we match this offer because of what's committed to Stat, Chandler, and Melo.

jimkcchief88

All Star
nice point about mario. but i just don't see why a lot of guys are really committing suicide bc Doland won't match the offer. look at the history, the knicks have a back for being prisioners of the moment and giving out horrible contracts. i.e Curry, Crawford. People talk about losing money bc lin isn't there, well listen to this, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN GAMES THAT WONT MATTER. What matters is if the team is winning bc ultimately winning leads to more things. As I stated before, this is probably the best thing Doland could have done for this team. Even if he is a billion dollar owner and probably doesn't mind paying the lux tax, its not worth any more financial restrainments on you guys.

I can't believe some of you were actually hip to the idea of paying a guy 30 million dollars who had not even played 30 good games in the league.

Believe it because Knicks fans these days aren't smart. I guess its more about the glamour of losing or something I don't know. I suppose its like CUB fans here in Chicago. It ain't about winning and being a Cubs fan. They haven't won in over a century. Its not about knowing anything about the game or anything like that. It's more about having a cool jersey and hat and living on the Northside Chicago and telling your facebook friends you were partying in Wrigleyville. I guess that's it. It's cooler to have the "Asian Sensation" running point and going to the game after dim sum in cool glasses then actually being relevent on the court. You guys won a chip with Chalmers running point. The Bulls won 6 chips with guys like BJ Armstrong running point. The Lakers won Chips with Fish running point. I am glad Mr Jeremy "I am too valuable to play in the playoffs" Lin is leaving. Teach these bandwagon knowknothings around here a lesson and maybe thin out the herd.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Take a closer look at the Knicks cap situation. There is no cap space whether or not we match this offer because of what's committed to Stat, Chandler, and Melo.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

All come off the books following the 14/15 campaign.

With a year left Knicks can easily move at least one big contract if not two.

Or wait for some quality Free agents in summer of 2015 or 2016 i.e Wall, Irving, Love, Aldridge etc etc etc.

Bottom line Lin is not worth elite money.

Last edited: