Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevoyage View Post
    not lins fault. blame it on knicks mismanagement. they should have offered lin a contract from the start. say they offer a 3 year contract for 5 mil per year for first 2 years and 10 mil in the third year, I'm sure lin would have signed that right away and we wouldn't be in this mess right now. all they had to do was say to lin, that is the max we can offer you without triggering the lux tax and is a very generous offer for someone who hasn't even played for a full season yet. plus the tons of big endorsement deals for lin for staying in the biggest media market. even if all lin cared about was the money, he would be an idiot not to take the offer. its a win- win offer for lin and the knicks and makes things simple, it shows that the knicks respect and value him and are serious about keeping him and saves them money because they can offer a contract that doesn't trigger the lux tax. letting him go elsewhere to look for contract just really complicates and screws things up for the knicks, with a large risk of putting the team in lux tax hell, and that is what happened. they let another team control the outcome and are paying for it. offering a contract off the bat would make it clear that the knicks respects and value lin, and are serious about him. and not doing so could be interpreted as a sign of disrespect. really, really stupid move!

so where was indiana when portland offered hibbert that money? where was new orleans with eric gordon? where was portland with nicholas batum? the knicks aren't the first team to let someone look and then match. this isn't the knicks fault in my opinion. i don't think anyone was gonna offer that money. also jeremy lin played in 35 games last year in a 66 game schedule. of those 35, we only got a real good look at him in probably 25. if we offered a contract like that to a random player not named jeremy lin a lot of you would be saying how crazy this management is. jeremy lin is a very good player, but stop acting like it's the end of the world.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by dasilva1079 View Post
    Knicks played it right by not offering lin a offer sheet first, it's a chess game, if they don't care about the money and sign lin anyway, the felton move was GENIUS...let's see what happens. I would be much happier if we kept him as this would be the best team i have seen the knicks with since Ewing, LJ, starks and Houston and i'm not even counting Camby, Shump, Novak and JR. I'm not bitching until I see what happens. If they match, I would consider this a championship team and they can still add Grant Hill. If they don't sign Lin, they can run with Kidd, Felton and Prigioni, but I honestly don't know where we would end up due to Kidds age, Felton being out of shape (TEMPORARY) and me never personally seeing Prigioni play although I'm sure he is a great point. I would rather go big now than wonder what will happen in the end...

I stop reading after the first sentence .. Grunwald has proven he is
    as clueless on NBA players worth n value as our past 3 dum-dum GMs.
    Grunwald did not understand what winning Lin & Novak Birds rights meant.
    All Grunwald had to do was make a media statement of "now I could work on
    resigning all 3 of the Knicks restricted FA" on June 29th. when Arbitration
    made the final decision on the appeal of players Birds Rights.

Grunwald made a media comment of letting our restricted FA test their
    worth on the FA market....WHAT!!!! Do u think OKC is going to let
    Durant/Westbrook/Harden test the FA market to find their worth???

The Houston Rockets made billions off of Yao .. of course they were going
    to be the first team to give Lin an offer-sheet.
    Its dum-dum GMs like Mchale & Grunwald being the reason why the CBA
    lockout last so long into a season.

Listen, any knick fan shouldn't gloat over the lost of Lin and sure as hell over the lost of landry. Carmelo is 100% right, that contract Houston offered Lin is ridiculous and is blasphemous. Probably the best thing the knicks could have done and from wht I am hearing will do it not matching neither offers. Yes Lin brings good marketing value to NYK and his story is inspiring but his on court performance is not all that and the knicks shouldn't jeopardize the little money they have on him. Plus I like the move of you guys getting Raymond again anyways.

Veteran

The difference here is that the Knicks haven't matched.

If the Knicks really wanted to keep him, they would have offered him a deal first. They wanted Steve Nash, so they focused on that, and while the Nash stuff was going on, Houston made a play and got Lin's attention.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by erivera View Post
    so where was indiana when portland offered hibbert that money? where was new orleans with eric gordon? where was portland with nicholas batum? the knicks aren't the first team to let someone look and then match. this isn't the knicks fault in my opinion. i don't think anyone was gonna offer that money. also jeremy lin played in 35 games last year in a 66 game schedule. of those 35, we only got a real good look at him in probably 25. if we offered a contract like that to a random player not named jeremy lin a lot of you would be saying how crazy this management is. jeremy lin is a very good player, but stop acting like it's the end of the world.

Larry Bird quit on the Indiana Pacers, and Dum-Dum Walsh is in his place.
    Did the league finalize the sell on the New Orleans Hornets? its the interim GM that match the offer.
    Portland coach and GM quit after one season of Felton in Portland.
    must I go on ........

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by REALHEAT View Post
    Listen, any knick fan shouldn't gloat over the lost of Lin and sure as hell over the lost of landry. Carmelo is 100% right, that contract Houston offered Lin is ridiculous and is blasphemous. Probably the best thing the knicks could have done and from wht I am hearing will do it not matching neither offers. Yes Lin brings good marketing value to NYK and his story is inspiring but his on court performance is not all that and the knicks shouldn't jeopardize the little money they have on him. Plus I like the move of you guys getting Raymond again anyways.

Hushup we FFed up.....we sent a boy to do a MAN job.
    The Heat board is callin u

Agree and disagree.

Agree with Melo that the contract is ridiculous. Don't know why people are getting mad over that. The guy was just speaking his mind and he's telling the truth.

However Jeremy's ceiling is unknown where we know what Felton can do.

But I'm kind of ok with getting Felton. I feel that there's a reason all of this is happening.

Yea, we know what Felton can do, and it stinks. 2 years ago is a long time in the NBA and guys regress quick.

Who the hell cares if Lin is overpaid, dont you pay a draft pick regardless if he's a bust.

This franchise pisses away money at trash, we finally get a gem and we throw him away.

And who the hell are we to be on our high horse when it comes to Lin, we havent won a damn thing since the 70's

What has this franchise accomplished that we can afford to lose a potential All-Star PG...we've got no pot to piss in folks

at the end of the day, it may be best for both sides but this team had better win without Lin.

Veteran

Forget that, I am gloating I tried to tell these cats and they just don't listen. Don't disagree with KNICK fans on KO.COM because they will tell you the world is flat a believe it. I am a Cardinal fan as well and Lance Berkman is starting tonight at first. Already has scored a run actually. He missed exactly one month with the same injury as Lin, except Berk is 37 YEARS OLD. hmmmm.... Keep posting here please because basketball IQ here is very low.... You guys just won a chip with Mario freaking Chalmers running point....yet KO.COM is disappointed we aren't paying an unproven rookie 30 million. I have an idea, maybe we can pay STEPH 10 million to come back from CHINA to run point. Now that would be a popular idea around here lol

Veteran

fields has been overrated by people for a couple years and lin is still a question mark. i also find it funny how more established veterans are taking less money to go to miami yet two young players for the knicks can't suck up some pride to come back here. jesus
    Nice thread welcome to the board rep point given

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
    Yea, we know what Felton can do, and it stinks. 2 years ago is a long time in the NBA and guys regress quick.

Who the hell cares if Lin is overpaid, dont you pay a draft pick regardless if he's a bust.

This franchise pisses away money at trash, we finally get a gem and we throw him away.

And who the hell are we to be on our high horse when it comes to Lin, we havent won a damn thing since the 70's

What has this franchise accomplished that we can afford to lose a potential All-Star PG...we've got no pot to piss in folks

at the end of the day, it may be best for both sides but this team had better win without Lin.
    Lol...Raymond Felton is going to get booed like hell when he touches the ball at MSG during the season tip-off.

Im willing to accept whatever the Knicks do with Lin, at this point with Dolan i have no idea what to expect. Im not gonna read into the ESPN reports too much, Dolan is a wild card.

As for Fields, i couldnt be more happy that hes finally gone

so where was indiana when portland offered hibbert that money? where was new orleans with eric gordon? where was portland with nicholas batum? the knicks aren't the first team to let someone look and then match. this isn't the knicks fault in my opinion.
    Exactly right. This is how free agency goes down in the NBA. People are acting like Lin was going to automatically sign a max offer from the Knicks before testing his value around the league. Why would he sign an offer to play for 4 years at $24M when he could make $25M over 3? The Knicks played it the only way they could possibly play it. They had no offer sheet to match until Houston signed him to this. Severely disappointing outcome here, but the Knicks are not in the wrong in the least, just as Lin had every right to explore his own market value around the league. Personally I think he's losing out on more endorsement money than he's going to make on this contract by going to Houston. I think he wanted his cake & eat it too figuring the Knicks would match any offer regardless. We'll see if he's better off in Houston, & hopefully the Knicks are better off with Felton, but right now this just stinks all the way around.
    Woodsanity!

Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Exactly right. This is how free agency goes down in the NBA. People are acting like Lin was going to automatically sign a max offer from the Knicks before testing his value around the league. Why would he sign an offer to play for 4 years at $24M when he could make $25M over 3? The Knicks played it the only way they could possibly play it. They had no offer sheet to match until Houston signed him to this. Severely disappointing outcome here, but the Knicks are not in the wrong in the least, just as Lin had every right to explore his own market value around the league. Personally I think he's losing out on more endorsement money than he's going to make on this contract by going to Houston. I think he wanted his cake & eat it too figuring the Knicks would match any offer regardless. We'll see if he's better off in Houston, & hopefully the Knicks are better off with Felton, but right now this just stinks all the way around.
    also if the knicks offered him a certain deal and then houston offered him that deal then we're hearing how the knicks low-balled lin. i don't think anyone thought lin was gonna get that type of contract.

Watch MSG stock on Monday and see the impact of Lin leaving.