Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Knicks have until Tuesday 11:59pm to match.

If the stock were to move, it would happen on Wednesday, not Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by LINvincible View Post
    Watch MSG stock on Monday and see the impact of Lin leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Hushup we FFed up.....we sent a boy to do a MAN job.
    The Heat board is callin u
    how did u guys mess up?

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Forget that, I am gloating I tried to tell these cats and they just don't listen. Don't disagree with KNICK fans on KO.COM because they will tell you the world is flat a believe it. I am a Cardinal fan as well and Lance Berkman is starting tonight at first. Already has scored a run actually. He missed exactly one month with the same injury as Lin, except Berk is 37 YEARS OLD. hmmmm.... Keep posting here please because basketball IQ here is very low.... You guys just won a chip with Mario freaking Chalmers running point....yet KO.COM is disappointed we aren't paying an unproven rookie 30 million. I have an idea, maybe we can pay STEPH 10 million to come back from CHINA to run point. Now that would be a popular idea around here lol
    nice point about mario. but i just don't see why a lot of guys are really committing suicide bc Doland won't match the offer. look at the history, the knicks have a back for being prisioners of the moment and giving out horrible contracts. i.e Curry, Crawford. People talk about losing money bc lin isn't there, well listen to this, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN GAMES THAT WONT MATTER. What matters is if the team is winning bc ultimately winning leads to more things. As I stated before, this is probably the best thing Doland could have done for this team. Even if he is a billion dollar owner and probably doesn't mind paying the lux tax, its not worth any more financial restrainments on you guys.

I can't believe some of you were actually hip to the idea of paying a guy 30 million dollars who had not even played 30 good games in the league.

The way same folks are reacting it's as if we lost Ewing or The King in their prime...FFS some folks need to get a grip.

Lin is a good player but not a single person with a modicum of Basketball IQ envisions Lin as an elite PG. 15 mill on final year...YIKES...30 Mill with luxury...JOKE!!!

Again folks Lin is not an elite baller, worse case scenario we remain middle of the pack but...give ourselves enough cap space to hopefully take a run at a PG such as Brendan Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O Knick View Post
    The way same folks are reacting it's as if we lost Ewing or The King in their prime...FFS some folks need to get a grip.

Lin is a good player but not a single person with a modicum of Basketball IQ envisions Lin as an elite PG. 15 mill on final year...YIKES...30 Mill with luxury...JOKE!!!

Again folks Lin is not an elite baller, worse case scenario we remain middle of the pack but...give ourselves enough cap space to hopefully take a run at a PG such as Brendan Jennings.
    Take a closer look at the Knicks cap situation. There is no cap space whether or not we match this offer because of what's committed to Stat, Chandler, and Melo.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by REALHEAT View Post
    nice point about mario. but i just don't see why a lot of guys are really committing suicide bc Doland won't match the offer. look at the history, the knicks have a back for being prisioners of the moment and giving out horrible contracts. i.e Curry, Crawford. People talk about losing money bc lin isn't there, well listen to this, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN GAMES THAT WONT MATTER. What matters is if the team is winning bc ultimately winning leads to more things. As I stated before, this is probably the best thing Doland could have done for this team. Even if he is a billion dollar owner and probably doesn't mind paying the lux tax, its not worth any more financial restrainments on you guys.

I can't believe some of you were actually hip to the idea of paying a guy 30 million dollars who had not even played 30 good games in the league.
    Believe it because Knicks fans these days aren't smart. I guess its more about the glamour of losing or something I don't know. I suppose its like CUB fans here in Chicago. It ain't about winning and being a Cubs fan. They haven't won in over a century. Its not about knowing anything about the game or anything like that. It's more about having a cool jersey and hat and living on the Northside Chicago and telling your facebook friends you were partying in Wrigleyville. I guess that's it. It's cooler to have the "Asian Sensation" running point and going to the game after dim sum in cool glasses then actually being relevent on the court. You guys won a chip with Chalmers running point. The Bulls won 6 chips with guys like BJ Armstrong running point. The Lakers won Chips with Fish running point. I am glad Mr Jeremy "I am too valuable to play in the playoffs" Lin is leaving. Teach these bandwagon knowknothings around here a lesson and maybe thin out the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyHoyle View Post
    Take a closer look at the Knicks cap situation. There is no cap space whether or not we match this offer because of what's committed to Stat, Chandler, and Melo.
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

All come off the books following the 14/15 campaign.

With a year left Knicks can easily move at least one big contract if not two.

Or wait for some quality Free agents in summer of 2015 or 2016 i.e Wall, Irving, Love, Aldridge etc etc etc.

Bottom line Lin is not worth elite money.
    Last edited by T.O Knick; Jul 17, 2012 at 20:13.

guess we are letting Lin walk
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare